Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in bhatkal. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manju
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. ManjuYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 34 years old male, for last 4-5 months, I have been facing problem in getting my erection during intercourse. I was not able to get proper erection. There has been some stress in my life regarding job for last 1 year. Suggest me what to do.
What all the symptoms of dengue? I am suffering with some body possums and high fever for the past one week.
Am having a pain in my lower abdomen near my navel and am 6 weeks 5 days pregnant kindly tell me is that normal and how to get ease from this.
I am suffering from cold for the last 3 days and I am taking cold on three times a day but still no relief. Kindly tell me what should I do as I have night shifts and cannot make it to the doctor.
Sir mere penis par 2, 3jagha red daane hoo rhe hai its normal yaa sir plss koi cream yaa tube btaiye doo teen din se pareshaan hu.
I am suffering with a gas problem. Some times in the night I don't even get a sleep because of the heavy stomach pain. Please help me.
Not getting sleep. As I am gnt to sleep early at midnights I am waking up. I dnt know why like that itzz happening.
Respected Doctors, I am 29 years old, married and have 2 sons 9 and 4 years age. MY husband 45years old, now a days MY husband not like to usa condoms so last 5 months use birth control pills. I here about birth control ring, is its effective and safe for me? Please help, thank you.
I have problem of constipation and acidity, how can I decrease this I prefer tea very much so is this all about tea. And I also have less sleep at night.
I have swelling feet since last 6 months, urine colour is yellow sometimes I have breathing problem.
Hi Sir Any medicine for impotency and premature ejaculation Now my age 53 No children complaint has been azoospermia FSH 25 Kindly suggest remedies and medicine Allergy medicine SULPHA.
Urinary incontinence, commonly known as loss of bladder control can really cause embarrassment. The severity of this condition may range from once in a while leaky urine to the sudden and forceful urge to urinate, due to which you end up urinating before reaching the toilet.
Types of Urinary Incontinence:
- Stress Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate due to sneezing, coughing, laughing or while doing physical exercise
- Urge Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate, suddenly. This may occur during the day and even at night.
- Functional Incontinence: When you cannot reach the toilet on time because of a physical or mental impairment.
- Mixed Incontinence: When you involuntarily urinate due to more than one incontinence
Stress incontinence is the most common type in women. The activities which increase your risk, are:
You have had more than one pregnancy and vaginal delivery.
You have pelvic prolapse. This is when your bladder, urethra, or rectum slide into the vagina. Delivering a baby can cause nerve or tissue damage in the pelvic area. This can lead to pelvic prolapse months or years after delivery.
Female urinary stress incontinence is the involuntary release of urine during any physical activity that puts pressure on your bladder. This potentially embarrassing condition differs from general incontinence in that it happens when the body is under immediate physical stress. Activities that can put stress on your bladder include coughing, sneezing, laughing, lifting heavy objects, or bending over. This condition is particular to women, many of whom experience symptoms after muscles have been weakened due to a vaginal childbirth, following menopause, or during pregnancy.
Ensure that you consult a doctor:
- If this condition hinders your day to day activities
- If the urinary incontinence is the result of a serious underlying problem
Causes of Urinary Incontinence:
Urinary incontinence may be temporary or permanent. Causes for temporary incontinence are-
- Caffeine and caffeinated drinks
- Decaffeinated tea or coffee
- Spicy and sugary foods
- High intake of Vitamin B or C
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Causes for Permanent Incontinence are:
- Old age
- Prostate cancer
- Enlarged prostate
- Neurological disorders
Chronic urinary incontinence can lead to certain complications like:
- Skin Problems: Skin rashes and infections can develop around the vaginal area, because of the constant wetness one feels. It may also cause sores.
- Urinary Tract Infections: Urinary incontinence can also result in UTI
- Impact on Personal and Social Life: Urinary incontinence can lead to great embarrassment, thus affecting the social and personal life of an individual.
Treatment for Female Stress Urinary Incontinence:
There are several types of treatment available. Treatment options include lifestyle changes, medications, nonsurgical treatments, and surgeries.
- Lifestyle Changes: Make regular trips to the restroom to reduce the chance of urine leakage. Drink fewer fluids and avoid activities such as jumping and running.
- Medications: Medications that reduce bladder contractions.
- Nonsurgical Treatments: Kegel exercises strengthen your pelvic muscles. Done regularly, these exercises can strengthen your muscles, allowing you to control when urine is released from your body.
If other treatments fail, you will have to go for surgical treatment. Types of surgery include:
- injectable therapy, in which collagen is injected into your urethra to reduce incontinence
- tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) surgery, in which mesh is placed around the urethra to give it support
- vaginal sling surgery, in which a sling is placed around the urethra to support it
- anterior or para-vaginal vaginal repair surgery to repair a bladder that is bulging into the vaginal canal
- retropubic suspension surgery to move the bladder and urethra back into their normal positions
Some doctors even try electrical stimulation and medication. When the condition is highly advanced interventional therapies and surgery is recommended.
Some interventional therapies are:
- Bulking material injections
- Botulinum toxin Type-A
- Nerve stimulators. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.