Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Belgaum and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Girish HongalYour feedback matters!
Foul smell from mouth. Mouth gets dehydrated inspire of drinking lot of water Less physical exercise age 30 and weight 85 height 5'8" Problem of constipation and gas Pure vegetarian Thanks. so, please answer
I am 26 years old male & I have bad breath problem since 8 years. I have consulted at least 10 dentists & all of them told that my mouth good, teeth & gum are good & hygienic. So I want to know exact problem & solution for that. Thanks & regards, Syed.
I am having tooth decay, even after filling the decay problem is still there what is the best solution to this.
During the day when i ate any preservative food or i ate once WALLNUT in the middle of night MY TONGUE GETS SWOLLEN TO THE EXTENT THAT IT FILLS THE MOUTH I RUSHED TO HOSPITAL AND GET INJETED AVIL + EFFCORLIN(steroid) or DECDEN injection IV. THIS HAS HAPPENED coulple of times. ONCE the same allergic reaction happened in the THROAT and got agin INJECTED AVIL with STEROID.With GARGLES frequently of BETNISOLTab PL SUGGEST any blood test to find out what exactly is cause what exactly is the cause At times when i had 2 drinks of whisky the ALLERGIC reactions happens on HAND gets SWOLLEN with Rash EVEN IT IS DIFFICULT TO CLOSE THE fist. Pl help I AM FED UP OF THIS AND UNABLE TO EAT FOOD,I AM SCARED OF ALERGIC REACTION
Hi Doctors I'm irritating with mouth ulcer, if I take be complex then wil be normal, apart from that it's giving problem. please suggest me what I do for that.
I have cavities between two teeth. Whenever I chew something the hollow gets filled with the food. It pains while removing. Please advise me to fix this problem. Should I replace both the teeth?
I have a bad breath problem .but my teeth is ok .i do not know what is the problem can you give me some suggestions.
Hello Doctor. What are the easy and effective home remedies for cure of bad odour from mouth? Thanks.
Dear sir/Mam My front teeth has broken in an accident. Now, there is huge pain. So please guide me, what should I have do for repair my tooth and losing pain.
Doctor A small part of my teeth got broke and there is a small hole now and now I can't chewing properly so sugest me any solution doctor.
I am a 25 years old boy and I have a little black spot in my teeth but it's not paining. Please advise.
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.