Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Ms. Supriya ShankraYour feedback matters!
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Do you have a habit of getting too anxious about minor matters? Is your severe anxiety hampering the smooth functioning of your daily life? Is anxiety giving you headaches, causing insomnia and making you paranoid? All these conditions imply that you are suffering from anxiety disorder. There are several types of anxiety disorders with various symptoms, and there are effective treatment procedures for curing them as well.
Signs and symptoms of severe anxiety/ anxiety disorder: The signs of anxiety disorder vary from person to person, but one common major symptom is severe fear, tension and worry even in petty situations.
The common emotional symptoms except fear and tension include the following:
- Feelings of great apprehension or a dread feeling
- Problem with concentration
- Feeling overly tensed
- Always anticipating the worst in any situation
- Feeling restless and irritable
- Watching out for danger signs in everything
- Feeling mentally blank
Anxiety is much more than being just a feeling and several physical symptoms are observed as a result of the body's response to severe anxiety. The most common physical symptoms are as follows:
- A pounding heart
- Excessive sweating
- An upset or dizzy stomach
- Enhanced urge for urination and diarrhea
- Breathing problems
- Muscle tension
- Feeling twitches and tremors
- Severe headache and excess fatigue
- Sleeplessness or insomnia
Coping with severe anxiety:
In order to cope with anxiety disorder, you should follow these tips:
- You should connect with other people as being lonely or isolated may trigger your anxiety. Meet friends or join support groups. You should share your feelings with a loved one to ease the anxiety.
- You must start undertaking relaxation techniques such as mindfulness meditation, progressive muscle relaxation or deep breathing. These help in reducing your anxiety and make you feel relaxed.
- Regular exercise and work out is a natural stress buster and relieves anxiety. Practice different types of exercises strictly every day.
- You must get sufficient sleep as lack of sleep boosts your feelings of anxiety and tension. You should get nine hours of undisturbed sleep every night.
- You should reduce your intake of alcohol and caffeine products, which worsen your anxiety.
- You must train your mind to stay calm. The habit of needless worrying must be brought under control. You can undertake strategies such as creating a worry period, challenging the thoughts of anxiety and accepting uncertainty in life.
The self-help strategies for coping with severe anxiety can be quite effective. In some cases, fear and anxiety attacks become very severe and cause great distress in a person's life. In such cases, professional help is required. Certain behavior therapies can be undertaken for eliminating severe anxiety.
Hi there! I have been suffering from hight phobia now a days! Whenever I go somewhere at top I get too afraid! Is there anything I can do to avoid this type of fear in future?
Good morning sir mam me newly married but I have seen my wife Brest produced milk so I am dout and information of some Dr. I test her blood prolactin result come 7.what is this? Bimistakely I told my family so she blame and myself realize and tell her and family please excuse us. Still she does not agree come to my house. Realy I love her so much I can't live without her. So what can I do Sir?
My father is 70 years old and suddenly he is not behaving properly. He used to said my brain not working and I am not able to work. If he stand then remain standing for few minutes in lost condition like he forget what to do next. We had an general examination and physically he is ok in terms of pulse n be. But he is very tensed and taking tension of day to day work also. Please help.
I'm 35 male me gujarat ka rehne wala hu I am married She is married Muje usse 4 sal pehle love ho gaya tha Ham log bahut bar mil chuke he uska patti mera best friend he Hum log ghumne bhi sab sath jate he Wo uske sath rahti he me bardast nahi kar pa raha hu Uska pati daru bhi pota he aur call girl k pas bhi jata he lekin wo issu nahi Me usse bahu pyar krta hu wo bhi muje itna hi pyar krti he Wo uske pati ke sathi soti he to mujhse bardast nahi ho raha he Ab kya kare ? Kafi bar muje suicide krne ka man ho jata he. Please help me.
Hi. My age 23. i am a short temper. I got anger for small reasons i am not in pease always from the morning to night getting anger. Its spoiling my life.
I am 19 years old male. And I have a lot of problem like headache, lack of sleep and many tension. Pls help me to relax my mind.
I have concentration on my studies or my work sometime I lose my concentration when I lose that I can't gain my concentration again on my work please give me some tips to regain my concentration back. I also lose self confidence sometimes what should I do if I lose it. Please please give me tips. Thank you $$$$$ Your advice will be worthy to me.
If you thought that fame and money are enough to keep a human being happy and healthy, then you could not be more mistaken. Mental and physical ailments can affect anyone at any time. Celebrities in particular are even more prone to mental disorders with their stressful lives that are centred around topping their past success with even more success, and filling their bank accounts with even more money.
So let us cast a glance on the Bollywood or Indian movie industry stars who have suffered from mental disorders:
- Shah Rukh Khan: After his shoulder surgery, Shah Rukh Khan went through a bout of severe and debilitating depression. This surgery had to take place due to an injury sustained on set during the year 2008. Depression and anxiety are known to affect people who have been going through chronic physical ailments and are forced to give up an overactive lifestyle. When this jet setting superstar was confined to bed, he fell into a state of despair and hopelessness. With the help of therapy and positive thinking, he was able to get back on his feet again and portray his charismatic persona on screen.
- Deepika Padukone: The dimpled actress recently came out in the open about her recent brush with depression and anxiety when she was busy promoting her blockbuster movies. She ended up going for therapy and taking control of the problem before it took control of her life. Once she had recovered from the overwhelming phase with proper therapy, she began to support mental health care causes so that more people would become aware and learn to take the necessary steps once they recognised the symptoms.
- Parveen Babi: She was one of the most beautiful actresses of her time who was also featured on the Time Magazine cover - a huge feat for an Indian celebrity at that point! Shortly after being diagnosed with depression and paranoid schizophrenia, she moved to USA. Overwhelmed with chronic depression and debilitating schizophrenia, she ended her life with suicide at her apartment in Mumbai.
- Sanjay Dutt: He may have played and aced the role of Doctor Munna Bhai on screen, but this actor suffered from insomnia and depression during his prison stay. The untimely demise of his mother and legal hassles followed by marital problems led to this state until he took the initiative to recover and get back to a normal way of living.
- Manisha Koirala: This well known actress suffered from acute clinical depression during her short marriage. With therapy and divorce behind her, she has started scripting her new life again.
These celebrities show us that we must take charge and bounce back no matter how profound the problem.