Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bankura. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Binod Changdar
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. Binod ChangdarYour feedback matters!
I work in night shift. Its been more then a 3 years now I started feeling lazy , Not able to sleep continuously for 7 to 8 hours , Some suggested to take multivitamin and supplements and exercise. So what multivitamin should I buy ? And supplement ?
I have digestion issues and no appetite. Physically very weak and no stamina. How to increase my hunger and appetite and gain weight also. Need some expert advice?
How can I increase my weight with the better body growth and with fitness no diet can effective on me?
I am 21 years old and my body weight is 43 kgs and my height is 5feet 6 inches. What should I do to gain healthy weight and how much maximum weight can I gain in 6 months time span.
SEVENTY-FIVE PERCENT OF WOMEN SUFFER from headaches, mood swings, bloating, and other problems that threaten their relationships, work life, and well-being.
PMS has been known by women for many years. However, within the past 30 or so years, pharmaceutical companies have targeted and created a market to treat this normal part of a woman's cycle as a disease.
Premenstrual syndrome refers to the collection of symptoms or sensations women experience as a result of high hormone levels before, and sometimes during, their periods.
One type of PMS is characterized by anxiety, irritability Mood swings & depression around cycle time, Breast tenderness, Vaginal dryness or itchiness, Cyclic insomnia, night sweats & fatigue. These feelings are usually relieved with the onset of bleeding. Most likely, this type relates to the balance between estrogen and progesterone. If estrogen predominates, anxiety occurs. If there's more progesterone, depression may be a complaint.
Sugar craving, fatigue and headaches signify a different type of PMS. In addition to sugar, women may crave chocolate, white bread, white rice, pastries, and noodles. These food cravings may be caused by the increased responsiveness to insulin related to increased hormone levels before menstruation. In this circumstance, women may experience symptoms of low blood sugar; their brains are signaling a need for fuel. A consistent diet that includes complex carbohydrates will provide a steady flow of energy to the brain and counter the ups and downs of blood sugar variations.
Simple Steps to ease PMS
1. Take care of your diet.
• Cut out caffeine.
• Stop eating refined flour, sugar, and processed foods.
• Stop drinking alcohol.
• Balance your blood sugar by eating protein, such as a protein shake, eggs, and nut butters, for breakfast.
• Eat evenly throughout the day and don’t skip meals.
• Don’t eat within three hours of bedtime.
• Increase fiber in your diet from vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, beans, and whole grains. Increase omega-3 fats by eating more fish and walnuts.
• Eat organic food, especially animal products, to avoid environmental estrogens from pesticides.
2. Take supplements.
A number of supplements have been shown to help ease PMS symptoms by improving metabolic function and hormone metabolism. Here are the superstars:
• Calcium citrate.
• Vitamin B6 ,folate and vitamin B12.
• Evening primrose oil
• EPA/DHA (omega 3 fats)
• A good daily multivitamin (all the nutrients work together)
• Isoflavones from soy
• Replacing healthy bacteria in the gut also helps normalize estrogen and hormone metabolism. Take 5 to 10 billion live organisms in a daily probiotic supplement.
3. Get moving.
Exercise is very important for balancing hormones. Aim for 30 minutes of aerobic exercise, 4 to 5 times a week.
4. Address stress.
Dealing with stress is also critical. Take a hot bath at night, get a massage, try yoga, learn deep breathing or meditation.
If your symptoms are severe and are affecting your daily life, you should consult a Gynaecologist for Medical intervention.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
#drjyotsnagupta #pms #gynecologistindelhi #gynecologist #womenshealth
Sir I feel very week I feel tired so what I do grow my stamina brain not working fast I am student and 25 year old what I do learning and fast solve problem.
We all want to live longer, look younger, have more energy and lead a fuller life, right?
How can it be done?
Of course, eat right, be active, keep your mind sharp, and don’t do high-risk activities is one way. But it turns out, an ice cube and a few moments of your time helps too. At the base of your skull on the neck there is a point.
It’s a pressure point found at the base of the skull just below the bottom ridge of the skull cap at the top of the neck. If you put ice on it regularly, it triggers rejuvenation in your body.
Illness seems to disappear and you find yourself more energetic and just plain happier.
Lie on your stomach and put an ice cube at the point. Leave it there for 20 minutes. You can also use a bandage to fix it in place if you’re on the go.
Doing it once in the morning on an empty stomach and then again once before bed.
What does it do?
It improves your sleep quality
It improves your mood.
It helps regulate your gut.
It relieves colds.
It relieves toothaches and headaches.
It may help relieve lung and cardiovascular diseases.
It may help thyroid issues.
It may relieve PMS.
It may improve mental health.
The drumsticks, scientific name 'Moringa oleifera' often finds its way into the kitchen, used in the preparation of a variety of cuisines and delicacies, especially in India. From leaves to flowers, to seeds to the drumsticks itself, almost every part of Moringa or drumstick tree are edible and come laden with health benefits. In this article, we will discuss some of the benefits of drumsticks including their leaves, roots, flowers, and seeds.
Benefits of drumstick seeds
- The drumstick seeds are a rich source of Vitamins (A, B-complex and C) and antioxidants and play a pivotal role in shielding the body from the harmful oxidative effects of the free radicals.
- The seeds are also known for their anticarcinogenic properties. The drumstick seeds contain Oleic Acid which is a Good Cholesterol that keeps the heart hale and hearty.
- People dealing with acne, acne scars, fine lines, can achieve fruitful results using oil extracted from the drumstick seeds, keeping the skin young and healthy.
- The drumstick seeds are an excellent source of Zinc (known to promote healthy sperm production) and Iron (an ideal option for people with low hemoglobin or anemia).
Benefits of drumstick tree roots
- The Moringa roots come as a blessing for people dealing with medical conditions such as thyroid disorders, digestive problems, asthma, Inflammatory disorders, skin problems, to name a few.
- Research suggests the use of drumstick tree roots can be highly beneficial in the case of ovarian cancer.
Benefits of Moringa/ Drumstick leaves
- If you want a healthy, glowing and youthful skin, the Moringa leaves are what the doctor has just advised. Packed with almost all the vital nutrients and vitamins (B, Beta-carotene, folic acid, C, K, and provitamin A), the Moringa leaves comes is an excellent blood purifier and keeps a host of skin problems including acne and pimples at bay.
- The Moringa leaves contain pyridoxine, folic acid, and riboflavin, and come across as a natural remedy for people with digestive problems.
Benefits of Moringa Flowers
- The Moringa Flowers act as aphrodisiacs, enhancing the sexual desire or libido in a person. Thus, the flower is beneficial for people dealing with low libido or sexual dysfunction.
- The Moringa leaves have diuretic properties and are the best options for people trying to lose weight. This property makes the Moringa leaves an excellent remedy to deal with edema.
Other common benefits
- Moringa is a rich source of the amino acid Tryptophan and provides excellent relief from stress, anxiety, depression and related problems and complications by enhancing the production of the hormone Serotonin.
- The antiurolithiatic property of Moringa roots goes a long way to prevent the formation of gallbladder stones or kidney stones.
- Drumsticks keep the eyes healthy reducing the incidences of retinal dysfunction and dilation of the retinal vessels significantly.
- Drumsticks are also known to give the immune system a much-needed boost, strengthening them to a great extent.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!