Doctor in Desai Clinic
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Desai ClinicYour feedback matters!
Do you ever wish you could start all over and take better care of your skin? A chemical peel could give you that chance. Peels can dramatically reduce lines, wrinkles, acne scars, dark spots, and roughness caused by years of sun.
A chemical peel is a solution applied to the face to remove the outermost layer or layers of skin. It's a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or hands. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new skin that grows in its place is softer, smoother and has fewer imperfections. The new skin is also temporarily more sensitive to the sun.
There are three basic types of chemical peels:
Superficial or Lunchtime Peel: Alpha-hydroxy acid or another mild acid is used to penetrate only the outer layer of skin to gently exfoliate it. The treatment is used to improve the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin as well as to refresh the face, neck, chest or hands.
Medium Peel: Glycolic or trichloroacetic acid is applied to penetrate the outer and middle layers of skin to remove damaged skin cells. The treatment is used to improve age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, freckles and moderate skin discoloration.
Deep Peel: Trichloroacetic acid or phenol is applied to deeply penetrate the middle layer of skin to remove damaged skin cells. The treatment removes moderate lines, age spots, freckles and shallow scars. A thorough evaluation by a dermatologic surgeon is imperative before embarking upon a chemical peel.
When is a chemical peel appropriate?
Chemical peels are used to treat a number of conditions including:
1. Pigmentation on face or body
4. Fine Wrinkles
6. Acne marks and scars
8. Aging skin
9. Crow's feet
10. Sagging skin
Who should not opt for chemical peels?
Generally, light-haired and fair skinned people are the best candidates for chemical peel. The procedure does not work as well on dark skinned patients. The procedure is not recommended for individuals with infections, active skin disease, cut or broken skin, or sunburns. Other contraindications include patients who are:
1. Nursing or pregnant.
2. Have taken Accutane in last six months.
Temporary change in skin color, particularly for women on birth control pills, who subsequently become pregnant or have a history of brownish facial discoloration.
Changes are transient and easy to take care of if taken care properly.
2. Reactivation of cold sores
3. A variety of chemical treatments can be used to exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin.
Depending on the depth of treatment required, your surgeon may choose one of the following peels:
1. Alpha-hydroxy acid peel (AHA)
2. Trichloroacetic acid peel (TCA)
3. Phenol peel
4. Croton oil peel
Aftercare and recovery
Your dermatologist will discuss how long it will be before you can return to your normal level of activity and work. After surgery, you and your caregiver will receive detailed instructions about your postsurgical care, including information about:
1. Normal symptoms you will experience
2. Potential signs of complications
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Nowadays, hair fall and thinning are conditions that most people face and are tired of trying new treatments to fix them. There are numerous treatments, but most have been proven to have certain adverse effects. Homeopathy, on the other hand, is an alternative medicine category, which uses not so strong chemicals or drugs, but slowly and steadily treats body ailments.
Causes of hair fall
- Various skin diseases that affect the scalp. For example, fungal infections known as tinea capitis, seborrhoea, lichen planus, eczema
- Various hormonal changes
- Nutritional deficiency, especially lack of iron in diet
- Various drugs that are taken for treatment of joint pains, high blood pressure, depression or cancer
- Diseases like tuberculosis, diabetes mellitus, AIDS, hypothyroidism etc.
- Hairstyles of individuals, especially those who fall prey to the latest trends in styling. For example, tight pony tails or braids, indiscriminate usage of heat and colour to the hair.
Homeopathic treatment to prevent hair loss
Before any homeopathic medicine is prescribed to individuals, a detail of their case history is required to be studied. Here is a list of homeopathic medicines which help in controlling and preventing hair fall.
- The various skin diseases on the scalp can be a major reason for hair fall. This may occur due to extreme itching or numerous acrid discharges from the lesions that have occurred. Homeopathic medicines like Psorinum are used to treat hair loss caused due to discharge from skin lesions. Another medicine is Mercurius Solubilis; this also helps in relieving the scalp from the lesions and discharges.
- In case of hair loss due to excess dandruff, Thuja occidentalis and Kali suphuricum are the medicines that can be used.
- In case of hair loss due to childbirth or menopause, Natrum muriaticum and Pulsatilla pratensis can be excellent medicines for effective treatment. Another treatment can be Sepia officinalis.
- The hair fall caused by anaemia can be treated by using Borax, Cinchona officinalis and Calcarea phorphorica.
- For alopecia, phophorus, calcarea, fluoricum acidum, vinca minor, carbonica are used.
- In order to fight baldness, medicines like Silicea, Sulphur, Baryta carbonica, Lycopodium clavatum can be prescribed.
These are just a few treatments in a nutshell, but there are numerous others to be discussed. To know the right medicine for you, you can always consult a qualified homeopathic practitioner.
1. Remove make up always no matter how tired you are.
2. Exfoliate your skin well.
3. Moisturize well.
4. Use home made packs as per your skin types twice a week to remove the dead skin.