Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Acupressurists in India. You will find Acupressurists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Acupressurists online in Barpeta. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ali Akbar
Ear Acupuncture Technique
Electro Acupuncture Procedure
Scalp Acupuncture Treatment
Three Edge Needling Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ali AkbarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I think I have excess hair on all parts of my body I'm not comfortable with this Please help me to remove that.
Hello I am 19 year old and I have pain on my shoulder for last 3 years. This happens when I dive 2 wheeler or while sitting on dining table so kindly help me out.
Hi, i'm 36 yrs person. I've feel pain in my both ankle joints maximum in early morning. What is the reason of that & what are the solution of this problem.
My hair falls everyday. I used many hair oil for stop this process of hair fall. But it has no changes. If I touch my hair, then 6-7 hair falls in each touch. What will I do?
Doctor I have some unwanted hairs on my forehead it looksbugly to me. Is there any way ican remove these hair. please help.
I am 17 years old and my hairs are whitening from last 1 or 2 years. Please suggest some suggestions.
I want my beard to grow dense. There are many patches where beard doesn't grow. Any solution to grow dense?
In Ayuveda, muscle cramp is known as “khalli vaata”. Vyaana vaata it is a biological force that is responsible for regulating the functioning of your voluntary muscles. In case of a muscle cramp, the vyaana vaata gets impaired. Metabolic wastes are harmful toxins that tend to get accumulated in your system if not flushed out of your body and deposited between your muscle tissues and nerve-endings. This toxic waste is known as “aama” in Ayurveda, and it is known be a prominent cause of cramps. Besides aama, vata dosha is also responsible for muscles cramps.
Ayurveda provides a number of remedies to treat the problem of muscle cramps. The following are some of the most effective remedies to relief the discomfort of muscle cramps:
1. Drink warm milk to get instant relief from abdominal cramps. The alkaline properties of milk help to pacify the acidic condition in stomach that results in cramps. It is also a rich source of calcium which is known to aid in the relaxation of troubled muscles.
2. Physical activity including stretching exercise is effective in reducing the acute pain of leg cramps.
3. Garlic compound which is also called as 'Lagsunadivati' is helpful in relaxing muscles and it is also known to calm the “vata dosha” that aids in relieving muscle cramps.
4. Do warm up exercises and stretching exercises to lessen the risk of developing a muscle cramp during your workout session
5. Increase the intake of foods that are rich in minerals, calcium, potassium and magnesium as it is known to reduce the chances of muscle cramps.
6. Massage the painful region with 'prasarini taila' or 'mahanarayana taila' to relax the strained muscle.
7. Apply ice pack on the strained muscle to reduce the swelling and pain of the muscle.
8. Sinhanaada guggulu is well known to provide instant relief from muscle cramp. It has medicinal properties which have a mild laxative effect. It eases the problem of abdominal cramps and lessens the discomfort associated with it.
9. In case of extreme pain, 'Lakshmivilaas rasa', “Prataapa lankeswara rasa”, are among the most effective Ayurvedic medications which are known to provide relief in case of chronic muscle cramps.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!