Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Balotra and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kamal MundraYour feedback matters!
1 years kid. Gets fever in the night upto 101 deg since last 3 days. Very weak doesn't eat anything. Fast breathing sometimes in the night. 3-4 times stool in a day with a foul smell. RBC count was slightly less. What could be the problem?
My 2 and half year child has reduced speaking, is afraid of many things, needs parent to be with him to be happy. Fond of toy cars and watching Laptop, mobile.
My daughter is 6 years old having neck pain problem she is stremling problem voice is not clear please my problem solve it.
I am 26 years old, and I had a 3rd month baby bt breast milk is not sufficient. So I am using 120 ml of lactogen daily. Due to bottle feeding my baby is suffering from cough, doctor asked me to stop bottle feeding, he suggested me to use spoon instead of bottles. My baby is unable to drink with spoon. I used lactare tablets for 1 month bt no use. please can you suggest me how to improve my breast milk.
Hi. Is it safe to use 3 wheel baby cart (push walker)? Does that help to make them learn walking soon.? As my son is going to start with 16th month soon but dose walk yet. And every single doc has been saying NO for normal walker.
I have a 4 month old baby, when should I start giving him fruit juices or start with cerelac as he is not gaining much weight.
My 4 year old is not improving his height and weight. Inspire of having nutritious food like fruits, boiled veggies and egg. I have being using pediasure for almost a year but no change. Even we got checked him for any ailments like lead test, HB and all. All the reports are normal. What should I do? Please suggest.
My son who is 2 year old is having loose motion after every 15 days or within a month is it due to his teeths or something else?
My son is suffering from dry cough very dangerously I shown to pediatrician doctor but stil I feel that they just give tonics.
Hi doctor, my 13 month old baby becomes very lean nowadays. What are the main reason for weight loss? How to gain weight. Note:we are frequent telling from Chennai to Bangalore is that also a reason for her poor growth?
My grand son is hyper active. He is 5 years old. All the time he does some thing without caring for its consequences. Please advice what do we do to change him.
Children are found to be more prone to falling sick than adults. This is not only due to their lower immunity, but also the carelessness of the elders around. Since it is not expected of children to take precautions, it is up to the parents to take care of that. The following is a list of ways to protect your child from one of the most common kinds of illness encountered by children lung infection.
- Avoiding smoking in front of children: It is a well established fact that passive smoking or being in proximity to a smoker is almost as harmful as smoking itself. Parents who smoke in the presence of their children are putting the latter at the risk of lung infections and various serious lung conditions. Thus, children should be kept away from tobacco smoke as much as possible.
- Limited use of mosquito repellents near children: Mosquito repellents have been known to cause asthmatic attacks in small children. The liquidators and the mosquito coils contain chemicals which should not be inhaled, especially by children.
- Avoiding air pollution: Air pollution causes irreparable damage to the lungs of children. Harmful gases and smoke from vehicles can lead to asthma, or even lung cancer, in children. To avoid this as much as possible, children should be made to wear pollution masks, especially while travelling through busy streets with heavy traffic.
- Avoiding objects which can cause allergic reactions or act as triggers: The triggers vary from one child to another and for some, there might not be any trigger at all. However, it is the responsibility of the parents to keep the children away from things, which might cause allergic reactions. Examples of such objects are, certain fabrics, fur of animals, incense sticks, perfumes, talcum powder, citrus food, peanut, pollen, flowers, dust, fumes and so on.
- Teaching them personal hygiene: Teaching children to carry handkerchiefs, cover their mouths while coughing or sneezing, washing their hands properly, and other good hygiene habits, can combat lung infections to a great extent, as these help prevent the spread of germs.
- Timely vaccinations: Proper vaccination acts as a precautionary measure for lung infections in children. Thus, parents should get their children vaccinated after consulting the respective physician.
My son's age is 5 years 7 months. When he was 2.6. We move outside bringing him for travel or else. We often notice that whenever he go outside and ride a taxi , a bus or ac car. He felt ill and vomit. This problem not arise in ac metro trains and train reservation compartment. Now when he goes to school in the morning by rickshaw he vomit regularly or if we go to park with him he often vomit. We consult the doctor who are giving regular vaccines to him from early stage he suggest us that its motion sickness or else. He told us to give gravol for motion sickness and ondem syrup for vomiting. But his illness turning to a regular syndrome. Could you kindly tell me the proper treatment or is there any alternate therapy that we can give him so that its remove or What is the solution? Please suggest me.
Hi I have 11 months baby boy. I want him to be social to all. And I want him to be stubborn free man. Need tips from you doctor so that I can follow it and it will b help full. For me.
Merit daughter ki age 8 year 8 month hai. Ye abhi bhi vista pe pesab kart hai. Weight 18.5 kg and height 121cm hai. Kya ye normal hai if not please suggest me. Thanks.
My newborn child doesn't have center piece of bone in his head, there is space around 3centimeter radius between another piece of bone.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.