Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Belgaum and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tejaswini HongalYour feedback matters!
1.Brush at least twice a day. The best time to brush teeth is after meals. Choose a toothbrush with a small head for better access to back teeth. Soft bristles are kinder on your gums.
2.Use fluoridated toothpaste. Fluoride helps to harden tooth enamel and reduces your risk of decay.
3.Brush thoroughly. Tooth brushing should take between two and three minutes.
4.Floss your teeth daily. Use a slow and gentle sawing motion.
5.Limit acidic drinks like soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices. Food acids soften tooth material and dissolve the minerals in tooth enamel, causing holes (cavities or caries). In severe cases, teeth may be ‘eaten’ right down to the gum.
6.Limit sugary foods. Bacteria in dental plaque change sugars into acids.
7.Protect your teeth from injury. Wear a mouthguard or full-face helmet when playing sports.
8.Try to save a knocked out tooth. If possible, hold the tooth back in place while you seek immediate dental advice. If this is not possible, wrap the tooth in plastic or place it in milk and seek dental advice immediately.
9.Avoid using your teeth for anything other than chewing food. If you use them to crack nuts, remove bottle tops or rip open packaging, you risk chipping or even breaking your teeth.
10.See your dentist for regular check-ups. You should also visit your dentist if you have a dental problem such as a toothache or bleeding gums.
My teeth is paining continues from 2 days and I have used tablet for teeth pain but also ky teeth pain is same now you suggest me.
I have weak gums and I can see lower front teeth through the gums and due to this sensitivity issues also occur. What is the best way to get the gums back in shape? I brush my teeth two times regularly.
Hi I am 24 years old & I want to straight my teeth. So, how much it will take and is it possible or not?
when I wake up after sleep then I found my mouth full with water. Please suggest me what is the reason.
Hello sir, I am having pain in my tooth since 10 days which relieves after taking medicine. please suggest me the best treatment.?
Sir me jab bhi tongue cleaner se clean karta hu toh tongue se khoon niklne lag jaata hai. Mera tongue cleaner smooth hai toh bhi khoon niklta hai.please help
I am 22 years female and now a days I am suffering from bleeding gums and decay smell problem. What should I do please suggest me.
Sir, I am 23 year old male. My one of upper front teeth is moved just 90' in childhood. It is very embracing me. Can I change this permanently. Will it be helpful. Please.
How can I whiten my teeth which are effected by chlorine. I mean my teeth's are in yellow, so to whiten my which is the best treatment.
I have manoclusion class 2 division 2 in my teeth. My upper teeth is aligned forward while lower teeth are back so that there is gap between two. So I want to ask is it necessary to solve this issue (I don't feel any problem though but while I sleep I force my lower jaw to come forward so that my jaw looks rectangle). If yes what is the solution of this? Please help.
Sir. I am 19 age. Ma teeth are yellowish I want 2 white teeth sir. please suggest me any paste. Or any medicine. I don't know why my teeth turn in yellow ma ammi (mom) said that in childhood you not brush it.
Tobacco prematurely ages the mouth and leads to mouth cancers. Smoking tobacco stains teeth and interrupts calcium absorption in your body.
My teeth is yellow in colour and I always do all the thing what the doctor tell like brush 2 times in a day and giving me very hi-fi toothpaste etc but my teeth never change the colour from yellow to white.
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.