Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Ms. Supriya ShankraYour feedback matters!
I am 62 years old female and I am suffering from depression and high blood pressure. Give some suggestions to overcome from depression.
I have some problem I think always sexual dreams day and night so what should I do so how to control my problem I can not concentrate my study so please sent me some tips.
Paranoid personality disorder (PPD) is a mental disorder which makes you feel fearful, nervous and suspicious about people or situations around. This disease usually starts to show its signs from early adulthood and is more common in men than women. People suffering from this disorder are unable to maintain close and long lasting relationships with people as they have the habit of blaming and not trusting other people. The most common symptoms of this disorder are:
- Doubting the loyalty of others
- Fear of revealing their own personal information
- A tendency of holding long lasting grudges
- Inability to handle criticisms
- Abrupt instances of anger and instant reaction
- Showing traits of coldness in a relationship
- Having a feeling of always being right
- Having problems in relaxing
- Being stubborn, argumentative and hostile
- Causes: The exact cause behind PDD is still unknown, but according to some medical researchers it happens due to a combination of biological and psychological conditions. Additionally, bad emotional experiences during childhood and having gone through a physical or mental trauma also leads to the development of the disease.
- Diagnosis: This condition cannot be diagnosed at home and is usually diagnosed by a specialist. The first step taken by a doctor in order to diagnose the disorder is an examination of the medical and psychiatric history of the person. Additionally, if the health records of a person do not indicate anything, then the doctors usually go for some expert opinions by a psychiatrist.
- Treatment: Most of the people suffering from this disease are not even aware about it, until someone brings it to their notice. Doctors usually believe that psychotherapy, which is a form of counseling, is the best way to treat PDD.
Sometimes I really feel down and cant get the motivations n to get up and do something. Then when I'm pushed, I react violently and aggressively. But other times, when I'm not under pressure, life is smooth! What should I do with these episodes?
doctor. My marriage has been three years and I am very upset from my wife's childish behavior. Before the wedding , when we spoke on the phone . Then I thought she is a good girl and the happiness will fill my life. But after the wedding, the opposite result outcome. On the other side I was very frustrated by the pressure of my private job. Cause to messy management and long time exploiting I quit the job. Then I decided to open a small garment shop. B ut cause to lack of money. I discus with my wife to sell our gold jewellery but she did not support me and create an drama in the house. Now I am jobless 7 months ago. And I 'm drowning in debt for house running costs. I faced lot of interviews but no getting response. Due to all this, I hate my wife. I don't like to be with her at all. In these days I feels so lonely, helpless, depressed and totally lost. My self respect also lost in my all relative and wife's relatives. Day by day I 'm sinking in the dark. Just a few days ago I had decided to commit suicide . But I have avoided death . I do not think I 'll be able to put more time and death. Doctor please tell me how to make adjust in this situation and make also good tone between personal life and professional life.
Hii . My father is suffering from bipolar disorder from 2 years. Please recommend best possible treatment.
Most mental and emotional health issues are inconspicuous in nature and, therefore, cause more harm than they otherwise should, most people still live with a number of symptoms of depression without even realizing it or do little to address it. When the depressive symptoms last for more than 2 weeks and affect the individual's personal, social or occupational life, it is known as clinical depression or major depression. There is often a delay in opting for the treatment because of the social taboo associated with depression.
Depression makes a person miserable, disappointed, restless or numb for long and tedious timeframes, and is debilitating, particularly when they can't demonstrate their feelings and worries to anybody. It can meddle with their productivity and can become a concern not only in workplaces, but also in social circles.
So here's how to deal with a friend or family member in a depressed state of mind:
- Be considerate: Do understand that depression doesn't mean" trouble". Melancholy is a condition with an assortment of side effects like exhaustion, confused mind state and rest issues. These are all side effects of melancholy. Crabbiness is an exceptionally basic side effect, which once in a while is encountered by many individuals, and can lead to an expanded sensitivity. Normally, it's difficult to be sympathetic with someone who is behaving grumpily. But you need to make a conscious effort to still see the positive in depressed individuals and lead them to hope.
- Encourage and support: Try not to shame people for being negative. Dejection changes the world into a scene of pessimism. Discouraged individuals don't just focus on the negatives, but they also disregard the positives.
- Do validate: Approval can help manage a depressed state, and can wean a friend or family member out of depression. Remember that someone with dejection is not living in the same universe as you. The laws that oversee your universe don't exist in theirs. Depressed individuals require your understanding, your empathy, and your affection, considerably more when they are having a troublesome day, week or month. It is hard, but possible. Discouraged individuals value a positive backing in particular.
- Never say 'you're too much': When someone with depression is told "you're too much" particularly by somebody near them, it can send them spiralling into blame and nervousness and bitterness. Being encouraging and empowering is likewise useful.
- Be patient with the treatment process: A certain amount of trial and error in treatment is to be expected, Baer said. But the good news is that doctors can often help people with depression feel better and function better with a combination of medication and talk therapy, he added. With time and treatment, depression can lift. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.