Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Sowmya H.s
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Sowmya H.sYour feedback matters!
I want suggestions to improve my IQ power and memory power very much. My age is 20 years am studying chartered accountancy CA course.
After suffering from cold, I suffered throat tightness. Now I do not know if I am completely free from it but a new problem has come in which "MY TONGUE IS BEING PULLED BACK" I thought I will be able to resume my singing now but throat tightness with this new problem has made me more stressful. Indian idol, voice of india various auditions are coming and. please help me.
Can you please tell me how to sharpen your memory strength so I could I could not forget what I've learned and where I kept my items.
I am 24 years old, I am having anxiety disorder and my heart beats like it will pop out and I thought too much and can't relate to what is going on and having unknown fear and zero excitement.
I m 50 years old man. My mouth is not open properly. Chewing tobacco products since many years. What can I do suffering this problem?
Hello, I am married few months ago. I and my husband stayed in 2 different countries after marriage, so there was no physical relationship. Now we are together and I am not ready for kids now as I want to spend some time with him, where as my husband is against using any precautions. And he has an opinion of following the natural process. I do not want more time but, to spend at least 3-4 months before planning for a baby. Please suggest the precautions I can take!
I'm 34 single unmarried, after breakup wit my engaged one girl, m feel so sad n frustrated wat I try to manage n come out wit this situation. Pls.
Hii Doctor, I have a problem I was very shy from childhood and never talk to any person by eye contact specially stranger but now the problem is that I can not talk any female by eye contact my eyes goes to wrong way like her breast so this way I can not go for a interview but I am not that kind of person who think about sex, I can not face any female by eye contact, my eye divert to her body part so that make me feeling strange, that insert some negativity in my body and I can not keep any female relationship, how can I uproot this problem, so that I can talk any female eye to eye with positivity, should I concentrate in mirror and see my own eye.
Hello doctor. I was smoking and drinking regularly. Like a chain smoker and drunker. Now I stopped drinking and stopping smoking slowly. What are the foods I have to take to get back my health healthy. Pls suggest me.
My teeth got misaligned and gums started decaying because of chewing tobacco and smoking can I get white smile back?
I am 28 years old fem suffering from pcod. My mood swings a lot and I feel lot of anger and depression sometime how to manage it.
Hi Doc, My age is 24+. Doc, from the last 6 months I'm totally feeling stressed because I lost my job due to some reason & I knew that from the very first day, my mind is not relaxed & I can't concentrate any other activities or stuffs. I always feel very irritating & boring, I'm loosing my interests from all of my currents works that I have to do. My mind is not focused for that reason I can't find another good job like the previous one. I am an IT Employee since 2014. Doc, please help me what to do?
Hi I am looking out for the Psychiatrist where I am suffering from stress, tension, depression and often I will get more hurt for small things and I am not able to trust the near and dear one whom I used to trust them more.
I am a MBBS doctor preparing for pg entrance. M on duloxetine 20 mg since 3 months m getting suicidal thoughts because of my relationship problems n I am very stressed and not interested in this medicine please help me with proper guidance and how do I stop this medicine.
The mind or the brain is the master computer, the site of our consciousness, thoughts and memories. We often tend to think of our mind as a separate entity, but the mind and the body are linked and just like our body, the mind too is susceptible to illnesses. The idea of mental illness makes us feel vulnerable and helpless and we dismiss the possibility of mental illness as something that “will not happen to me” or “is in my control”. But like all other illnesses, mental disorders too, are ultimately not in our control. More importantly, they are readily treatable with medications and therapy.
Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions/disorders that affect our mood, thinking and behavior. They include depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, eating disorders, alcohol/drugs abuse and many others. All of us feel sad, anxious, stressed and have occasional sleepless nights. So when does a mental health concern become a problem? When the signs and symptoms persist and affect our regular day-to-day activities, it’s probably time to seek help.
Awareness is the first step to treatment. Learning about the signs and symptoms will allow you to seek help early and get back to a healthy and happy life.
If several of the following symptoms are recurring, it is advisable to consult a mental health professional.
1. Withdrawal: Recent social withdrawal and lack of interest in others are a common sign that you may have a problem in hand.
2. Drop in functioning: There is a sudden unusual drop in functioning at school, work or other social activities such as withdrawing from sports, failing in school or difficulty in performing ordinary tasks.
3. The problem with thinking: You face complications with concentration, memory or rational thoughts and speech that are hard to explain.
4. Increased sensitivity: There is a heightened sensitivity to sights, sounds, smells or physical contact and a tendency to avoid stimulating situations.
5. Apathy: There is a loss of desire or initiative to participate in any social activity.
6. Feeling disconnected: You experience a vague feeling of detachment from yourself or your surrounding and a sense of unreality encircles you (paranoia or hallucinations).
7. Illogical thinking: You have an exaggerated belief about your personal powers to understand meanings or influence events. You suffer from irrational or magical thinking, typical of childhood in an adult.
8. Nervousness: You have a feeling of fear, you are skeptical of others or have a strong nervous feeling.
9. Sleep or appetite changes: You experience sleep disorders, significant tiredness and appetite changes and even decline in personal care.
10. Mood swings: There are rapid or dramatic shifts in feelings ranging from excessive anger; hostility or violence to suicidal thoughts. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.