Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Ophthalmologists online in Bhopal. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ganesh Dilip Kumar Pillay
Submit a review for Dr. Ganesh Dilip Kumar PillayYour feedback matters!
I have suffer or drive job. When I drive my bike for long time, l have head ache. Some doctors tell me about it that getting. Please tell me about it. Thank.
Hello Dr. My daughter is 3.8 years old she is having squint in her right eye. We consulted doctor and she prescribed for specks. My daughter is wearing specks since 4 months now the Dr. is saying for operation. please ADVISE.
I am 22 year old. Is Lasik treatment for has any side effects? Please tell me about problems after Lasik. Any solution than Lasik?
Hello Dr. I have a eye problem. 1 year before my glass no. Were -0.5 and present My glasses no. Are -1.5 both and cylindrical and increases rapidly. My age is 19 .and and change my glasses every 3-4 month. No homeopathic medicine stop increasing this. What should I do?
I got hurt on my eyeball once back 4 months ago by a cardboard box, it got swollen for a few hours, and when I went to consult a doctor she gave me relief drops. It did cure me of the pain and irritation for a while. But when I use laptop or mobile for hours I get a feeling that there is something on my eyeball, a rough tiny patch. It recurs every time I spend more time on the screen. Some say my eyeball crystal had broken down and I need some ointment. Drops work work. What do you suggest.
Good eyesight can be an outcome of a diet rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin C. Including certain foods in your diet can be directly beneficial for your eye health and can improve your vision. Here is a list of 5 foods which will help you combat age-related vision problems and will supplement your overall eye health.
1. Eggs - Eggs are rich in vitamin A and lutein, which help you combat age-related vision problems and night blindness. Eggs are also beneficial for dry eyes and improving your eye health. Egg yolks are considered to be one of the best foods for your eyes and should be included in your regular diet. It also helps prevent age-related macular degeneration (AMD), which is one of the primary causes of blindness in the 60+ age group.
2. Leafy Greens - Leafy green vegetables like spinach and kale are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin which reduce the chance of cataracts. It is best to consume them raw as they have more antioxidants when uncooked. Other green vegetables like broccoli, collard greens, and zucchini are rich in lutein and play an important part in preventing age-related vision problems.
3. Carrots - Carrots improve your overall eye health as it contains vitamin A, the lack of which is one of the leading causes of loss of vision. The orange hue in carrots is due to Beta-carotene which helps the retina function better. Other foods rich in beta carotene are apricots, mangoes, pumpkin and cantaloupe which also contribute to healthy eyes. So make sure you include them in your diet.
4. Almonds - Almonds are rich in vitamin E, which prevents macular degeneration. Include a handful in your daily diet as it not only improves your eyesight but also effectively lowers cholesterol and prevents heart diseases. Nuts like pistachios and walnuts contain omega 3 fatty acids which contribute to the maintenance of your vision.
5. Citrus Fruits and Berries - Citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits and lemons are rich vitamin C which reduces the risk macular degeneration and cataracts. Blueberries also aid in the protection of the retina from damage caused due to sunlight and oxygen.
Related Tip: 8 Tips to Keep Your Eyes Cool and Protected During the Summer