Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bellary and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AmruthavalliYour feedback matters!
I have eye problem since 4 days. I have also ear problem and teeth problem also So guide me which tablet I have used.
I'm facing cavity in upper right side tooth now from 2 days its paining allot. I don't want to face root canal. Tel me some tablets for instant relief.
My mouth smells too much I think this smell is coming from stomach but I don't know exactly please help me.
I had a tooth extracted a couple of months back. Now a bridge has to be made. Kindly suggest that should the bridge be only of porceline or can have a metallic component also be.
Whenever I do scaling so much blood comes out. Even after doing that my problem is not solved as I get blood every now and then. While brushing or when I bite something from front tooth blood comes out or whenever I give pressure over my teeth blood comes. Please help.
Hello, Could you please guide me whether its better to get the wisdom tooth removed? Are there any effects if it's removed? If so kindly suggest me a doctor to whom I can get my tooth extracted as cavities are formed along with pain where I am unable to swallow my food.
I have been suffering mouth ulcers since 5 years, on pregnancy and delivery period it doesn't appear on me but now it is worsening than ever I tried saltwater to get rid of this but it increased and bad pain can't even drink water, eating dates helps me to reduce pain, it appears white color, rounded after few days it gets bigger like bindi, please help me, reply me fast as you can doctor.
Am suffering from tooth decay my 3 molar teeth become rotten and one molar teeth become half. So what is the price of dental filling (approx)?
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.