Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bathinda and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Shallu BansalYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. I am a medico. My mother was diagnosed to be subclinical hypothyroidism TSH 5.9 and was started on eltroxin 25 mcg and calcium .omeze and rantac .diagnosed 3 weeks back and started using. 2 weeks everything went well. Suddenly one evng she went to puja and returned back with URTICARIA. AND it progressed to lip oedema on next day mrng .immediately took her to hospital. Started on prednisolone 10 mg 3 days with allegra and montelukast. 3 days fine. Urticaria decreased. On 4th day again urticaria started now it was generalised (initially on day 1 it was localised) on that day night he developed one episode of tightness throat. But no shortness of breath. Later mrng again we took to hospital. Vitals all normal. Doc said to continue allegra and montelukast .and by evng urticaria increased and consulted dermatologist and started on deflocort and allegra and montelukast .now rashes urticaria less. My QUESTION CAN IT BE DUE TO ELTROXIN? RANTAC? OMEZA? CALCIUM? I MEAN DRUG INDUCED URTICARIA? OR SHE SAID SHE ATE LITTLE PRASADAM AT TEMPLE? CAN IT BE DUE TO FOOD? WHAT IS BEST STEP. ELTROXIN CONTINUE OR STOP?
Ghee is commonly referred to as clarified butter, is a traditional dietary source of fat which is used in Indian cooking. It can be easily made at home by heating butter till it boils, yielding ghee. Refined oils are the vegetable oils like mustard, safflower, canola and the rest which are really popular these days as cooking mediums. These are the products of a chemical treatment to get rid of the strong odour and taste, as well as toxins present in the original oil.
Like, unrefined mustard oil has a characteristic pungent odour and taste and a yellow colour, but refined Mustard oil loses all of these when it’s refined. Refined mustard oil has a whitish colour and no rancid mustard taste. We shall take a look at the health benefits or the absence thereof of both- clarified butter and refined oils, followed by the final verdict on which one is better for you in the end.
Clarified butter or Ghee
Why is ghee good for you?
- It is better tolerated by those with dairy sensitivities as it’s very low in casein the main protein found in milk and has nil to minimal amounts of lactose, making it better tolerated by those with dairy intolerances.
- Ghee is also rich in butyrate, a short chain fatty acid which can decrease inflammation and help improve the digestive system.
- Ghee tastes yummy and It can be eaten on its own as it tastes nutty and wholesome. This makes it ideal for adding as topping for foods like rice, veggies and bread.
- Ghee is rich in fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E and K.
- Just one tablespoon of ghee can provide around 15 percent of your daily requirements of vitamin A.
- Ghee has one of the highest contents of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). CLA has been shown to improve insulin resistance and potentially fighting cancer in studies.
- Ghee can be stored easily at room temperature and doesn’t need to be refrigerated.
Why is ghee bad for you?
- Ghee has high saturated fat content so it’s bad for the weight-watchers. Eat in moderation is the mantra.
- Ghee’s not good for weight-loss also due to its high- calorie content.
- Refined oils are the purified vegetable oils. The vegetable oils are purified with chemicals to remove suspended particles, toxic substances, flavour components, as well as colour and odour, leaving behind clear and bland oil.
- The refined oils have lesser toxins which may be found in a few vegetable oils but they are full of chemicals according to experts, as they are obtained after treating natural oils with various chemicals to meet your expectations.
- Refined oils are the equivalent of processed foods if you will. And like fast foods they can be harmful to the digestive and respiratory systems. Refined oils have also been linked to cancer, diabetes, heart and kidney ailments, among others.
- A chemical nickel is used in the refining of vegetable oils. And it’s this element which is implicated for the adverse effects on the respiratory system, liver, and skin. It also acts as a carcinogen.
The positives of refined oils are that they have a higher smoke point. This means the temperature at which they start to smoke when heated is higher. Beyond the smoke point, an oil breaks down. So, refined oils can be used for deep frying because they don’t break-down at lower temperatures.
Well it is certainly clear that Ghee is healthier than refined oils. Use ghee in moderation though, because it has lots of fats and calories. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I shake my penis daily and allow sperm to come out. Daily 5 to 7 times continuous 7 days. Now I am facing with Gas problem. Every minute my stomach full with Gas. Every minute I get breathe like that, coming out gas in my ace. Last 4 years to I am facing this problem. I resign my Job because I am never stay with us. I am staying alone. I meet many gastro doctors but they are not find my problem. Please give the perfect solution.
Hi sir I m 20 years old male I have suffered from cough and cold flue since 2 months when I was on medication its recover bt its stopped the problem will be started. So wat can I fo?
I am 22 years old and I have a problem with heartbeat, heartbeat skips for 2/3 beats and I feel suffocation at that time.
I have profound hearing loss and wear hearing aid in both ears. With Hearing aid I lead a normal live, work in mnc in sales engineer and also drive car. Is there any medicine or surgery or exercise to improve hearing?
Fungal infection scalp flaky and some times small bumps on head. Fungal scalp treatment. How to get rid.
My penis not errecting for last 2 months and I don't understand what happened to me in these 2 months.
I am 20 years old I am from west bengal murshidabad. I have a problem in my brain when I listen music for long time. What can I do?
Good evening sir, I am a soldier n posting in hill area in arunachal mujhe nabhi se thoda upar halka sa dard rahta h aur mujhe dakar ati rahti h kuch bhi khata hu to aur kuch na khau to bhi aur sans lene me bhi dikkat ati h pani pita hu to bhi dakar ati h bhook nhi lagti nind bhi achi nhi ati aur m pareshan hu sardard hota h legs me pain hota h jyada jaise muscles pain body pain krti h kuch bhi khaya piya nhi lag raha h weak hota ja raha hu sare test krwa liye sab thik aa rahe h ultrasound krwa liya lft, kft ,esr, widal,typhoid, hiv,hapetitis, maleriya sab krwa liye sab thik ate h kya krun bahut pareshan hu army wale Dr. Ko pta hi nhi lag raha kya h wo new Dr. H yaha experience h nhi m pareshan hu kisi ne btaya stomach infection h norflox tz le wo liya h par koi positive result nhi h past history ye h ki mujhe fever hua tha 1 month pahle fever ki dawai li to loose mostion ho gya aur tabhi se ye prob ho rahi h sir please ap sabhi Dr. Se meri request h please help me suggest me m very sad m bahut udas rahta hu sardard aur body pain krti h bhook nhi lagti nind kam ati h baichaini c rahti h aur dakar ati rahti h please suggest me what I do what I eat what drink what medicine I take please help.
Hello sir my father's right leg foot so painful. He used also medicine but not relief. So please solution sir.
•Chew three to four cloves of garlic daily.
•Another option is to heat a few garlic cloves with a little bit of clarified butter on low flame until they turn golden brown. Eat these garlic cloves daily.
•Also, you can mix together one teaspoon each of garlic powder and cayenne pepper powder and have it with water a few hours before going to bed.