Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bhopal and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
I am 20 yrs old. It has been 2 days since my mouth is upset. A sense of dryness and dehydrated feeling haunts me! and today morning when I woke up I found that the edges of my lips where swollen and not even able to open my mouth properly which is still dry. Why is it so? please suggest an effective remedy soon!
Since long time 3-4 year I cannot open my mouth widely not more than two finger and my jaw is also blocking not opening widely ,is there any cure?
I have a problem related to teeth, I brush once a day but there is a dirt between teeth and gems. When I try to brush two times a day my gems have a blood. Presently no pain is there but it may cause problem in future, please suggest me to clean my teeth and make gems strong Thank you.
I am 24 years old recently I got endoscopy checkup reports came I have Erosive Gastropathy I using medicines from since one month last few days from in morning times while splitting or in flum small light blood come out from my mouth light throat and chest pain any suggestion.
I have multiple white patches in my inner cheeks (mouth ) since last 24 days. This pin head multiple patches is painless and not irritating me. Sir I am non tobacco user. I never had used tobacco. Can this is leukoplakia as I read in internet or else please help. 24 days ago I travel with an ambulance in which a dead body of my frds father is present. My frrds father is having mouth cancer and got dead is this contagious. Help.
Even after having brush two times a day. I am facing dental cavity problem. What care should be taken to cure and avoid the cavities?
Can I do teeth whitening (bleaching) at home or should go to dentist for that? suggest me some best bleaching kit available at medical stores.
Dry mouth or Xerostomia is characterized by the drying of the mouth as a result of reduced saliva secretion. Secretion of an adequate amount of saliva helps in chewing & swallowing of food which in turn creates a healthy oral cavity. A recent study showed that women have more chances of getting a dry mouth as compared to men. If not diagnosed on time, dry mouth might lead to mouth infections, severe damage to the teeth enamel and gingivitis.
The symptoms of dry mouth include, but are not limited to:
- Craving for water in regular intervals.
- Swollen tongue.
- Dry eye.
- Significant trouble while swallowing, speaking or chewing along with disturbing bad breath.
- Severe headaches and formations of ulcers in the mouth
1. This condition might occur as a side effect of:
a. Other serious conditions such as GERD, Alzheimer's disease, HIV/AIDS etc.
b. Side effects of medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy; this might result in significant damage to the salivary glands.
c. Side effects of drugs prescribed for diarrhea, nausea, asthma, obesity, depression, Parkinson's disease etc.
2. Abnormal consumption of marijuana, crystal methamphetamine and tobacco might cause dry mouth.
3. It can occur during pregnancy and breastfeeding, dry mouth can be a common occurrence because of acute dehydration.
4. Sleep apnea, snoring and breathing through your mouth instead of the nose on a daily basis might induce dry mouth.
5. Severe damage to the nerves might result in dry mouth conditions.
- A healthy amount of water consumption, about 3 liters every day, will help to keep the mouth wet.
- Application of toothpaste and mouthwashes containing fluoride twice a day will help to keep the mouth moist.
- You should change the dosages of medicines after consulting your doctor if Xerostomia is primarily occurring as a result of side effect of the drugs.
- Prescribed dosage of medicines such as "Pilocarpine" might induce increased saliva secretion.
- Try breathing through the nose instead of your mouth to avoid Xerostomia.