Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Baramula. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Fear
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. MansoorYour feedback matters!
1. Give yourself permission to be human. When we accept emotions ? such as fear, sadness, or anxiety ? as natural, we are more likely to overcome them. Rejecting our emotions, positive or negative, leads to frustration and unhappiness.
2. Happiness lies at the intersection between pleasure and meaning. Whether at work or at home, the goal is to engage in activities that are both personally significant and enjoyable. When this is not feasible, make sure you have happiness boosters, moments throughout the week that provide you with both pleasure and meaning.
3. Keep in mind that happiness is mostly dependent on our state of mind, not on our status or the state of our bank account. Barring extreme circumstances, our level of well being is determined by what we choose to focus on (the full or the empty part of the glass) and by our interpretation of external events. For example, do we view failure as catastrophic, or do we see it as a learning opportunity?
4. Simplify! We are, generally, too busy, trying to squeeze in more and more activities into less and less time. Quantity influences quality, and we compromise on our happiness by trying to do too much.
5. Remember the mind-body connection. What we do ? or don't do ? with our bodies influences our mind. Regular exercise, adequate sleep, and healthy eating habits lead to both physical and mental health.
6. Express gratitude, whenever possible. We too often take our lives for granted. Learn to appreciate and savor the wonderful things in life, from people to food, from nature to a smile.
HELLO mam & sir. I'm a sensitive person and I have a depression problem from 1 year. And I'm very worried for that. Plzzz give some suggestions.
Rent a funny movie, go to a yoga class, keep a journal — these proven stress relief methods work. Not only will you feel better, but you’ll be happier.
These days it seems everyone is living and breathing stress. Trying to undo the tension can just add more stress if you take the wrong approach. But there’s no need to do that; there are many healthy, proven ways to get stress relief.
Here are some tried and true tips to get stress relief:
“Run, do some yoga, punch a bag at the gym,”. Exercise is a way to manage stress that doesn’t have to add to your financial woes. For example, a 20-minute walk or jog around your block can yield up to 12 hours of improved mood. The main thing is to find a physical activity that you enjoy, whether it’s dancing or fly fishing.
Spending time with friends and family who give you a sense of belonging, purpose, and fun may provide all the stress relief you need.
Dedicating a period of time every day to write about a situation that is bothering you may reduce tension and give you stress relief for the rest of the day. Keeping a journal can also help you solve problems or find positive angles amongst the stressors.
Laughter really is the best medicine. It is proven to lower tension, and at the same time, improves blood flow and the health of your heart. Rent a funny movie or hang out with that wannabe-comedian pal, and forget about your worries for a while.
Take care of yourself
W'hen tension spikes, it can be tempting to put yourself last — but prioritizing healthy eating, physical activity, relationships, and sleep is necessary if you want to avoid making your stress worse.
Get some fresh air
If you are cooped up inside all day, take a few minutes to get outside and see the sun. A little time in the great outdoors can improve your mood and help you relax.
Be kind to yourself
Think about positive affirmations daily. Thinking negative thoughts only makes you feel bad and will increase stress. Tell yourself you are doing a good job, and believe it!
Practice deep breathing and meditation exercises daily, and when you feel tension rising.
Showing thanks for your family, friends, and loved ones and being thankful for the positive aspects of your life has a calming affect. Not only does it give you perspective, it makes other people feel good, too.
Make a change
Sometimes the best way to obtain stress relief is to remove your source of tension. “for example, if you are in a job working at a certain pace in an environment that is objectively painful because of your boss, coworkers, and so on, and you’re doing it because you can earn 10 percent more money than doing something else, you could calculate that you might be better off doing something else,”.
Many people turn to unhealthy choices in an attempt to cope with tension, says goodstein. These include:
Drinking alcohol to excess
Even a seemingly harmless source of stress relief, such as computer games, can add to your problems if it cuts into the time you need to take care of yourself. Chances are that if you play computer games more than seven hours a week, you could be losing two hours of sleep a night — which will actually add to your tension in the long run. If you notice that you are starting to depend on unhealthy sources of stress relief and you can’t make a change on your own, seek help.
Some stressors are chronic and unremitting. “you may want to take a broad overview of your life to see if you have allowed yourself to be encumbered by factors that are making your life unpleasant.” if so, consider making a lifestyle change.
If you’ve been hiking, socializing, and taking care of yourself and you still have high levels of stress, talk to your doctor. Your tension could be a sign of another health issue.
Remember, you don’t have to live with tension. In fact, not only is tension unpleasant, but it is unhealthy. Keep trying out stress-relief techniques until you find the ones that work for you.