Doctors in MS Ramaiah Memorial Hospital
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Cold Cough
Submit a review for MS Ramaiah Memorial HospitalYour feedback matters!
A cough is probably one of the most common respiratory diseases that people suffer from. In most cases, it is nothing to worry about and can be cured with cough suppressants and salt water gargles. However, coughing of blood is a serious problem. The coughing up of blood that originates from below the level of the larynx is known as hemoptysis. This can vary in terms of severity depending on the amount of blood being expelled. This disease is a common condition, but on an average, less than 5% of hemoptysis cases are life threatening.
Hemoptysis rarely affects children. The symptoms of this condition include:
Sudden onset of a cough with bloody phlegm
Chest pain: Medical attention should be sought in cases where this condition recurs often, if it lasts for longer than a fortnight or if the volume of blood expectorated is more than 30ml per day. The various tools that help in the diagnosis of this condition are:
Chest radiography: This imaging modality helps lateralize bleeding and understand the amount of lung involvement. It is quick, inexpensive and can also help detect other underlying abnormalities.
Bronchoscopy: This involves the insertions of a rigid or flexible endoscope into the bronchial passages to check the airways and determine active bleeding sites.
Oral antibiotics are usually the first stage of treatment for this condition. Smokers will also be urged to quit cigarettes as this can worsen their condition. Treatment for minor hemoptysis may also include:
- Oral hemostatics
- Cough suppressants
- Radiation of laser treatment
- Therapeutic bronchoscopy
In its later stages, hemoptysis can be treated with a minimally invasive procedure known as endovascular embolization or with surgery. In some cases, endovascular embolization may also be sued to stabilise the patient before surgery. This procedure reduces the pressure in the hypertrophic arterial blood vessels and decreases the risk of perioperative bleeding.
Hemoptysis is also one of the most common complaints of lung cancer patients. Depending on the stage of cancer and the amount of blood expectorated, treatment in some cases may not be possible. In such cases, a parenteral opioid and fast-acting benzodiazepine may be administered.
Our skin requires proper care from time to time, and therefore it is essential to implement the right steps at the right time. Peels are useful assets for polishing and bringing life to our skin. In today’s age, it becomes difficult to maintain the tone and texture of the skin. So, peels help in making this successful in the best ways.
Here are some of the notable and effective advantages of peel treatment.
- Cleansing your skin: Are you tired of dull skin? Then it’s time to opt for a peel treatment. There are different types of peel treatment which lead to excellent results for the skin tone and texture. It helps in cleansing the skin especially the facial skin. It works deep through the facial skin successfully thus leading to much improved and clean skin.
- Works well for acne: Acne is one of the most commonly occurring skin problems in the recent times. It leads to a severe change in the looks of the facial skin. Acne results in deposition of the dirt in the clogged pores when not treated for an extended period. Various peel treatments help in bringing out the dirt from the pores, thus clearing the areas affected by acne.
- Radiant skin: Peel treatments are useful in creating radiant skin just after the procedure. If you are struggling with bringing that glow to your facial skin, then peel treatments work best for almost every type of skin. After the peel treatment, you will be able to see the change in your skin with grace and appreciate the results immediately.
- Revive your skin: Daily exposure to sun damages the sensitive skin after a certain period. This leads to the necessity to bring back that tone and texture of your skin. Peel treatments are effective in reviving the quality of the skin. So, if you are planning to opt for some new type of skin treatment in the sooner time then make sure that you try peel treatments for reviving back your precious facial skin.
- Can cure appearance of fine lines and wrinkles: With age, all of us tend to get wrinkles, and these are most prominent on the facial part of the skin. In order to prevent any adverse effects of aging on the looks of the individual, wrinkles can be cured with the help of peel treatment. So, opt for the best peel treatments to get rid of the wrinkled skin.
Thus, if you are looking for some of the fine solutions for improvement of the facial skin then make sure that you choose for the peel treatments. These are some of the advantageous features of the peel treatments which fetch the desired results for the skin.
What is PRP?
Platelet rich plasma. Plasma is a component of blood that contains special “factors,” or proteins, that help blood to clot. It also contains proteins that support cell growth. Researchers have produced PRP by isolating plasma from blood and concentrating it.
How does prp work?
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) works by promoting wound healing, it activates platelet granules which then releases numerous growth factors. It is proposed that growth factors released from platelets when injected into scalp may act on stem cells in the bulge area of the hair follicles, stimulating the development of new follicles.
Who is it beneficial for?
For those with thinning of hair, wide hair partition line especially in women, visible scalp in both men and women and for more volume and strengthening of the hair follicles in general. Apart from its uses in hair it is also used for facial rejuvenation and it gives excellent result. It is well known in the commercial market as vampire face lift and is a big hit among celebrities.
- It is a progressive healing treatment that doesn't require surgery.
- Simple, rapid and highly effective system.
- Autologous (from patient's own blood).
- The system is biocompatible and xeno-free, so there shouldn't be any safety concerns.
- Increase in the concentration of platelets can be observed.
- It helps in the elimination of undesired erythrocytes, which significantly decrease the fibroblast proliferation.
- Contains growth factors that help in the stimulation of growth of the hair follicles.
- Can be performed preoperatively, intraoperatively, or post operatively.
The Science of PRP
There are special cells called platelets used in PRP, that have been theoretically proved to stimulate hair follicles growth by stimulating stem cells and other important cells in the ecosystem of the follicles. They are instrumental in promoting the healing ability and regeneration of cells, formation of new cells and response to injury. PRP stimulates inactive or newly implanted hair follicles, and makes them active by inducing them into a growth phase.
Platelets are known to contain various structures, which are crucial for blood clotting and cell regeneration, and are released during the repair process by the body. Some of these structures are: glycogen, alpha granules and lysosomes.
Who should not go for PRP Treatment?
Those with heavy drug and smoking issue should avoid PRP. Also those who drink a lot of alcohol should avoid PRP. Those suffering from platelets related ailments, sepsis, chronic liver disease, thrombocytopenia, hyperfibrinogenemia, systemic disorders and cancer should also stay away from PRP.
At length, PRP is a boon for all those who aren't fans of surgery or the ones who prefer a more aggressive but non-surgical approach for treatment to their ailments. The results might vary from patient to patient, but it is certainly one of the most promising technologies to stimulate hair growth and rejuvenate your skin, and the results are quite convincing. So decide wisely!
Yoga is a great way to get rid of diseases and health conditions from heart problems to back pain, sciatica and depression. There exists a body of research suggesting that yoga is the best healing therapy for improving spine alignment and joint health. But on the flip side, research also suggests that yoga can’t cure cancers though it can help one deal with chemotherapy.
But you can certainly try yoga for these diseases and conditions
- Digestive disorders: There are a number of asanas and pranayamas like the child pose or bala asana and kapalbhati pranayama, which can alleviate indigestion, gas and flatulence. These also help in bowel movement. The Boat pose which is done by stretching your legs and arms straight out parallel in front of you and then raising legs so toes are above eye level is very good for stomach disorders and so is the downward dog pose.
- Back pain: More than 50 percent adults will face back pain due to a number of reasons in their lifetime. Simple stretching or yoga stretches can both help in the prevention of back pain. Tadasana is very good for aligning the vertebral column and getting rid of back pain. Surya namaskar stretches are very helpful too. You can also try Jatara Parivartanasana, Upavista Konasana or forward bends, Paschimottanasana or seated forward bend and Bhujangasana or cobra pose for back pain.
- Heart disease: Bhujangasana or cobra pose stretches the chest, massaging organs inside, including heart, and allowing more blood flow to it, thus stimulating and strengthening heart muscle. Kapalbhati pranayama is also very good for the heart since it increases the absorption of oxygen in the blood. Yoga is proven to be an excellent heart risk improvement practice according to current research too.
- Depression: Anulom vilom pranayama is extremely effective in tackling anxiety and depression. It slows down breathing and is effective against hypertension too when done regularly over a long time. The deep breathing done while doing this pranayama helps slow heart rate and allows the lungs to absorb more oxygen.
- Diabetes: Surya namaskar or the twelve sun salutation poses help control diabetes as it promotes the production of insulin. The corpse pose is good too.
- Headaches: Migraines and headaches are common problems that can be handled using yoga. Poses like Sirsasana that increase the flow of oxygen to the brain can alleviate migraines easily.
- Thyroid disorders: Yoga asanas like shoulder stand, inverted pose, plough pose and the fish pose all help in making the thyroid gland work optimally again. The cobra pose and Ujjayi pranayama also work wonders by re-balancing metabolism and working on the throat reflex pathways to cure thyroid imbalance.
When a blow or a fall causes an injury, where the top of your arm bone pops out from your shoulder socket, it’s called shoulder dislocation. It is a very painful condition and you need to get this relocated to its position immediately. The tissues and bone related to that particular joint get damaged.
If you ignore this situation or keep the shoulder like this, it will be more harmful and painful for you. There may appear a bump in front or at the back of your shoulder that hurts.
What can lead to a dislocated shoulder injury?
- Sharp or a very fast twist of your arm.
- Falling down on a hard surface.
- A sudden hurt or hit.
- It may also happen when you fall down and try to save yourself using your hand. The force of the hit indirectly gets into the shoulder and your shoulder joint may slip from its place.
In some of the outdoor games, there are high chances to get hurt in the shoulder. Hockey, football, rugby, rock climbing, volleyball etc. bring in high probabilities of injuring the shoulder, thereby resulting in a shoulder dislocation.
What is the treatment or therapy of a dislocated shoulder?
The dislocated shoulder should be very urgently treated. As this injury of the shoulder is very painful, you should go to a specialized orthopaedist as fast as possible to fix up the shoulder to its proper joint. As it is very painful and swollen, the faster the treatment, the better it is. When your doctor fixes your shoulder in its actual place or the bone of your arm comes back to the socket, most of your pain will go away and you get huge relief from pain. After the shoulder bone is relocated, you can use further conservative treatment to reduce the pain and swelling of that place. Dislocated shoulder may take 3 to 12 weeks to recover. But this is the approximate time and it depends on the seriousness of the injury.
After the treatment, when all the symptoms are gone, the doctor will suggest some exercises for better results and normal shoulder movement and to prevent future shoulder injury. Ones the shoulder is dislocated, the chances of dislocation in future is further increased as the tissue supporting the head of humerus into its socket is torn. Such patients may land up with recurrent dislocation of shoulder wherein shoulder dislocates easily on specific movement and patients are afraid to do over-head activities. The problem is best diagnosed by MRI Scan.
The best treatment for this is Arthroscopic (Key-Hole Surgery) Bankart's Repair. Following operation shoulder is kept at rest for 2 weeks then Physiotherapy is started. Day to day activities are started after 2 weeks and sports activity is started after 3 to 5 months.
Anger is a very negative emotion and can be the underlying cause of many relationships falling apart. There are people who cannot manage their anger completely and express it by yelling, throwing things, or even physically harming others. While anger is a natural emotion, it is important to control it else it can even harm one’s own health.
Research has proven that every emotion is associated with a chemical reaction in the brain. While happiness produces certain chemicals, anger produces another set, leading to a different impact on health. Therefore, it is essential to learn to control anger, so that the negative reactions can be controlled. The following are some simple but effective ways to manage your temper:
- Take a pause: It is a known fact that what is said in the heat of the moment can be very damaging. The person’s response may be completely different if they speak after a while. Some people even would ask if it was indeed them who spoke or did that. Therefore, learn to count to ten or take deep breaths when you know you are angry. This can help you gather your thoughts and respond more aptly.
- Be assertive: Learn to respond without sounding argumentative, at the same time being assertive. Do not try to control others when trying to make your point.
- Regular timeout: For some people, there are periods of the day which prove to be more stressful than the others. Even a simple walk for 10 to 15 minutes can improve your oxygen intake and aid in anger management.
- Nurture your sense of humor: While not all would have it, it is definitely possible to look at the funny side of things. This definitely helps in not just easing the stress and reducing tension for all, but also reduces the anger you feel towards a particular situation or person.
- Relaxation techniques: Be it meditation or yoga, these help you relax by focusing on the breathing. Even exercise, writing poems or stories, singing songs, or listening to music can help in reducing stress and controlling anger.
- Professional help: While it may sound a bit too far-fetched, it is not. If the above self-help measures do not help in managing your anger, and you realize it is taking a toll on your health and/or relationships, seek professional help. With changing life situations, anger management has become a separate area in itself, and with some help, you could greatly change your quality of life.
- Rewards: Reward yourself each time you control your anger and respond in a calmer manner. Over a period of time, this induced habit will become your normal response.
An in vitro fertilisation procedure carried out to counter the problem of male infertility is Intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Male infertility factors include poor quality of sperm, low sperm counts, poor sperm movement or the disability to penetrate an egg. Azoospermia is one such rare condition wherein there is no sperm in the semen. Through this injection, a single sperm can be injected into the egg directly. The fertilised egg is placed into the woman’s uterus or the fallopian tubes. The first successful birth using this procedure was on January 1992 after the conception took place in April 1991.
Sperm can be collected from the male through masturbation. If this procedure somehow fails then sperm can be removed through a surgery. Using a small incision, sperm can be withdrawn from the testicle and is used in the procedure. If the ejaculation of sperm is prevented due to a blockage or if the problem arises in the development of the sperm, surgery method is used.
Injecting the sperm
This is performed through the following steps. A specialised pipette or a glass tube is used to hold the egg, a single sperm is picked with the help of a sharp and delicate needle, the needle is then inserted carefully into the cytoplasm of the egg through the egg shell, then the sperm gets injected into the cytoplasm and the eggs are checked to see whether they have been adequately fertilized.
After this process is done, eggs which are fertilised successfully are selected and placed into the uterus with the help of a catheter. The number of embryos an individual needs to transfer is determined depending on the age of the person and other health issues. For this purpose, a thorough full body check-up is carried out and the medical history is checked during the preliminary consultations.
Expectations from the treatment
The treatment of fertilisation using an Intracytoplasmic sperm injection can be demanding, both physically and mentally for the woman (mother). An individual has to go through regular shots and monitoring including blood tests. There are moments when the shots can be painful for the woman undergoing the procedure.
The reason behind the procedure
When a male is having severe infertility issues, the method of ICSI is helpful. There are times when very little sperm or no sperm ejaculation, the eggs can be fertilised through this procedure. Testing of an embryo for genetic problems is also accomplished through this procedure. When in vitro fertilisation or IVF does not work even after trying repeatedly, then couples can undergo the treatment using ICSI.
When ICSI is used along with better quality eggs, it is seen to be successful on many occasions. Especially for men who have sperm ejaculation issues.
With the advancement in technology and science, infertility is not the end of the possibility of having a baby. The introduction of IVF specialty has helped millions of infertile women have a child of their own and lead a happier life. Over the last three decades, In Vitro Fertilization has been used as an alternative method for getting pregnant. However, you need to be aware of certain things before choosing the procedure of IVF.
The Procedure of IVF
In order to start with IVF, you have to start with a regimen of fertility medications. By using the fertility pills your ovaries will get stimulated and you will thereby start producing a number of eggs, at a time. Increase in the number of eggs also increases your possibility of getting pregnant via IVF. Your hormone levels and your ovaries are monitored once you start with your medication as the doctors need to make sure that the eggs are maturing in the ovarian follicles. These embryos are then allowed to incubate for a number of days. The healthiest embryos are then transferred to the body, after carefully monitoring them, in order to help you get pregnant. While some doctors prefer to transfer multiple embryos, others choose to transfer just one in order to avoid the chances of multiple pregnancies.
Who Should Choose the Procedure of IVF?
If you have had problems getting pregnant naturally then IVF can be the best alternative. Women who have any kind of tubal issues mostly opt for this procedure as with the help of IVF the process of using the fallopian tubes is completely ignored. IVF helps women who have blockage in the fallopian tubes or have no fallopian tubes at all.
Women who cannot produce healthy eggs can also choose IVF and use a donor’s eggs. IVF can also be used by women whose partners have male infertility problems. Other suitable individuals for IVF are women who have PCOS or endometriosis. Many women who have abnormal ovulation cycles also take the help of IVF which has been helpful in getting them pregnant.
Who Should Not Choose IVF
IVF should absolutely be your last resort which should only be chosen after trying to conceive naturally for at least two years. It is advised for you not take hasty decisions and at least try naturally for a sufficient period of time before choosing this route.
The procedure is not suitable for women who do not want to take a donor’s egg and cannot produce healthy eggs of their own at the same time. IVF is the best for those women who plan to start having kids early in life. Women above 35 may have a lesser chance of getting pregnant with IVF as well.
Vaginal bleeding is something that most women experience between their periods when they are not due for a menstrual cycle. It is considered as an abnormal occurrence when you bleed before you are expecting your menstrual period, or after you are done with your monthly cycle. It is usually characterised by bouts of spotting where a thick brown reddish discharge may be experienced. Also, this kind of bleeding is considered abnormal if it occurs during pregnancy or menopause.
Here are a few causes of abnormal vaginal bleeding:
- Hormones: An imbalance in the hormones like the estrogen and progesterone can lead to abnormal vaginal bleeding. These are the hormones that help in regulation of the monthly menstrual cycles. An imbalance can occur due to side effects caused by birth control pills that may not suit the individual, a contraceptive patch, or even contraceptive implants and injections. Further, an intrauterine device may also be the cause for this kind of bleeding. The hormonal balance can also get affected due to internal ailments like a dysfunctional thyroid gland and ovaries.
- Pregnancy and Delivery: Some amount of spotting is considered normal in the first trimester of one's pregnancy. Yet, severe bleeding and persistent spotting must be reported to the gynaecologist immediately. Women also bleed for a while after the delivery of the baby, in the post-partum period. This may also happen when an abortion takes place as the uterus may not have come back to its original size and due to remaining foetal tissues within. Complications during the pregnancy like an ectopic pregnancy or a miscarriage can also lead to such kind of bleeding. An ectopic pregnancy is one where the egg gets implanted in the fallopian tube instead of entering and implanting itself in the uterus.
- Fibroids: Uterine fibroids are usually considered as non-malignant and non-cancerous growths within the uterus. These are common in many women who have gone through child birth. These fibroids can also cause some amount of bleeding and spotting.
- Infections: When there is an infection in the reproductive organs like the ovaries and uterus of the patient, there may be some amount of bleeding. An infection in this area can also cause inflammation, which is one of the primary causes of abnormal bleeding. This can also occur due to a sexually transmitted disease or STD, as well as painful intercourse and sexual abuse which can lead to scarring as well.
- Cancer: One of the least common causes includes cervical, ovarian and other forms of cancer.
Stress and diabetes can also cause abnormal vaginal bleeding in rare cases. It is best to see a doctor as soon as such bleeding takes place.
Are you living with a person suffering from depression, and are facing a tough time in adjusting with him or her? Depression is quite a frustrating condition to deal with. A depressed person may be looking for ways to get help, but cannot find the right approach. If you have a person suffering from depression in your home, you can be of great help by recognizing the symptoms and signs of depression in that person. Here are some effective ways of dealing with a depressed patient, which you should follow:
- Recognize the symptoms, how they appear, and what triggers them.
- Try to convince the person to seek professional treatment. In case of a depressed teen or child, help him to get proper treatment.
- Encourage the depressed person that he or she deserves better, and how treatment will help them feel much better.
- Recommend resources and ways for helping the patient.
- If the patient stops functioning properly, attend to him, and accompany him for treatment till his condition improves.
- If the patient is too unwell or very young to provide proper information to a therapist, act as a link or a mediator between the two.
- Arrange for hospitalization if the depressed person becomes suicidal, or experiences delusions and hallucinations.
- If the person stays functional, but refuses to seek treatment, take the assistance of others such as friends, relatives, doctors, and clergy. Find a way to convince the patient for undergoing the right treatment.
- Do not give up very soon and encourage the patient, as he or she may need your support and comfort, even after treatment is undertaken.
- Take some further action, in case all your efforts of encouraging and uplifting a depressed person fails over a period of time.
- If you are dealing with a depressed spouse, explore separation when the spouse denies treatment and continues living miserably.
- In case you are the parent of a depressed person, consult a mental health specialist and clarify the amount of assistance the patient requires.
Although it is not very easy to deal, cope, and live with a person suffering from depression, it is very important for you to reach out and help the person as much as possible, and make him or her feel better. Patience is key for you to positively manage the situation and the person. There are various modes of treating a depressed person, which you must avail.