Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Barabanki and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sachin
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SachinYour feedback matters!
My sister is 29 year old and affecting from Migraine from last 10-15 years. We have tried several treatment but not helping her getting cure completely.
Parkinson's disease is a disorder of the brain that leads to tremors and difficulty with walking, movement and coordination. It most often develops in people age 50 or older and is one of the most common nervous system disorders of the elderly, according to the National Institutes of Health. There is no known cure.
The major 12-year study in Taiwan found that while diabetes increases the risk of Parkinson's 2.2 fold, including metformin in the therapy negates that risk.
“An exciting aspect of the finding is that metformin seems to be working to protect the brain against neurodegeneration which contributes to Parkinsonism. This means it may also be considered a relevant therapy for the prevention of dementia as well,” said Mark Wahlqvist, professor at the National Health Research Institutes in Taiwan and lead author of the study.
Metformin is the first-line medication for patients with type 2 diabetes. This affordable and commonly prescribed oral drug lowers blood glucose levels by decreasing the amount of glucose produced by the liver and enhancing insulin action. It's a type of biguanide drug used since the 1950s with a relatively safe record.
Researchers also found that use of sulfonylurea drugs, a common treatment for diabetes, further increases the risk by about 57 percent.
Sylfonylureas are a category of oral medications that stimulate the beta cells of the pancreas to release more insulin, according to the American Diabetes Association. Sylfonylurea drugs have been in use since the 1950s and include glipizide, glyburide, glimepiride and chlorpropamide.
Researchers theorize that metformin may re-set the regulation of energy metabolism in the brain cells. They suspect that exercise and diet may have the same energy regulating effect.
The study does not examine the mechanism behind metformin's protective effect on the brain. Researchers say that additional research is needed in this area.
Past research has shown that metformin reduces cardiovascular mortality and several cancers, including those of the large bowel, liver and pancreas.
My wife age 66 yrs having urine incontinence problem too much? her neurosurgery for brain tumor was done in 2007. She also having diabetes. taking treatment at Medicity Gurgaon but no improvement. Did catheretzatiom but she having pain in bladder What should do!
HI, I am 24 years old and I have a small problem in my hand. It shivers if I hold some weight. Please suggest.
My friend is admitted in hospital for a disease known as epileptic seizure. But he hasn't shown any common symptoms of epilepsy. Is any mild form of epilepsy which does not show any symptoms & is it permanent?
Epilepsy is a disease that affects the brain's nerve cells and triggers the release of abnormal electrical signals. This can cause temporary malfunctioning of the other brain cells and result in sudden loss of consciousness. Epilepsy can affect both children and adults.
Epilepsy can be treated in a number of ways. One of the most preferred forms of treatment is homeopathy. Homeopathy addresses both the physical symptoms of the disease and the underlying factors triggering it. Another big advantage of homeopathic treatment is that it has negligible side effects.
A few homeopathic remedies that can be used to treat epilepsy are:
- Cicuta: Cicuta is very effective when used to treat cases of epilepsy where convulsions are marked by violent, body distortions. This can include the horrific backward bending of the spine. These convulsions also make the person's face turn blue and trigger a locked jaw. This can also be used to effectively treat epilepsy cases triggered by head injuries and worms.
- Artemisia Vulgaris: This is used to often treat cases of Petit Mal Epilepsy which are characterized by staring into space, leaning forwards or backwards and stopping a sentence abruptly. It also addresses fear that triggers epileptic attacks.
- Stramonium: Convulsions triggered by exposure to bright lights or shiny objects can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. In such cases, the patient may not lose consciousness but experiences jerks in the muscles of the upper body.
- Cuprum Met: This homeopathic remedy is used to treat seizures that are preceded by experiencing an aura in the knees. Other symptoms that characterize this sort of an epileptic attack are spasms that begin in the fingers and toes and gradually spread to the rest of the body and jerking of muscles. This can also be used to treat convulsions that accompany menstruation and follow the delivery of a baby.
- Bufo Rana: Not all epileptic attacks occur you are awake. Attacks that occur in your sleep can be treated with bufo rana. Such epileptic attacks are accompanied by experiencing an aura in the genital regions. This is especially helpful for women who experience seizures during menstruation.
- Hyoscyamus: Some epileptic fits are followed by a deep sleep. This type of epileptic attacks can be treated with Hyoscyamus. Other symptoms addresses by this homeopathic medicine are fidgeting with bed clothes, fidgeting with fingers and muscular twitching.
These homeopathic remedies can be taken on their own or in combination with other medicines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.