Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Bariatricians in India. You will find Bariatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Bariatricians online in Barnala. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vicky
Submit a review for Dr. VickyYour feedback matters!
Many people have a common workout woe that while they are working out for hours they are not losing weight. The reason on a broad sense is simply that you are undoing your workout. Let me explain the reasons here.
1. Calorie overload/dieting - A general opinion amongst a lot of people is that since they are working out, they can binge on their favourite foods. Another group of people are those who workout with utmost sincerity but do not eat post workout. Both are equally harmful and aide fat generation.
2. Not staying hydrated - While working out, our bodies lose a lot of water. Often, we confuse the feeling of being thirsty as being hungry. So after a workout, when one might actually be hungry, one ends up filling the stomach with food. Stay hydrated at all times, especially before and after workout.
3. Drinking alcohol - A lot of people workout during the day and drink in the evening. This is a strict no-no and if not adhered to, you will end up gaining more weight than losing. Usually it is recommended staying completely off alcohol while trying to lose weight because drinks have calories and high sugar content. If abstaining is difficult, restrict the quantity.
4. Not working out enough - Human mind can be fooled very easily into believing what is not. We often believe that we our workout is enough and we don’t need to increase the number of counts, level of difficulty etc. It is good to give yourself a pat in the back, but never too soon.
5. Rewarding yourself - Rewarding yourself after losing every kilo is a very bad idea. Set a big goal and reward yourself only once achieved.
6. Drinking energy drinks - Advertisements promote energy drinks as a must for people who are working out. What they conveniently hide is the fact that these drinks are full of sugar.
7. Not eating enough vegetables - Many people turn to protein shakes and unhealthy foods instead of eating regular home-cooked vegetables which are packed with nutrients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
My Mother -80 yrs, 5.1'102 Kg She has high fat deposit in her body, specially in lower abdominal region. She can't walk properly because of it. Should we go for liposuction as a treatment to get rid of this excessive fat. Or you please Kindly suggest any alternative. Treatment.
Iam 21y old I got marred last week iam having cold from last one and off year I used many tablets but no use, and I was very strong before but I am getting nervous weakness and im losing my weigh give me any good description.
A) Can you please suggest some low fat items. B) What do you mean by early meals. Meals at what time preferred. C) Do you suggest walking as an exercise. This is in response to your suggestion on remedial measures for gas problem.
With obesity on the rise, more and more young people are looking at measures for weight loss. Ayurveda, with its safe and natural system can be a lofe saver. It believes that obesity is a result of excessive Kapha, and weight loss measures should be aimed at reducing kapha. Reduce foods that are sweet, sour or salty. Increase foods that are bitter and pungent and promote digestion.
The following are some effective ways of losing weight, a combination of natural herbs, dietary habits, and lifestyle changes.
- Guggul or commiphora resin is a very effective fat burner that is used in correcting lipid disorders and treating obesity. It helps by correcting total cholesterol levels, lowering LDL (the bad cholesterol), and increasing HDL (the good cholesterol) levels.
- Garcinia cambogia, or vriksh amla, is a form of gooseberry that is used widely for weight loss. It affects the fat synthesis, fat accumulation, and reduces visceral fat deposition.
- Salacia or Kotahla is another popular herb known for reducing fat accumulation. It suppresses the growth of adipose tissue and is particularly useful in people who are insulin resistant.
- Kalonji seeds, or Nigella, is also useful in improving waist-hip ratios and reducing body-mass index.
- Liquorice is rich in flavonoids which are rich in antioxidants. This has been proven to be useful in preventing accumulation of abdominal fat and reducing triglycerides.
- Warm lime water everyday in the morning will help boost the digestive system and promotes in weight loss. Honey can be added if required.
- Three meals a day is advisable with no snacking in between or healthy snacking if not manageable. The meals should consist of balanced, healthy foods with no oils, lots of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables. Eat vegetables and fruits that are seasonal, as they have seasonal benefits, are free of chemicals, and easily available. Melons are plentiful in summers while are adequately hydrating, the nuts and roots during winters provide protection from the cold. It is good to have breakfast and lunch as heavier meals compared to dinner, which should be the smallest.
- Starting your day with a round of exercise is considered ideal for a variety of reasons and also for weight loss. Do a mild walk for about 10 minutes after each meal to promote digestion.
- Adhere to a regular sleep pattern. The hormones and digestive enzymes have a natural cycle and help in managing weight.
- Whether meditation or music, exercise or aerobics, find a way to control and manage stress. It is one of the main causes of weight gain.