Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Ms. Sulata ShenoyYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old lady with 1 baby girl. I have so many reasons to be happy but I cant feel happiness. Within 2 to 3 days I feel I lost everything. Nothing is going good to me. What should I do? I need the best sugestion please.
Hello I don't understand what is going with me: I am really very sick I think. I am getting anger very earliest. And saying anything to one who is taking with me! I can't understand anyone. I am feeling like I should die.
I am 32 years old from Bangalore and working as a lead in one of IT MNC company getting decent salary but I am feeling dull no interest in my job and don't want to work in IT company. I identified my problem that I belongs to poor family and I didn't get my need in my childhood and to making more money I chosen IT filed even I am getting decent amount of salary and I can full fill my desire and need but now again I want more. More luxury life, luxury house and luxury car. I am having two issues: 1) Health issue 2) financial issue MY first issue is related to my teenage problem due to wrong friends and wrong habit I stated watching porn movie and started doing masturbation which I am still not able to leave. Even after getting married and having 1 years child. MY second problem is I wanted to make my life in financial market and I wanted to be wealthy person due to this attitude I lost almost around 8-9 lacs in stock market, I have not shared these information to my family and I have taken loan to makeup these things where my 50% of salary is doing in paying EMI, now my loan is going to over in another 3-4 months but I am still trading in stock market and making loss and this is become habit, I can not leave without trading even I trade 200 rs trade every day. Request you please guide me and help me to overcome this.
Hi, I am a smoker. I am smoking for past 7 years regularly. Per day 7 - 10 I am not able to stop the habit. Please advise me. Sometimes having a just pain also.
I am a 23 year old girl always feel alone and depressed. I always want to get noticed by a number of guys. I want to be a cynosure among boys as I am good looking. I am presently in a relationship but still I find something missing. I love him and he loves me a lot but I still want other boys care for me. And when I don't get that I feel very much depressed and alone. I cannot concentrate on my studies and always feeling bored, unhappy and alone. Please help me. Please what should I do?
People often experience grief when they lose something special or someone very valuable to them. This feeling of grief and loss tends to have various adverse effects one one’s personality, relationships and health. The effects of grief on a person usually depend on different factors, which include the kind of loss suffered, the person’s beliefs, age and his mental or physical health.
Losing someone makes each one of us in a different way. Anxiety and feeling helpless are two things that mostly affect people. Feelings of anger and anxiety are also experienced in the early stages of coping with loss. The sadness creeps in eventually. Grief and loss can affect a person seriously and cause different health hazards. It is quite difficult for a person to heal instantly and they continue feeling bad for a long period of time. However, one day you will recover for sure.
Here are some ways to cope with grief and loss:
- You have to express yourself and share all the feelings bottled inside you. You should talk about your feelings with a close friend or family member. This is the beginning of the healing process.
- When you feel sad, you should not try to avoid it. Feeling sad is a healthy part of the process of grieving and instead of hiding the fact that you are sad under a mask, you should allow the sadness.
- Try to follow your regular schedule instead of isolating yourself. By following a schedule you will keep yourself active, which will help in healing. You should take walks and not lock yourself up in a room as this will make your condition worse.
- Plenty of sleep is required during the healing stage. Emotional strain makes you tired and hence, undisturbed sleep is very much essential for your health. If you do not get proper sleep, consult a doctor.
- A healthy, balanced diet is also important for coping with loss and grief. Avoid food that will wear you down. Eat light and healthy and do not skip meals.
- You must avoid intake of substances, which help in easing the pain. Do not consume too much alcohol. It may temporarily numb the pain, but afterwards you will feel worse.
- Counselling is important after you get through the initial healing stage on your own. After several weeks or a month, you should go to a counselor and have regular therapy sessions. The ideal time to start counselling depends wholly on you and your state.
- Antidepressant medicines can also be taken on prescription for feeling better.
Coping with grief and loss is quite a difficult task. A lot of patience is required and instead of giving into sorrow, one must get up and take all steps required for quick recovery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.