Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Belgaum and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Siddhi AdhyapakYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old, I have headache with pain in nerves. What should I do? And what can I do to increase my weight?
My hands tremble a lot I am not a smoker neither I have never taken any kind of drug so whats the matter with it. Help me out is it because of some kind of deficiency of vitamins.
I am 40 years old male. And have a migration since 1 year both legs are very weak .what should i do ?
Form two to three day I have brain pain and I not sleep form two to three day and it is very pain full.
Doctor, If I was tensed my hand shivers uncontrollably and I am thinking always negative about what I do? And I also do regular exercise. How can I control it?
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am having migraine problem since 13 years but still I get attack of it suddenly. What should I do to recover it?
Hello sir, my problem was frequently during my sleep I'm feeling very hard to wake up & all of a sudden all my body was not working I. E. My muscles are not working and also body parts becoming stiff I can fell it while this is happening I can hear the surrounding sounds and voice but I can't wake up while I'm trying hard to get up I can move only my index finger and the nerve impulses are generating from that finger to whole of the body so that I can get up. This is happening only for a few minutes this is stopping when I won't sleep for an hour if I sleep immediately same problem reapts. Sir I have to mention you that this happening whenever I feel stress sir I'm facing this problem from 2 years it comes very frequently. Sir in my opinion this is happening due to stoppage of nerve impulse as I was studying as a dental doctor. Sir please say me remedies and suggestions how to control it. I was so irritated by this problem. Thank you.
My hands and head will shakes lightly, I have no bad habits, my son also suffering with the same problem (age: 30yrs),help me
I had fisher surgery 10 yrs back. But something fisher problem raised sometimes bleed also. I take indrajeet capsule for temporary healing. I want final solution for this. Recently I started whey protein for body building but whenever I take motions start and I get burning effect.
Sleep apnea is a disorder that affects nighttime breathing and is caused by either a malfunction in the brain that temporarily stops sending signals to the muscles that control breathing, or by an obstruction in the airway.
Causes of Sleep Apnea-
It occurs when muscles in the back of your throat relax, tonsillitis, adenoids, obesity, middle-aged, heart disease, stroke, sedative medicines, large neck circumference, large tongue etc.
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea-
- Feeling of excessively sleepy during a day
- Lack concentration and low memory status
- Short temper
- Hyperactive children
- Leg swelling
- Impotency in males
- Frequent waking up for urination in night
- Tiresome feeling in morning
Homeopathic Treatment of Sleep Apnea-
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat sleep apnoea but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for sleep apnoea treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some of the most common homeopathic medicines for Sleep Apnea are-
- Arsenicum Album: Arsenicum album is often prescribed for individuals who have breathing difficulties at night and is considered for people with a fearful, tense and agitated response to illness.
- Lachesis: Lachesis is a remedy prescribed for conditions that worsen at night. This medicine is designed for people who are typically fearful and anxious, but also prone to jealousy and excessive talking.
- Sulphur: By reputation, sulphur is a commonly prescribed homeopathic remedy, especially for nighttime congestion and sweating. Homeopathic sulphur combats a wheezy cough and congested head, both of which are suffered in sleep apnea.
- Spongia Tosta: This remedy for croup may help congestive sleep apnea sufferers as it treats respiratory symptoms that worsen when lying down.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I was in my volleyball training 2 days ago when suddenly after exercising for a bit long I felt numbness in my left arm then felt light headed so I sat down and then my vision became blurry with green spots, I wasn't able to speak clearly, there was ringing in my ears, my body was weak and I felt fatigued, somebody told me that my lips looked pale but I don't know what happened. It's the second time in two years and I'm 14 years old, the first time it happened I was 12 and all the times it happened during an exercise, I feel like it is dehydration because it was during an excessive training with no water but when I checked on the internet and on medical sites I found allot of symptoms missing in dehydration like loss of vision, the ability to speak, numbness and ringing in the ears. I have a strong feeling that it is TIA or mini-stroke but I want medical advice, I'm going to do a blood test soon.
What are the symptoms of hysteria and migraine? What is treatment of both? How I can prevent myself from attacks of migraine?
I am 20 years old. 6 months back I had felt numbness on my left hand (mostly on the fingers) and little pain on my left shoulder. I have taken x-ray and it has shown the presence of cervical rib. Then as per the advice of doctor I have taken some tablets, thn after few days every difficulties have gone. Then after 4 months I had felt the same pain and numbness. I took mri cervical spine and Mr. angiogram, the result showed the presence of cervical rib bilaterally but no evidence of compression. Then I was advised to take Neuro conduction velocity test by the doctor. It shows that severe compression on median nerve at the point of wrist. What shall I do now? Is all these problems happening because of cervical rib? What shall I have to do? Can I get rid of these pain without surgery?
Polio is a virus that has the potential to infect any parts of the body including, but not limited to nerves and muscles. Primarily there are 3 types of polio namely, non-paralytic, spinal paralytic and bulbar. This disease shows minimal to no symptoms in more than 90 percent of the cases. 5 percent of the cases can show symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat and abdominal pain. Polio is a communicable disease and can cause massive damage if a proper dosage is not taken. It can spread through air, physical contact with an infected person, coughs etc.
- Polio can cause paralysis: Polio has a far-reaching permanent effect on the body. It can cause paralysis on any of the limbs leading to permanent disability. This severely alters a child’s life. The far-reaching consequences of the virus can only be negated through vaccination.
- Weak muscle: Polio can result in weak muscles, respiratory problems and loss of reflex. If the breathing muscle collapses, it can result in the death of a person. Any of the above-mentioned symptoms can lead to weak body development altering the fate of a child.
- It can spread fast and quick: Polio spreads very fast through the air, physical contact, saliva and water. It not only affects a single life but put millions at risk of the disease. A 1916 outbreak of the disease killed 6000 people in the United States and left several thousands of people disabled.
- It reduces the risk of infection: 3 dosages Polio vaccination under the age of 6 can save a baby from getting polio in future. The body successfully creates polio antibodies from the vaccines and gets enough ammunition to fight it if the virus attacks it in future.
- Social responsibility: Massive amount of awareness campaigns have been run by countries all over the world to permanently eradicate polio from the face of the earth. As per the latest reports, only 3 countries are reported to have babies affected with polio; Afghanistan, Pakistan and Congo. It is, therefore, a social responsibility to take part in the mission of removing polio from the face of the earth once and for all.
- Save future generation: Although polio is not known to be a disease which passes through heredity, there still lies a chance for the future generation to get this disease. In order to negate that from happening, it makes sense to get the vaccines on time.
- Give your kid a head start: Every kid deserves to have an equal amount of privileges like others. One small mistake on part of the parents can heavily cost a child’s future. In order to make sure your kids grow up with any apprehension of polio, it is very important to treat them with polio vaccines.