Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Ms. Usha RaoYour feedback matters!
I feel very depressed sometimes, I feel myself as a dead walking man with nothing to do in my life. Everybody have so many wish on me that I have to fulfill. Sometimes my mind stops working totally, I feel I am for someone because someone love me as my mother or else who want to leave this life. Is there any way to control these feelings? Day by day its engulfing my mind totally. What to do?
Hi my wife she is 33 years old having anxiety and hypertension problem from last one and half year. Dr.Treatment is going on but still the problem is there Many time she feel more stress and got faint .I would like to ask you Kindly suggest some more treatment apart from the medicine so that she can recover soon.
Since last 6 months he is stressed due to many official project s. Now he feels he is suffering frm high blood pressure. please tell me wat are the symptoms of high bp. How can he control it? Is it curable?
18year old my penis size is 11cm only he is very tensioned about life after marriage. Is that enough size. He saying that can not have a baby.
Hi, I am a women of 29 years. I have not completed a year of my marriage. It is a love marriage after ten years of courtship. Though, my partner did not want to marry me as he got bored with me. He does not take care of me, but often he suddenly takes care. Though, it is very few. I want love and care from my husband. He never understands me and always stay busy in himself. Day by day I am getting depressed and sometime I think to suicide. But only for my parent I cannot take this step. If I am living then I want to be happy. I don't know what to do? Even sometime I hate myself and I do not see my face in mirror. I think I am headache for all. I want to live happy and make everyone happy including my husband. But I am unable. Day by day my confident is reaching the bottom. I am MA in English, but my husband always humiliates me and says that I am good for nothing. It hurts me very much, he never feels me and always treats me as a maid servant. Even he says that I am inferior to his pet dog. I cannot take this all this, but want to give chance to my marriage. I feel less energetic all the time and neglected too. Please say me what to do?
One of my friend having cough for a long time he is coughing very hardly and spitting also he is a chain smoker is it a general cough because of inhaling smoke or need any attention.
Hii I self om .basically am a student. I problems is that I forgot my last action. My memory is very week. When I remember somethings I not forgot but in daily life I always forgot my last action like where is my car key. I forgot last 2 minutes action. Where is phone. And many more problems I face.in general life .plz suggest me.
How Smoking Impacts Your Organs
As you inhale cigarette smoke, about 7000 carcinogens stir the crevices of your body. In India, about 3,00,000 people die every year due to smoking-related issues.
Here's a list of 5 such organs, which are the most affected by cigarette smoke.
1. Your lungs - Your lungs are probably the first organs to bear the wrath of cigarette smoke. Majority of the lung cancer cases are due to smoking. Other diseases include bronchitis and emphysema. This smoke paralyzes the cilia lining the inner walls so much so that it overproduces mucous. When the mucous builds, respiration suffers. Asthma and cancer follow.
2. Your Skin - Your skin also gets affected up to a huge extent if you smoke. You could have deep circles under your eyes, wrinkles on your skin, and stretch marks, if you continue smoking over time. Also, there lies the risk of major health issues like skin warts, psoriasis, skin cancer, and wounds, which may take longer to heal.
3. Your Penis - Studies revealed that you can take longer for an erection and find it difficult to maintain it if you are a heavy smoker. Studies have also revealed that men who quit smoking had longer and firmer erections.
4. Your Liver - Smoking increases the chances of you suffering from liver cancer dramatically. According to studies, half of the liver cancer cases are due to smoking. Obesity can also take place if you're a heavy smoker.
5. Your Eyes - Smoking affects your eyes to the extent of making you blind. Partial vision loss, glaucoma, cataracts, dry eye syndrome, and diabetic retinopathy are some of the other diseases you are susceptible to if you smoke.
Despite the negative effects, quitting smoking can save you from all of these potential health hazards.
Here are some ways to help you quit smoking.
1. Nicotine Replacement Therapy - There are a few nicotine replacement tools in the form of nicotine nasal sprays and nicotine inhaler, which you can use to quit smoking.
2. Chew on something - You should try to chew on some candy, or a gum, or anything crunchy and satisfying once you start getting restless for a cigarette or any other form of nicotine. That usually helps.
3. Relaxation techniques - If you are resisting tobacco strongly, it can be very stressful indeed. Take a break from whatever you are doing and go out for a walk, practice muscle relaxation, yoga or deep breathing to keep the craving out of the way.
4. Get involved in some physical work - Getting involved in some work will surely go a long way in reducing your craving. You can also try out physical exercises like squats, running, or jogging. Otherwise, you can also indulge in some needlework, or anything, which involves concentration or physical work.
Related Tip: 7 Dangerous Changes that Smoking Causes to Your SKIN
I am not able to control my mind, always I think lots of various types of conclusion in one situation. What to do?
I cont stop smoking. Can you help me to stop smoking. Also tell me how to increase my blood level in my body.
Hello, I often get unclear head as if I keep doubting about my abilities. I take medication for my heart and BP. A kind of anxiety/ fear has taken over my mind. Is there a cure.
From past few months I'm unable to remember whatever I try to memorize in studies like formulae, definition or some other so is it natural or any problem please let me know.
I am 28 years old. I am not able to concentrated in my job and I am feeling fear and pressure. Brain observation is very slow. So I have fear about because if any problems in neural or in brains. I am not living a normal life. In small works like brushing and bathing it will take half an hour each. This is from last 5 years. I believe this impact came from bad habit like in younger days I have done so many times masturbate. So could you please advise the solution if I need to check with any credit scan or which type doctor.
I am planning to start my weight loss routine every day but I don't know it is not happening. How to motivate myself and make my mind to start my routine. I am getting frustrated now because my health and my routine and nature. please help me out. Plz.
A lot of people believe in hitting the gym during the day and then a bar at night. One feels there's no harm in drinking a little amount of alcohol now and then. Don't drink and drive isn't only for behind the wheels, it's also on the field (and the gym).
First, let's give you a list of how alcohol can affect your body, and then we can get down to details! keep in mind these effects are within 48 hours of alcohol consumption, that too just after 2-3 standard drinks.
Impair hand-eye coordination
Increase fatigue (by impacting liver function)
Mineral and vitamin depletion
Impact cellular repair (since protein is affected negatively)
Dehydration thus affecting the kidneys
Loss of endurance
Unwanted weight gain
Do you really need me to go on alcohol isn't something that recommended for most people; for athlete's it just makes matters worse. While you're training or competing, it's best to stay away from alcohol! though, the best solution is to give it up completely to live a healthy lifestyle. Now let's get down to some technical details of how it impacts your organs (just so you don't think I'm talking in air.)
So first things first. Alcohol cannot be stored as energy. This means all the alcohol in your body is converted into fat hence the term beer belly.
Alcohol's effect on the liver can cause a problem in the production of oxygen which then interferes with the production of atp ie a direct source of energy for the muscles.
Sadly drinking alcohol before your workout hinders the circulation of glucose which is essential for energy. It has also been scientifically proven that alcohol diminishes protein synthesis which in turn stops muscle growth by preventing the repair of damaged muscles.
Another thing alcohol does is increase the urge to urinate which leads to loss of electrolytes. No no, I'm not done yet. I've got so much more fun facts related to alcohol.
Since alcohol is a toxin it disrupts the normal cell function.
Alcohol also inhibits the absorption of essential minerals like zinc, folic acid, vitamin b12 etc which are needed for metabolism and new cell growth (muscle cell included).
The consumption of alcohol provides only empty calories which in turn displace valuable nutrients. That's just a loss of essentials and an increase of fat!
Do note, heavy drinking for a night can negatively affect the brain and bodily activities for 3 whole days whereas 2 nights of consecutive heavy drinking leave an impact for 5 days! evidently dehydration, fatigue, and headaches commonly known as hangovers really don't mix well with the physical demands of our body.
Alcohol disrupts your sleep cycle which in turn leads a reduction in the ability to learn and retain new information. This could range from new skills to studying games or even applying strategies in a game.
Excessive alcohol can prevent the secretion of human growth hormone which is essential for muscle growth as well as recovery. For an athlete, that's bad. Bad
It's always better to prioritize a good day's workout over a night of heavy drinking. At least the workout leaves you worn out and exhausted craving for more! alcohol just leaves you with a bad hangover which leads to false swears of never drinking again.
Eat clean, drink healthy and stay fit!
In case of any query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 08067417780 (dial extension:778)