Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Surina LallYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am feeling depressed. I'm a student. I'm not able give time for me and people and my studies. Even though I study I don't remember. Give me solution to manage time and studies and people.
Food’s relation with depression is a complicated one. A person can suddenly lose appetite or become extremely voracious. There are instances when you feel hungry, but do not eat due to the lethargy of cooking. Either way, it is a difficult task to eat healthy during a depression. Here is a list of tips that will help you to refrain from eating and drinking unhealthy and unhygienic food items such as alcohol, junk foods, chocolate, caffeine and ice-cream.
Prepare frozen meals well in advance:
During depression, not many people feel the urge to cook a meal. The alternative, in this case, is to prepare as many meals as you can and freeze them for future consumption. Food items such as black beans, pasta and chicken can be cooked and stored in the refrigerator for quite a few days. Store the cooked food in as many jars as you have. This cooked items will act as a life saviour when you feel hungry, but do not feel like cooking.
Use fewer dishes:
Minimising the number of dishes will save your life. A lot of people lose the urge of cooking or eating healthy when they see a pile of undone dishes in the wash basin. Use a minimum amount of dishes that is required for daily use and immediately wash them when you are done eating. This way you will fell motivated to cook and eat healthily.
Do not go for complicated meals:
They are a lot of easy to cook healthy meal options out there. Do not go for a dish that is difficult to prepare. If you mess up, chances are that you will neither enjoy eating the dish nor it cook in the future as well. The best thing to do is to prepare simple and easy to prepare healthy meals. Refer to a recipe book if you need help.
Listen to music while preparing food:
Cooking can be boring if you do not enjoy it. A good alternative is to listen to music while cooking. This will keep boredoms at bay and meals will be prepared in a whisker. Not to mention music will also keep your motivation level high. If work and play are not your things, you can watch the cooking shows to get your motivation level up.
Eating out is not a crime. If you feel the urge to eat out, go by all means. You need not eat junk food when you are out. Instead of going to a fast food joint, go to a good restaurant that serves healthy yet tasty food. It is a great way of improving your mood and eating healthy at the same time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have relationship problems. Actually my boyfriend want to separate from me. But due attachment and love I can't do this. I tried all the things to sort out this. But it doesn't work. From the very beginning my boyfriend loved me a lot till 1 year. But today he consider me a tension only. Due to this he insults me a lot. I had talked to him regarding this problem he said that I didn't know before that you are this type of girl. I said why you always insults me then he replies" you also did the same to me" If I question him again and again he start says that you always fights I don't want to talk to you. Then my self respect also get hurts. I miss my boyfriend's care and love which he had given me before. What should I do?
My voice is rough and unpleasant and too slow. Even I feel so bad when I try to speak something what can I do for a sweet voice.
I am 28 years old. For last 4-5 years or for a longer period I have sleeping disturbances. I usually sleep for 6-7 hours. I saw too many dreams and never feel relaxed after a sound sleep. In addition to this, too many thoughts come to my mind. Neither they are organized nor useful for me. Because of this problem, I can't focus in my work properly, forget things very easily. Sometimes I used to take painkillers at night due to migraine problem, that night I sleep very well and throughout the day I stay focused, stay sharp all the day. For that particular day, I feel that my performance is increasing. Is it a kind of disease or what? Is there any solution for this kind of problem. Please suggest.
He remains depressed about his exam and thinks too much, how to consult him so that he could behave normally.
The mind or the brain is the master computer, the site of our consciousness, thoughts and memories. We often tend to think of our mind as a separate entity, but the mind and the body are linked and just like our body, the mind too is susceptible to illnesses. The idea of mental illness makes us feel vulnerable and helpless and we dismiss the possibility of mental illness as something that “will not happen to me” or “is in my control”. But like all other illnesses, mental disorders too, are ultimately not in our control. More importantly, they are readily treatable with medications and therapy.
Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions/disorders that affect our mood, thinking and behavior. They include depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, eating disorders, alcohol/drugs abuse and many others. All of us feel sad, anxious, stressed and have occasional sleepless nights. So when does a mental health concern become a problem? When the signs and symptoms persist and affect our regular day-to-day activities, it’s probably time to seek help.
Awareness is the first step to treatment. Learning about the signs and symptoms will allow you to seek help early and get back to a healthy and happy life.
If several of the following symptoms are recurring, it is advisable to consult a mental health professional.
1. Withdrawal: Recent social withdrawal and lack of interest in others are a common sign that you may have a problem in hand.
2. Drop in functioning: There is a sudden unusual drop in functioning at school, work or other social activities such as withdrawing from sports, failing in school or difficulty in performing ordinary tasks.
3. The problem with thinking: You face complications with concentration, memory or rational thoughts and speech that are hard to explain.
4. Increased sensitivity: There is a heightened sensitivity to sights, sounds, smells or physical contact and a tendency to avoid stimulating situations.
5. Apathy: There is a loss of desire or initiative to participate in any social activity.
6. Feeling disconnected: You experience a vague feeling of detachment from yourself or your surrounding and a sense of unreality encircles you (paranoia or hallucinations).
7. Illogical thinking: You have an exaggerated belief about your personal powers to understand meanings or influence events. You suffer from irrational or magical thinking, typical of childhood in an adult.
8. Nervousness: You have a feeling of fear, you are skeptical of others or have a strong nervous feeling.
9. Sleep or appetite changes: You experience sleep disorders, significant tiredness and appetite changes and even decline in personal care.
10. Mood swings: There are rapid or dramatic shifts in feelings ranging from excessive anger; hostility or violence to suicidal thoughts. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I am suffering from more stress and rude and so much angry behaviour so I am not concentrate on my studies and anything so please you give me some advise to detect my problems.
I recently married 2 months back. My wife won't believe the real fact always she is having doubt on me if I tell real fact she won't believe. and she won't get adjust for small things. If I tell I have some imp meeting in office and can't come n pick you can you catch auto and come she made big complications for that and now in my office they told next time if I repeat I should resign the job cause my wife is not cooperating for me at all. why she is doing like this?
I am 22 years old guy. Yesterday night I got a very strange nightmare where I fought with my little cousin sister and then we couldn't talk for many years, the nightmare was too horrible. But seeing my current situation I am not having any kind of problem with my little cousin sister, we both are very much happy with each other. Even before I slept I was happy because my graduation result was out and I passed in distinction. Even though situation is good why I got such bad nightmare. And this happen3 -4 times a week I get a bad nightmare. What should I do am not getting good sleep?
I always remain nervous.Over the years my confidence has come down drastically .I am currently 36 yrs of age .Have consulted psychiatrist as well but no positive results.Everyday i go to office with a fear in mind that my boss will scold or shout at me .Such types of unknown fear keeps coming in my mind.I have anxiety problems.Due to that i have bp problem as well .Pls suggest me something how can i overcome this problem as i have loads of responsibilities on my head.
I studying in pharmacy but I can not recall or remember the studied portion of my syllabus what I do which remember the studied portion of my syllabus.
I am 30 of a male suffering from generalized anxiety disorder facing symptoms like severe numbness in head, world seems dreamy dreamy, fear in public, foggy and distorted vision always thinking how I ll cum out of this. Please help since 2 years I am having this. Should I go for mri of brain and citiscan maybe blood is not circulating in brain properly in anxiety. Ans in anxiety head some parts bcum numb. please suggest.
I am 32 years male, I have some psychological problem, if I see another male person (he is look very healthy and big one) I need to friendship with him and to join with him for sexual process. Now I am very much tensioned about my mind. Please give a solution to change my mind.
I am 25 year old. I got back pain very badly. I am student and I have to do study. Please suggest me exercise or precaution. What I should do now.
In India, crimes against women have been on the rise; they might have always happened at the same rate but today's media have become more attentive towards these crimes by bringing them to the forefront. Recently, the devastating news of an Assamese higher secondary student being raped and killed has surfaced. Her floating decomposed body was not discovered until 4th of May when the incident itself occurred on 28th of April. If a rape victim dies, it is the most unfortunate consequence that the parents and the loved ones have to live with but there are numerous victims who survive and they can lead a normal life with guidance and care. Any occurrence of sexual assault not only leaves scars on the outside but also have deeper psychological and emotional effects. The emotional scars can manifest in the form of post-traumatic disorder, depression and suicidal tendencies. If you know anyone who has undergone such an experience, then read on to find out how you can help her get back to her life.
- Medical Examination: Physical effects of rape can be adverse on the victim. Forced sexual assault causes bruising, wounds and vaginal bleeding and immediate medical attention is required to ensure safety. Subsequent medical tests should also be carried out to check for Urinary Tract infection, Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and uterine fibroids.
- Therapy: Wounds of the flesh heal, but it takes a lot of time to recover from emotional damage and in some cases the survivors bear the burden of psychological scars all through their lives. They may see the incident as an assault to their souls and develop depression, post-traumatic disorder, borderline personality disorder, sleeping and eating disorder. The loved ones have to be understanding and be patient with them. One-on-one therapy or group therapy sessions can be very helpful. Talking about their emotions and resolving issues of anger, regret, pain, fear, guilt in a friendly, supported and understanding environment can help them reconstruct their self-image.
- Counseling: Guilt and shame are two most common stigmas that most survivors have to deal with. They somehow blame themselves for the incident and regret any step they think that might have led to the incident. They become so consumed by the incident that they think the experience defines them, instead of their persona which is called dissociative identity disorder. In such cases counseling sessions can prove to be very beneficial. They need guidance to understand the situation and separate themselves from the incident. The survivors may feel weak and victimized, overpowered and violated; they may also think that they have lost control of their bodies. Counseling can assist to resolve such issues and help them empower themselves with time.
It is important to make the survivors realize that it is not the end of their lives. With a positive attitude, proper rehabilitation and counseling rape survivors can lead a normal, happy life.