Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bhiwadi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shobhi Khan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Shobhi KhanYour feedback matters!
What is allergic rhinitis?
Allergic rhinitis is defined as allergic symptoms in the nasal passage. Allergic rhinitis can be seasonal (occurring during specific seasons) or perennial (occurring year round). The allergens that most commonly cause seasonal allergic rhinitis include pollens from trees, grasses and weeds, as well as spores from fungi and moulds. The allergens that most commonly cause perennial allergic rhinitis are house dust mites, cockroaches, animal dander and fungi or moulds. Perennial allergic rhinitis tends to be more difficult to treat.
How does allergic rhinitis occur ?
This condition occurs when allergens (allergy- causing substances) come into contact with the nose, and usually also the ears, sinuses, and the throat. When allergens come in contact with the lining of the nose and sinuses, they trigger the cells to release the chemical histamine, which causes the allergy symptoms described below.
What are the symptoms ?
- Nasal congestion
- Watery " runny nose"
- Itchy eyes,nose,or throat
- Puffy eyes or 'allergic shiners'
- Post nasal drip
These symptoms may occur during a certain season or year long. They can occur at any age.
Risk factors for allergic rhinitis
Allergies can affect anyone, but you’re more likely to develop allergic rhinitis if your family has a history of allergies. Some external factors can trigger or worsen this condition, including:
- Cigarette smoke
- Cold temperatures
- Air pollution
- Wood smoke
Ayurvedic concept of rhinitis:
As per Ayurveda, Allergic rhinitis is compared with Vata- Kaphaja pratishaya. The concept of Ama, Asatmya and virudh aahara also predict the allergic conditions.
Ama is the product of impaired digestion and metabolism. It affects Rasa and Rakta Dhatu leading to manifestation of Pratishyaya. Wrong food combinations (Virudh aahar) having antagonist properties like fish with milk, fruit juice with milk, clarified butter with honey, ice cream after night meals, etc. leads to allergy.
Ayurveda believes in balancing the three doshas present in the human body, thus treating the disease on the whole. Treatment involves clearing the sinuses and expelling phlegm, alleviating the relevant dosha and detoxification. To permanently resolve this disorder, dietary and lifestyle adjustments may be necessary in addition to the strengthening of the immune system. Panchakarma is an effective means of treating Allergic Rhinitis.
Ayurvedic treatment for allergic rhinitis:
- If the symptoms are severe and in chronic conditions, Vamana Panchakarma treatment, followed by Virechana is administered. This helps to relieve Ama and balance Tridosha.
- In some cases, where the patient has normal digestion strength, Nasya treatment (nasal drops therapy) is administered with herbal oils such as Anu taila or Shadbindu Taila.
- After the above Panchakarma treatments, Ayurvedic medicines are administered to improve respiratory immunity and strength of upper respiratory tract.
Useful Ayurvedic medicines in treating allergic rhinitis:
- Nimbarajanyadi tablet – Contains neem and turmeric as main ingredients.
- Chavikasavam – Fermented Ayurvedic liquid, also used in urinary tract disorders.
- Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras – Also useful in the treatment of skin diseases, diabetes, Sinus, non healing wounds, etc.
Other medicines: Narada lakshmi vilas rasa, Anand bhairava rasa, tribhuvan kirti rasa, shringarabharaka rasa, Mayur shringa bhasma, Abhraka bhasma, Lavangadi pills, Sitopaladi choorna, Marichayadi yoga, vyoshadi pills, Khadiradi pills are suggested.
- Take – Light food, lukewarm water, Kapha nashaka foods like little spicy food, saindhav salt, legumes, soups etc.
- Avoid – heavy food, fermented food, congestive food, too hot or too cold food, soar food, non vegetarian food, sweets, banana, curd, yogurt, ice creams, deserts, cakes, yellow grams, etc.
- Avoid Alcohol and cold beverages.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
How should you approach pain caused due to sports injuries?
Sports injuries can happen to any person who engages in sporting activities. These affect full-time athletes as well as those who partake in sports and exercising on an occasional basis. Most sports injuries are acute and affect the muscles and skeletal system. Usually, they are not chronic unless caused by a grave accident or left untreated.
The most common types of injuries caused due to sports are as follows:
Treatment of sports injuries depends on a number of factors such as the type of injury, part of the body affected, the intensity of the pain, and the patient's age and medical history.
Accordingly, the most common ways of approaching the pain caused by sports injuries are:
1. Immediate remedies
Several quick aid, home remedies are used to treat pain that is caused by minor injuries to muscles, such as sprains and strains. It involves alleviation of pain through rest, using ice packs and hot water bags, wearing supports and elastic compression bandages.
Many medicines such as painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills, creams and sprays effectively reduce pain caused by sports injuries. In extreme cases, morphine and codeine are also prescribed.
3. Physical therapy
A number of injuries can be treated and cured through certain exercise and workout routines. These aim at stretching and strengthening the affected area to provide pain relief through increased flexibility and muscle activity.
Various substances and chemical compounds can be injected into the injured area which works on the affected ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to reduced inflammation and relieves pain.
5. Surgical procedures
If the injury is too severe and the pain too intense, the best option for treatment is surgery. This is generally resorted to in case of damage to the skeleton in the form of broken bones and cracked ribs.
Devising the exact treatment method requires a thorough examination of the injury. Diagnosis can only be provided after taking into consideration the many factors that affect treatment. The method of treatment varies from case to case and consequently, the recovery time also differs. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have to gain weight because everyone who sees advises meto gain some weight. My weight is around 41 to 43 I guess. I just wanna gain a little bit more weight to look normal. So can you doctors suggest me any tips. Obviously every one now a days is worried to lose weight bt I want to gain a bit more.
Feeling stressed out? Don’t reach for the pills just yet; there is a better option out there. Almost all conventional methods of treatment come with side effects, no matter how effective they are. Why not opt for an equally effective method, but without side effects, yes you heard it right! Homeopathy is a method of treatment that is effective and free from side effects.
Here are some homeopathic remedies that can help you de-stress:
1. Be active: Feeling stressed of late? Time to get your running shoes on. Research proves that exercise is one of the best remedies for stress, activities such as running and swimming release ‘endorphins’ in the system, which uplift your mood. So go for an early morning jog or a late evening swim, whatever suits you just make sure that you get some exercise on a regular basis.
2. Diet: Stress can result from an improper diet where the body is not well nourished. The body needs its share of various vitamins and minerals to function optimally. So it is important to eat a well balanced mean and avoid eating junk food. Eating unhealthy food can cause reactions in the body that lead to various diseases.
3. Be connected: Being connected does not mean being connected on social media, rather forming and nurturing ‘people to people’ connections. Talk to people, getting involved in team activities and participating in various sports. Form meaningful relationships with others so that you have someone to listen to you when you feel weary and low. Staying isolated can cause symptoms of stress to aggravate.
4. Start a hobby: If you don’t already have one, spend some time doing things that give you pleasure. It can be something that gives you a sense of accomplishment. Doing such activities will keep your mind active and reduce stress levels.
5. Medications: Apart from the above, homeopathy has medications such as Nux Vomica which is used to reduce anger and impatience. For people who are stressed due to overwork, Kali Phos is an effective remedy. In case of prolonged grief such as the one resulting from a sudden demise in the family, Natrum Mur and Ignatia are advised. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!