Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Supriya ShankraYour feedback matters!
How many acupuncture treatments does it take to relieve stress? Is this something that needs continual treatment?
I am 33 years old Male. Several times I feel fear, nervousness, anxiety and symptoms of heart attack like high heart beat, sweating, pain and it happens any time of the day. What is this issue ?
I have to depressed so much. When I sleep in night but I have no relief in my mind. I wake up so many times in a night.
Soon I shall be 75 years old. But still unable to forget and forgive the happenings of my younger years. This brings in depression. Is there a way of getting rid of it?
I lose somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I doctor my story is pretty long. I think I may have anxiety and panic attacks. I would be in a situation where I would be asked questions in a meeting in office and I would forget what I have to say. My symptoms include: -cold hands and feet -tight stomach -dry mouth -clenched jaws -unable to understand what other person is saying and unable to relate to it -shakiness -weak resistance to cold -talking fast and often rushing through things -loss of short term memory -blurry vision -confusion -breathlessness -suspicion -Even after bowel movement I would not feel fresh and would often feel I can still go again but when I go nothing comes out -and when I am not in a stressful situation all these symptoms would diminish it would be there but not as exaggerated. Please tell.
Technology may be a boon for your love life as due to technology a number of means of communication have evolved, which keep you connected with your loved one in the form of devices, software and applications. However, in spite of its benefits, they are plenty of things that come with technology, which can completeely ruin your love life. Here are some signs that technology may be creating trouble in your paradise:
- You may waste your time checking photos of ex-girlfriends and love interests. You may check out a picture of an ex on her Facebook profile and wonder about a new guy present in the picture. The same may happen with a present lover. These activities create unnecessary complications in your mind which may harm your relationship with your partner.
- You end up spending more time with your smartphone than with your partner. This may affect your relationship, as you are too engrossed with checking social media websites and posting updates instead of paying attention to your partner, who is right by your side.
- Sexting is a common trend in today's world where the exchanging of nude photos between a couple takes place via messengers and chatting platforms. This can be worrisome as you may always be concerned about your pictures getting leaked or exposed.
- You may become technologically clingy. Your partner may have texted you, and you have not been able to reply in spite of reading the text. Modern technology enables a person to see when you have read their message and when there is no response, the speculations creep in. These situation lead to host of other problems.
- It is easy to lie about something online or via texting than saying it face to face. Technology allows you to lie and make untrue statements, which are not true in real life. This creates dishonesty within a relationship.
- With technology, you have too many options at hand and this makes situations difficult. In case you want to go for a dinner with your partner, you might spend hours searching for a good restaurant by going through the ratings online.
- You may spend a lot of time deciphering text messages. Modern day texting is full of abbreviations, short forms and emoticons. Some of these may make you over think stuff, and you may try to decipher meanings from normal texts, which actually have no twisted meaning.
- With so many forms of social media, you may be confused about what to use at which stage or phase. You may think whether you should text first, should you add an interest on Facebook and should you comment on a picture. All this creates confusion and honestly there is no real conversation between you and your partner.
There is no doubt that modern technology has taken the level of communication to a new level. Technology plays significant role in keeping in touch with your friends and loved ones sitting thousands of miles away by bringing them close. But it is high time that you realize that technology is something that has driving you away from your loved one. Make an attempt to have some personal conversations without your phones, laptops and tablets. Watch a movie, go on long drives or late night walks and reignite the love and passion in your relationships. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time. Please help me.
My boyfriend is suffering from depression since 7 years. He use to think about committing suicide some years ago. And he use to suffer with Schizophrenia when he was a child. He told me that he doesn't have Schizophrenia anymore. But he is struggling with depression for no reason. He's been for therapies and taking meds for depression since years but still nothing works for him. I love him so much and I'm very worried for him. Please give some advice.
I 'm student pursuing CS in June I have an attempt. The issue is my concentration skill which is depleting day by day because of a guy belongs to DELHI he showed interest, initially but due to my habitats he back off. I don't know there are many whom do I talk with hangout with but he has stood in. Mind please suggest me to transfer my concentration on studies.
Hi I am 18 years old. I am getting lot of depression nowadays due to my failure in professional foundation course after my 3 attempts. I can't concentrate in classes. My mind gets distracted. I am having head ache some times due to this. Some times I even got jealous by seeing my friends who have successful life. Can you suggest some remedies to over come this situation.
I'm 17 years old and I sleep alot and because of this I'm not able to focus on my studies My grades are going down day after day (studying medical) please help me out (really tensed)
For human beings, the body is considered the temple, one that they strive to keep fit and in shape. In fact, the plethora of ailments, which people complain of suffering from, almost always deal with their physical health. In this over engagement to restore the physical health, the well being of the mental health is never considered. However truth remains that the health of the mind is equally if not more important and must be given its share of priority. With the growing age and times, depression has emerged as a gnawing problem, one that is plaguing individuals indiscriminately and one that must be eradicated as soon as possible.
Some of the ways to combat this fatal ailment are:
- Exercises: Everyday a bit of exercise not only keeps the body fit and healthy, but also goes a long way in easing and calming the mind. You need not indulge in strenuous exercises, but must make it a conscientious habit to work out a bit daily.
- Talk to people: Though depression makes one inexorably quiet and silent, the first thing that is prescribed as a remedial measure is talk to people. Engaging in conversations with people, telling them what exactly is troubling you are proven ways to combat depression.
- Meditate: There is no better way to treat mental ailment than meditating. When you suffer from depression, your body undergoes severe conflict. Meditating not only calms the mind, but also soothes away the worries.
- Develop a support system: Depression is almost always followed by an unfathomable sense of loneliness. Talking to others does help, but at the same time try to develop a support system. Find an individual, be it parents, relatives or friends and confide in him or her. Not sharing what you are going through is never a solution and only exacerbates the fatality of the situation.
- Change the daily routine: Monotony is never exciting and it is only time, before the humdrum of life gets to you. Changing the daily routine and incorporating something new and exciting go a long way in recuperating you from the mental dullness and fatigue.