Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Sulata Shenoy
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Sulata ShenoyYour feedback matters!
I lost somebody close last year and since then full depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I'm M21 & having pain on both sides of my chest but more on left side, just below the heart (maybe in lungs). This pain gets harder in night. I'm a smoker but from last a week I reduced my cigarettes from a packet to 1-2 cigarette per day. Please help!
With today's lifestyle, it is almost impossible to avoid stress. Each person experiences stress in a different way and can tolerate different levels of stress. For some work is a source of stress while for others it could be strained relationships or financial trouble. Stress, if not dealt correctly can harm a person mentally, emotionally and physically. Stress can also make a person age faster. Hence. it becomes essential to understand how to deal with the wear and tear of stress.
- Cut back on caffeine, alcohol and nicotine: Stress can fasten your heartbeat and lead to anxiousness and depression. Turning to nicotine, alcohol or any form of caffeinated drink may temporarily make you feel better but will worsen the situation in the long run. This is because all three of them are considered stimulants. Instead hydrate your body with plenty of water, fresh fruits juices and herbal teas.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is beneficial for a healthy mind and body. Exercising give you some time to yourself and gives you a break from whatever may be triggering your stress. Stress also causes the release of hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol. This can make you jumpy and tense. However, by exercising these hormones can be put to use and your body can be brought back to a calmer state.
- Talk to someone: Stress can lead to anxiety and depression. This can make you socially withdrawn and lead to even more stress. Hence, it is essential to find someone who you can open up to and share your thoughts and experience with. This will also help you make better decisions as stress can cloud your judgement.
- Get a good night s sleep: Stress can affect your sleep cycles and make you either an insomniac or make you sleep excessively. In both cases, you wake up feeling tired and sans any energy to take on the next day. Give yourself a routine of going to bed and waking up at the same time every day to fight these effects of stress and to give your mind time to refresh itself. It will also help to avoid watching television or working on laptops or mobiles for an hour before going to bed.
- Prioritize: Seeing a never ending to-do list is one of the most common stress triggers. In such situations, stress can make you unable to complete your tasks efficiently and you re left either feeling overworked or with an even longer to-do list for the next day. Hence, it is important to learn to prioritise tasks and get them done one at a time. Also, learn to say NO to people when you know you do not have the time to take on additional tasks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Sir, I have a problem. I am worried about my neatness, I want more neat. I washed my hand again and again continually with dettole and soap. What is my problem sir?
My wife has been feeling that something is moving in her body from her mouth to leg. That unknown thing is not paining but her concentration going loss. Due to which she feels weakness and laziness so much. She do not wish to do any work and always prefer to lay on bed. Also, she's going hyper and frustrated on small things, she forgets small small things and taking so much time to remember. When these problem has started she even not taking care of herself. Her face freshness has gone away, also facing hairfall problem. She is been going in depression now. I had visited so many Dr. but they have been told that is only acidity/ hyper acidity. Also completed all types of medicine course but still she is been not getting recover. Pls help me on this.
I have started smoking a lot in past few months, so what should I do to get rid of my this bad habit?
I am 17 years old. I was feeling anxiety and fast heartbeat for 7-8 days and was not able to concentrate .also gabrahat my doctor gave me arjunarishta and some other medicine. Is it a serious problems .also suggested lifestyle change to overcome this.
I am in a medical college n I like my teacher there. He is a MD doctor. I like him from d first day I saw him n now m in 3 rd year I still feel same for him. But he z of 47 & married too. He z having kids too. I know I can never have a future with him. But I can't stop thinking of him. When I wake up in morning d first thing come in my mind is my teacher .when I go to bed I think of him before sleeping. I can't stop myself thinking of him all d day. I luv him so much. But for him m his student only. I am lacking my studies too bcz of it. I feel like I'll go in severe depression on leaving my college because I won't be able to c him. Even in my holidays when I don't c him for a long time I go to him for any illness n to medicine just to c him. I don't know how to get rid of this attachment. Three years have gone but I feel same love for him. But I want to get over it now. please suggest.
I am suffering from lack of focus and concentration this has effect on my cognitive skills In my life I do not have stress and tension still I feel low and negative thought creep in my mind as I know I have to optimistic but I am unable please help me for my better health and mind.
Previously known as multiple personality disorder or simply split personality disorder, dissociative identity disorder is a very serious and unpleasant form of dissociation. It is based on the lack of connection, or rather a discontinuity in thought, action, feeling, memory or even a misplaced sense of identity. It is usually considered to be a result of severe traumatic experiences in early childhood, varying from extremely physical to repeated emotional or sexual abuse. It is thought to be a self-defense mechanism where the person dissociates himself from any such experience or situation that would deem to be harmful to his or her conscious self. It is, however, not to be confused with schizophrenia.
There are innumerable indicators that point towards dissociative identity disorder. Some of them include:
- Severe depression
- Sleeping problems such as insomnia or sleep apnea
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Anxiety attacks and phobias
- Suicidal tendencies
- Abnormal rituals and compulsions
- Visual or auditory hallucinations
- Self-persecution and self-sabotage tendencies
- Time-loss and amnesia
- Mood swings
- Headaches and migraines
- Inability to remember important personal information
- 'Switching' of identities
The main causes of split personality disorder are unfortunately still unclear and vague, although 99% of persons who suffer from this disorder have a severe traumatic history or background. The causes need not be physical or sexual abuse. It could also stem from emotional abuse like insistent neglect. Studies have also showed that children may become dissociative, if their parents are either too strict or unpredictable.