Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Sulata ShenoyYour feedback matters!
I am a 21-year-old male. I started smoking cigarettes and other stuff around 4 years ago. Because of continuous smoking, I lost my ability to mimic and sing. I also lost my ability to sing high pitched songs. I wanted to know if, through any means possible, including surgery, I can recover my voice to what it used to be. If not completely, to what extent can I recover my voice?
Nicotine addiction or tobacco addiction refers to an acute dependence upon tobacco products primarily due to the presence of the nicotine drug. In other words, nicotine addiction refers to an inability to stop using tobacco products despite the knowledge and awareness that it is harmful to you. While nicotine only induces addiction, it is the presence of other substances in tobacco which makes it damaging and injurious to health.
Nicotine has the tendency to produce effects in the brain, both physical as well as mind altering, that give temporary satisfaction. This is precisely why people get hooked into the habit of tobacco consumption, which eventually leads to addiction. Unfortunately, stopping tobacco use immediately can also lead to several withdrawal symptoms, like agitation and restlessness.
The main reason why tobacco is so addictive is due to the fact that nicotine releases neurotransmitters such as dopamine in the reward centre of the brain, which in turn improves your mood and gives you temporary pleasure.
Causes of nicotine addiction can either be physical or behavioral, for instance situations or feelings, which make you crave for tobacco. These include:
- Specific times during the day, say after every meal or during breaks at work
- While defecating
- While drinking alcohol
- Stressful or depressive situations
- At the sight or smell of a burning cigarette
- Peer pressure
- While driving
Symptoms of nicotine addiction include:
- You are unable to quit smoking despite frequent attempts.
- You experience withdrawal symptoms after attempting to quit.
- You continue to smoke despite the awareness that it is injurious to your health.
- You forego social as well as recreational activities because of your need to smoke. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Hi doctor, my heart is beating very fast, I'm very curious about what happening around me. I think I may have a mental disorder. Can you help me?.
I'm 21 year old female. I were chain smoker from last 6 years which usually helped me with my anxious nature and now I have left smoking. Its been more than one week and I have a severe headache since last 4 days. I am unable to prevent anxiety and also lacks in anger management. I'm not very social person. All this is leading to worsen my personal relations with everyone including my parents. I myself am a psychology student to after some research I have been taking nexito as a anti anxiety and sometimes zolfresh to sleep. What else do you suggest? Also.
Hi i am 18 years old I feel depressed because of tension can m very emotional person n I got anger very fast can suggest me what should be done?
Why does it happen whenever I go to my relatives house or party or nowhere I don't feel good as mera dimaag mere bf m lga rhta h bas mann krta h usk sth rhu koi aas pas na rahe kahi jaane ka mann ni krta kahi jao to aisa lgta h door hjaege even though mere ghr m he marriwh par I am nt al. Ol excited as mje kanpur jana h 2 days k liye but yai dimaag m h k door hjaege y this fear is dere our relationship is good I want to know what's the reason behind this?
I had smoking habit by four years. How can I stop my smoking. Please consider my problem. My grand father died by smoke I have fear about that.
What short of things I should do to stay healthy during exams time. Getting nervous every now and then.
Hello sir/madam, i am 26years old, and having type-1 diabetes since 20years, and got married and also having 3years old kid, but my husband expired one year back, but every time if anyone talks to my i'll get angry, and shouts on them, even with my kid also. I used to counsel myself for not to shout and not to be angry but its not getting. Please suggest what to do. Thanks.
I am smoking from 2 years now I am planning to quit the smoking is there any suggestions for that how to clean the lungs or etc.
I am 25 years old male, Inside of penis (like muscle part) is previously its very strengthen but now its very weak, due to this reason I am not getting mood also. I don't have any habits of drinking and smoking Even I didn't" watch porn also. Please tell me what should I do? How should I be out from this problem? Please suggest me what happened. I am feeling sad about my sexual life.
Hello Dr. I am a 18years old I want to quite smoking what I do for leave cigarettes. I am using a kwikinic but didn't get results.
How come out of anxiety about health I am getting panic about HIV THOUGH I TESTED 3 TIMES ITS negative I never had sex nor I touched a lady yet now but it's got fitted in my mind and making my life sorrow suddenly I am getting panic please suggest.
Hello I have a question for memory loss. As my father after a brain tumor operation was all right but due to the spot radiation it has effected his memory, writing, reading and speaking skills. Is there any way to make my father all right.
The number n ease of erection is going down with time. M just 26 and a smoker. Is there a way to get back to normal? I'll quit smoking too.
Insomnia or sleeplessness is quite difficult to cope with and for people suffering from anxiety, it is even tougher. People suffering from anxiety remain in a state of mental and physical distress. On top of this, if they cannot sleep well because of insomnia, life becomes quite hard. Insomnia causes anxiety and also is caused due to anxiety.
Here are some simple tips to manage anxiety and insomnia:
- Maintain a schedule: Try to go to bed at the same time every night and wake up at the same time every morning. Experiment with several different bedtimes and wake up times to find out which one works best for you.
- Turn off electronic devices: Switch off all electronic devices thirty minutes before you go to bed. Electronic devices stimulate your mind and the light from the devices does not make you feel that it is time to sleep. Keep the devices away from you while going to bed.
- Dim lights: Practice dimming all lights in your house before bedtime. Change light bulbs and replace them with low wattage lights. This will enable you to have lights, although they are dim. Low lighting will make your body produce melatonin to make you prepare for sleep.
- Keep away from alcohol and smoking: Consuming alcoholic drinks before bedtime reduces your quality of sleep and you may wake up within two hours. Do not consume alcohol before bedtime. Smoking should be restricted before sleeping, as the nicotine contained in cigarettes is a stimulant, which can take away your sleep.
- Ignore caffeinated drinks: Caffeine is a stimulant and consuming caffeinated drinks before going to bed can result in losing sleep. Do not drink coffee before sleeping.
- Exercise: Exercise is a perfect solution to reduce anxiety and results in improved sleep quality. Exercise regularly during the day or three to four hours before bedtime. Yoga and meditation performed just before going to sleep are effective.
- Make a pre-sleep ritual: Try to find ways, which would help you calm your mind just before going to sleep and practice it every day. This can be reading a book, taking a hot shower or listening to your favorite songs. Your mind will be relaxed, and you will get better sleep.
- Maintain a sleep journal: Keep a sleep journal and write about the time when you go to sleep and when you wake up. Also note down the time you require to fall asleep, the number of times your sleep breaks and how your sleep was. This will enable you to observe your sleep patterns and make adjustments.
For people suffering from anxiety, added insomnia results in enhanced difficulty. One should cope with the problems properly and try to improve upon them.