Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bhawanigarh and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RituYour feedback matters!
I have some pain in my mouth and also yellowness on that. What is the problem. Please describes the solutions clearly.
Dental implants are a type of a treatment that is carried out to replace missing teeth. During the process of extracting a damaged tooth, the root and the crown are removed. So, a dental implant involves placing a tooth on a precise titanium insert which is surgically placed on the jawbone. These supporting inserts are placed in the jawbone because they fuse with the jawbone (similar to orthopedic plates) and thus provide a strong foundation for the replacement teeth.
Why tooth loss matters?
A missing tooth or teeth can not only take away from the beauty of your smile, but tooth loss can also have many negative effects on your oral health, including:
- Bone loss
- Shifting and drifting teeth
- Bite changes
- Chewing difficulty
- Wearing down of remaining teeth
- Changes in the jaw joint
Types of implant placement
Whether an implant is placed immediately or in 2 phases depends on a variety of factors like bone density,initial fit of the implant during surgery,the other teeth,area of jaw,loads received during chewing etc.
Dental implant placement can be of two types
- Immediate single stage placement: In this type we place an implant and give you at least a temporary crown immediately,followed by a permanent crown shortly thereafter.
- Delayed (2 stage) Implants: Such a placement is usually to safeguard the implant from any early forces when its just healing and fusing within the bone.After the placement the implant is kept covered below the gum for 3 months and uncovered after this period to give you a permanent crown.
Now that you know about the different types, it is time to move on to the benefits of getting these.
- Long lasting: Compared to other treatments such as tooth bridges which last for 5-10 years, dental implants can last for an entire lifetime if maintained properly.The only part to replace is the crown.
- Mimicking natural teeth: Your replacement teeth will feel similar to your actual teeth, so you do not need to worry about your self-image issues. Flash that wonderful smile of yours without thinking over it the second time.
- Preserve surrounding teeth: When an implant is inserted in place of a missing tooth, adjacent healthy teeth are not damaged.
- Comfort: Dental implants being a fixed replacement they have none of the problems that removable dentures or other substitutes may cause.Patients who replace all of their teeth with dental implants can feel more comfortable talking, smiling and eating.
How can we whitening our teeth please say any home remedy to white my teeth Because my teeth are light yellow even I brush twice a day please help me.
Pregnancy is a transformation phase in itself -it brings with it changes to almost all body systems. The oral tissues and the teeth are also affected significantly. Extra precaution is required to maintain regular oral health and avoid severe decay and/or gum disease. If not avoided, the dental infections can cause severe systemic infections and require strong antibiotics, x-rays, minor surgeries, and root canal therapy which may not be safe during pregnancy.
Higher levels of estrogen during pregnancy in the blood lead to a lot of visible changes in the oral cavity - higher incidence of tooth decay, gingival and periodontal inflammation, and even minor benign tumours in some cases. The notorious morning sickness plays havoc with the person's oral hygiene habits, thereby further complicating the situation.
Prior to pregnancy: A pre-pregnancy dental check-up to look for gum health and decay would go a long way in a healthy pregnancy, from the dental point of view at least. A thorough scaling and screening for cavities done before pregnancy can help avoid dental visits during the term, other than for routine checkup.
Pregnancy: If that pre-pregnancy visit could not happen, then visiting your dentist should be one of the first things to do as soon as you have confirmed your pregnancy. At this stage, no dental treatment can be done. Any elective procedures (cosmetic, etc.) will have to be done only after delivery. If the dentist identifies no cause for worry, that is great news. However, if there are any causes for concern, like a decay, the non-invasive treatment should be done at the earliest. When you are pregnant, note the following from a dental point of view:
- Oninvasive treatments like minor fillings can be done
- Regular scaling and polishing is not a problem
- Let the dentist know about all the medications you are taking
- Visit the dentist every 3 to 4 months for a regular check-up
- Follow good oral hygiene practices including, brushing, rinsing, and flossing
- Switch to a bland toothpaste in case of severe morning sickness
- Watch your diet - the teeth forming in the fetus require nutrition through you, so ensure adequate intake of minerals like calcium and potassium
- Avoid sweets and sticky/chewy foods that can lead to plaque formation
Though dental procedures can be done during the 4th to 6th month, they are best avoided, which can be done with better planning and some minimal care.
After delivery: After the delivery of the baby, please visit your dentist to ensure you have again ensured there is no emergent dental condition requiring attention. Resume your regular dental care after delivery.
With a little planning and extra care, dental health can be managed nicely during pregnancy with minimal to no pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.