Doctors in MediHope Super Speciality Hospital
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Submit a review for MediHope Super Speciality HospitalYour feedback matters!
Sensitive skin can make life miserable. Factors such as environmental and climatic changes, certain beauty products and medications can affect individuals with sensitive skin. There may be skin inflammation, irritation, rashes, redness, dryness and flakiness. The extent of the sensitive reaction can vary from one individual to another. In many cases, it has been observed that sensitive skin appears to be thinner than the normal skin.
Thus, people with such delicate skin type need to be extra careful. Do not try self medication. It will make things worse. Always seek an expert advice. A dermatologist knows what is best for your skin.
People with sensitive skin need to follow some basic skin care regimes:
1. It is very important to keep a sensitive skin hydrated and moisturised all the time. A dehydrated skin not only appears tighter, but also results in extreme skin dryness and irritation. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water daily. It is very important to flush out the toxins and maintain the alkaline skin pH. Avoid taking very hot water or ice baths. The extreme temperatures will do your skin more harm than good. A warm water bath is an excellent option. Apply generous amounts of moisturiser, whenever your skin feels dry and itchy.
2. It is best to avoid products that are harsh on your skin. Consult a dermatologist before using products containing alpha hydroxyl acids. These are strong acids and their application can lead to skin irritation and rashes. It is a healthy practice to keep your skin clean. However, not all soaps are suitable for sensitive skin. Soaps (strong alkali) are a big no. It is best to use a medicated soap, specially formulated for sensitive skin. To cleanse your face, use a mild (soap free) face wash or a cleanser.
3. For people with sensitive skin, it is best not to experiment with the skin care products. Play it safe, stick to the brands you have been using for long. Certain beauty products are strongly fragranced. These can trigger severe skin and allergic reactions. Lanolin, artificial mineral oil and alcohol containing products are no better. It is best to use natural and herbal skin care products.
4. Do not use cosmetics and beauty products beyond a certain period of time. Face powders, silicone based foundations, sunscreen (titanium oxide or zinc oxide based) are best for sensitive skin. These products are known to be less harsh and thus have little or no side effects.
5. Before using any products, know the ingredients and chemicals that goes into its manufacture.
Parents are responsible not only for the birth of the child but also for their well-being. For children, their parents are their first teachers, those who inculcate in them the right manners, attitudes and habits. Consequently, you too must be careful in deciding what habits and manners you pass down to your children.
1. Eating healthy food
Children always have the propensity to consume junk and avoid healthy food. As a parent,you must explain and elucidate the importance and nutritional value of eating healthy food. At the same time, the harm caused by the junk food must also be brought to their notice. You should introduce multiple fruits and green vegetables in the diet. Eating healthy food is a habit that reaps great benefits in the long run Avoid eating junk in front of your child.
2. Table manners
Children eating on their own generally creates a mess. Therefore, you must teach your child the right table manners. When to use spoon or fork and what should be the etiquettes that must be observed while eating with a large group of people must be known by a child. You should begin to treat your child as a grown up as he or she sits at the table. Eat with your child, avoid using mobile phones or watching television at dinner time.
3. Regular brushing of the teeth
The importance of teeth is most acutely felt with advanced age. Therefore, it is imperative that you teach your children to take good care of their teeth. You must educate your child about the necessity of good dental hygiene and see to it that they brush daily twice a day. Brushing in the morning as well as before going to sleep is equally important and the child must be aware of it.
4. Early to bed
It is necessary for children to get adequate sleep. Therefore, you must make it a habit from the very start to put them to sleep early and see to it that that they get sufficient rest.
5. Play outdoors
You must make it a habit for your children to play more often outside. Staying at home without any activity has serious repercussions like obesity and lethargy. Therefore, it is extremely important that children involve in sufficient physical activity of about 45-60 minutes everyday.
Ever faced a nagging low backache that just won't quit? You could be dealing with sciatica. Sciatica or sciatic nerve pain is not a diagnosis in itself but is a symptom of a deeper problem. Conditions that trigger sciatica include degenerative discs, spinal stenosis, a herniated disc in the lumbar region or spondylolisthesis. Whether your sciatica pain is persistent or sporadic, it can make routine tasks difficult to perform. The good news is that there are a number of remedies to ease this pain and improve the health of your spine.
- Hot and cold therapy: Sciatic pain that extends down to the thighs can be relieved by alternating between a heat pack and an ice pack. Each pack can be applied for about 20 minutes at a stretch every two hours. However, this does not treat the sciatic nerve itself.
- Pain medications and steroid injections: Over the counter pain medication like ibuprofen or muscle relaxants can help alleviate pain and reduce inflammation. In chronic cases, epidural steroid injections may also be prescribed to address the inflammation and pain. Pain relief provided by medication and steroid injections can last for a few days or a few months depending on the person.
- Yoga: Sciatica patients looking for long term relief often turn towards alternative forms of treatment like yoga. Yoga helps strengthen muscles, increases flexibility and improves posture. This is more beneficial towards preventing sciatica problems from arising than treating ongoing sciatic pain. When practising yoga with a sciatica problem, it is very important to understand your body's limitations and not overextend your back muscles.
- Massage: A massage that treats sciatic pain is very different from the usual massage you may get at a spa. A massage to relieve sciatic pain involves putting pressure on the inflamed part of the back and the piriformis muscle. This is the muscle that sits over the sciatic nerve and triggers sciatic pain. In most cases, 3 to 4 massage sessions at intervals of 7 to 10 days can have effective results on sciatic pain.
- Physical therapy: Sciatica patients often find the slightest movement extremely painful. While lying in a bad is tempting, it can actually worsen the pain. Exercise increases blood flow to the spine and helps flush out toxins. Going for a walk, light aerobics or swimming are ideal ways for a sciatica patient to exercise.
- Chiropractic manipulation: This involves realigning the spinal column and is an effective way of treating underlying conditions that trigger sciatic pain. These spinal adjustments should only be performed by licensed chiropractors or osteopathic physicians.
For human beings, the body is considered the temple, one that they strive to keep fit and in shape. In fact, the plethora of ailments which people complain of suffering from, almost always deal with their physical health. In this over engagement to restore the physical health, the well being of the mental health is never considered.
However truth remains that the health of the mind is equally if not more important and must be given its share of priority. With the growing age and times, depression has emerged as a gnawing problem, one that is plaguing individuals indiscriminately and one that must be eradicated as soon as possible.
Everyday a bit of exercise not only keeps the body fit and healthy but also goes a long way in easing and calming the mind. You need not indulge in strenuous exercises but must make it a conscientious habit to work out a bit daily.
2. Talk to people
Though depression makes one inexorably quiet and silent, the first thing that is prescribed as a remedial measure is talk to people. Engaging in conversations with people, telling them what exactly is troubling you are proven ways to combat depression.
There is no better way to treat mental ailment than meditating. When you suffer from depression, your body undergoes severe conflict. Meditating not only calms the mind but also soothes away the worries.
4. Develop a support system
Depression is almost always followed by an unfathomable sense of loneliness. Talking to others does help, but at the same time try to develop a support system. Find an individual, be it parents, relatives or friends and confide in him or her. Not sharing what you are going through is never a solution and only exacerbates the fatality of the situation.
5. Change the daily routine
Monotony is never exciting and it is only before time before the humdrum of life gets to you. Changing the daily routine and incorporating something new and exciting go a long way in recuperating you from the mental dullness and fatigue.
In case, the above mentioned tips do not help you, you should immediately visit a therapist to get rid of the problem.
Psychiatric disorders like bipolar disorder or schizophrenia do not appear all of a sudden. There are small changes that happen to an individual over a long period of time until the disease fully develops. These signs and symptoms might be too subtle in the early stage for other people to notice until they become obvious. But early detection of any irregularity proves to be more beneficial for the patient in the long run.
It is important to know the telltale symptoms of mental disorder to distinguish between what is regular and what is not.
Everyone needs some quiet time to cool off and relax but if a person continuously withdraws him/herself from social occasions and avoids meeting or speaking to friends, it could be a sign that something is wrong. Losing interest in life, work and people are symptoms of depression and psychotic disorder.
- Thinking problems
Having trouble concentrating, remembering, understanding and explaining oneself in a coherent manner are some common signs of mental disorder.
Excessive stress and anxious behavior for a prolonged period are not normal. Frequent heart palpitations, headache, shortness of breath, racing mind and restlessness are cries of help that need to be heard.
- Emotional outbursts
Sudden dramatic outbursts for no apparent reason, frequent mood swings and feeling distressed are potent signs of mental illnesses. These kinds of behavior are seen as part of a person's nature and so they are often unnoticed.
- Changes in appetite and sleeping patterns
Oversleeping may be a sign of depression and insomnia could be a sign of anxiety. Changes in appetite and not caring about oneself or the world are indicators of a mental problem.
Ayurveda is an ancient healing technique that is very effective for today's lifestyle ailments. For many people a low back ache can be quite a pain. While strong pills and capsules may give you temporary relief they do not address the core issue and have a number of side effects. Ayurveda on the other hand, addresses the trigger to the back ache and has no side effects. Intrigued; take a look at these ayurvedic techniques to cure low back pain.
Cut out on spices
We may think it unrelated, but low back pain is often accompanied by indigestion. Spinal cord nerves connect to back muscles and digestive organs. Hence, a small change in your diet can have a great impact on your health. Spicy food aggravates the digestive system and has a drying effect on the body. By cutting back on spices and oil, the digestive system can work better and there will be less stress on the nerves connecting the spinal cord and back muscles and thus lesser back aches.
Warm your body
According to ayurveda, back pains are caused by an increase in vata dosha or the amount of air and ether elements in the body. Warming the body can help lower these levels. Apply a heat pack to the back as a way of keeping the external body surface warm. Additionally, add warm food to your diet. This opens out any blockages in your digestive system and in turn reduces low back pain.
Ayurveda is very closely linked to yoga. Padahastasana is a yoga asana which addresses lower back pain by opening up the digestive channels and allowing the vata dosha to flow easily through the body. To practice this asana stand with your legs together and lift your arms straight above your head while inhaling. As you exhale, bend forward from the hips while keeping your back and legs straight. Try and touch your toes. Hold the position for as long as possible and come back to the starting position while inhaling.
Anuloma Viloma is a breathing exercise that balances the vata dosha. This is a technique that involves breathing from alternate nostrils. To begin, close the right nostril with your thumb and inhale through the left nostril. Close both nostrils and hold your breath for a few seconds. Then, release through the left nostril. Repeat this process, starting from the left nostril.
Bishop's weed seed tea
Tea made from the seeds of Bishop's weed is can provide instant pain relief from low back pains. This is suitable for men and women of all ages except those with heart problems.
The core principle of ayurveda is to listen to your body's messages. These techniques will help you become more tuned to your body's needs and keep you free from back aches.
What is Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the gaps in the spine or the backbone is called as Spinal stenosis. This leads to pressure on the nerves and the spinal cord. 5% of cases of spinal stenosis are seen in the low back of the lumbar spine. In some cases the narrowing of the spine leads to the compressing of the nerve root, which leads to pain in the leg.
Causes of spinal stenosis: It can be caused by aging, arthritis, trauma to the spine, spondylolisthesis and tumor of the spine
Symptoms of spinal stenosis: There is constant pain in the back and legs as stenosis pinches the nerve responsible for sensation and muscle power. Other symptoms are numbness and tingling in the legs, frequent falling and pain while walking.
- A routine program with exercises and physical therapy are the best treatment for spinal stenosis. The exercises are not a complete cure but they are beneficial in keeping the patient active. A physical therapy can be supervised and once the period of the same is over people easily transition to the exercise program. The key for exercise is starting slowly in order to build strength.
- Generally, the patients are counseled not to perform strenuous activities as that might worsen the symptoms of spinal stenosis. In case of lumbar stenosis, patients find it comfortable when they are flexed forward. The doctor might recommend walking while being bent over and leaning when using a walker if not walking upright; sitting in recliners is also recommended instead of straight back chairs.
- Injections of cortisone are usually given in the epidural space. This is believed to relieve the symptoms of spinal stenosis temporarily. Though there have been studies which question the use of these injections as they lead to the risk of osteoporosis related fractures. This is still being pondered over by the doctors as a suitable treatment option as it has its own benefits and risks.
- Medications such as the antiinflammatory medicines like ibuprofen or aspirin are helpful in controlling the symptoms of spinal stenosis. Narcotic drugs might also prove to be helpful if used with care and for a short while. This is helpful for severe pain related to the nerves. Muscle relaxants like gabapentins might also be recommended. In some case anti depressants might also be given to provide relief from pain.
Though side effects are a concern when using these medications and the patient should let the doctor knows about their allergies.
Your bone is a living tissue that constantly undergoes the cycle of breakage and replacement. Osteoporosis is a condition wherein the rate at which new bones form cannot match up to the worn out bones, thus making the bones fragile and brittle. Osteoporosis mainly affects the wrist, hip or spine and can result in a stooped posture accompanied by height shrinkage and back pain caused due to a collapsed vertebra.
Reasons Behind Osteoporosis
Hormones: Lowered estrogen count in women and testosterone in men as a result of ageing or other treatments can result in this condition. Excess thyroid secretion in the body, an overactive adrenalin gland or parathyroid gland can also accelerate bone loss. Women are more vulnerable to osteoporosis during menopause.
Prolonged use of injected: Prolonged use of injected or oral corticosteroid medications such as cortisone or prednisone messes with the bone-building process. Medicines used to combat cancer, gastric reflux and seizures can be responsible as well.
Sedentary Lifestyle: A sedentary lifestyle with not much physical activity along with an excessive consumption of alcohol and tobacco makes you susceptible to osteoporosis.
Treatments for Osteoporosis:
- Medication: Commonly prescribed medicines for remedying fractures include bisphosphonates such as Zoledronic acid, Ibandronate, Risedronate and Alendronate.However these medicines are not free of side-effects such as abdominal pain, nausea or heart burn. In case, your regular medicine doesn’t work, you can use Denosumab and Teriparatide as alternatives but only after consulting your physician.
- Hormone Therapy: Estrogen therapy for women after menopause helps sustain bone density. However such procedures can escalate the dangers of getting afflicted with cancer, heart diseases or conditions such as blood clotting.
- Alternative Medicine: Ipriflavone, a laboratory manufactured product, when combined with calcium can curb chances of bone loss and alleviate pain.
Acne or pimples is most commonly seen in teenagers and young adults, just around the time the body is undergoing hormonal adjustments. Thus, acne is not simply just a skin problem, but often an indication of internal bodily disturbances. Of course, there are other combination of aggravating factors at play, like genetics, active sebaceous glands and bacterial organisms that reside within the sebaceous glands.
An otherwise easily treatable condition, acne can result in permanent scars if left untreated, often resulting in low self-esteem, social isolation, depression and even suicidal ideation.
The skin acts as a window to internal disorders and many individuals with acne are found to have internal hormonal problems like polycystic ovary syndromes or insulin resistance syndromes. Females can have associated excessive hair on the chin, hair loss on the scalp, weight gain, menstrual abnormality and infertility.
- Diet does not have a major role in causing acne but cutting down on foods with high sugar content and milk may be useful.
- Certain medications and creams containing steroids can precipitate an outbreak of acne.
- Heavy and greasy cosmetics will aggravate acne.
- Special soaps, face washes, lotions, and so-called unscientific blood purifiers are of little help.
- Acne scars are repaired with newer dermatological technologies and techniques.
Just like with any other medical condition, each individual is different and will require a unique investigation and treatment plan. This is based on many factors like other current medical conditions, climate, age, sex, skin type and variety of acne.
For human beings, the body is considered the temple, one that they strive to keep fit and in shape. In fact, the plethora of ailments, which people complain of suffering from, almost always deal with their physical health. In this over engagement to restore the physical health, the well being of the mental health is never considered.
However, truth remains that the health of the mind is equally if not more important and must be given its share of priority. With the growing age and times, depression has emerged as a gnawing problem, one that is plaguing individuals indiscriminately and one that must be eradicated as soon as possible.
Some of the ways to combat this fatal ailment are:
- Exercises: Everyday a bit of exercise not only keeps the body fit and healthy, but also goes a long way in easing and calming the mind. You need not indulge in strenuous exercises, but must make it a conscientious habit to work out a bit daily.
- Talk to people: Though depression makes one inexorably quiet and silent, the first thing that is prescribed as a remedial measure is talk to people. Engaging in conversations with people, telling them what exactly is troubling you are proven ways to combat depression.
- Meditate: There is no better way to treat mental ailment than meditating. When you suffer from depression, your body undergoes severe conflict. Meditating not only calms the mind, but also soothes away the worries.
- Develop a support system: Depression is almost always followed by an unfathomable sense of loneliness. Talking to others does help, but at the same time try to develop a support system. Find an individual, be it parents, relatives or friends and confide in him or her. Not sharing what you are going through is never a solution and only exacerbates the fatality of the situation.
- Change the daily routine: Monotony is never exciting and it is only time, before the humdrum of life gets to you. Changing the daily routine and incorporating something new and exciting go a long way in recuperating you from the mental dullness and fatigue.
If these ways do not show significant improvement, the sufferer should immediately see a doctor for proper medications and special counselling, which involves changing attitudes, feelings and behaviour.