Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Bharuch. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rohan Patel
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rohan PatelYour feedback matters!
I am 72 year old male with following ailments (1) Type II Diabetes. On insulin by choice. 23 units morning x 10 units night (2) Heart patient with partial blocks. ECG at rest is normal On Tab Dilzem 60 BD + Tab Ismo 20 BD -------- I am very tense always Please prescribe mild muscle relaxant / anti-depressant with potency dosage, how many times per day.
Hi I am 46 years old man. For the last 2-3 year I do not get proper sleep. I am on sleeping pills but since in the morning I feel I have not got a complete sleep. I am diabetic, asthmatic and do not do any exercises. I smoke and drink too. Kindly advice how I can get a proper sleep?
hello doctor on 18 Aug I check my sugar test which is 141 after eating .I want to know after how many month I need to check again.
Dear Dr. We found diabetes and lymphnodes problem for my mom now she is better after treatment. Please advice us the fruits which can be eaten which should not effect for her diabetes and lymphnodes problem.
Hello Doctor. My recent thyroid tests showed low level of tt3 and tt4. My age is 26, female. Tt3 is 60.08 and tt4 is 3.4. Does this mean that I have thyroid? Should I consult a a doctor? Please advice.
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories.
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- One blocked and one open fallopian tube
- Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include:
- STDs such as chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhea
- Adhesions caused by ruptured ovarian cysts
- A history of ectopic pregnancies
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however, does not say much about tubal scarring.
- Laparoscopy: A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types:
- Surgery: This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. He may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
- In Vitro Fertilization(IVF): Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid.