Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. ShilpaYour feedback matters!
My mental condition are becoming worse I have an IQ of 118 but sometimes I could not do anything even simple addition. I am feeling alone sometimes I get sleep at 9pm and another day I sleep at 1pm. I forget my lunch also and my brain ask me that you will die on tomorrow. I am a mental patients? What should I do?
Sir mai bahut stress mai rehta hu job ko lekar. Meri memory bhi slow ho gayi hai jis wajah se mujhe yaad kam rehta hai. Mai kya kru.
Hi sir, im 22 years old. My pennis size is tooo small (1.5 inches flaccid) when compared to others and erected size also too small about 3-4 inches and girth also so less. I'm getting depressed every time when I see it. How can I overcome this problem? I had a surgery to my pennis when am 10 years old.
I am 37 years female suffering frm mental disturbance. I usually forget things. Its rm lst 5/6 months. I go to market n sometimes forget why I came here. I can't even concentrate on things .I hv lost faith in god tooo. please help.
I lost somebody closed last year since then I am feeling depression. So what am I do? Please help me.
Hi I don' t want to live i am abused and tortured. Please help me. My family loves me a lot. But I just want to run away from every one. A lot has happend in last 3 years. Please help
I am 47 years of age. I am taking 200 mg*i.e 2*tablets eltroxin and had hashimtos thyroid after my delivery in 2000. Last month my tsh was 4.02 but total cholesterol was 225*and fasting sugar was 109. How can I reduce my cholesterol.
Hi doctors, my dad was a smoker, so that his teeth is not in good color, is there any way to make my dads teeth whiten, now he quits smoking. Please suggest me. Thanks in advance.
Hi sir good evening Today I am asking about a human body benefits when consumption of limited Rum, beer, wine etc. Sir tell me any side effect or any benefits of these drinks in limited consumption Thanks Pradeep.
I have some short of depression like I am addicted to tobbaco. I eat medicine then eat tobacco so it doesn't improve my health. Can you suggest me some action to come out of this situation?
Hello doctor, I have some strange feeling of guilty,I keep thinking that I made a mistake which cannot be corrected , so this feeling is killing me inside, I keep thinking about this all the time. Can you suggest me what I should do to get rid of this and lead a normal life?
I am 20 years old and student. I have some serious issues these days. 2-3 years before I was fine but now a days I can't remember much things specifically names and information. I get lost in words to convey what I m trying to say. So this is my problem you can suggest something its better. Am I losing my nerve cells or what?
Hi if any one take alprax extra dose what will happen can you tell me what is the use of this tablet for some one said me she take one full sheet is this possible or not ?
I am 24 year old working girl. I can not concentrate on anything. Help me eliminate the noise in my head. I feel tired all the time. I am sad all the time. I do not care Bout anything. Sometimes I want to jump into river, or lock myself out just to have some peace. I am tired of making excel sheets. Help me. I feel I can not breath.
With today’s lifestyle, it is almost impossible to avoid stress. Each person experiences stress in a different way and can tolerate different levels of stress. For some work is a source of stress while for others it could be strained relationships or financial trouble. Stress, if not dealt correctly can harm a person mentally, emotionally and physically. Stress can also make a person age faster. Hence. it becomes essential to understand how to deal with the wear and tear of stress.
- Cut back on caffeine, alcohol and nicotine: Stress can fasten your heartbeat and lead to anxiousness and depression. Turning to nicotine, alcohol or any form of caffeinated drink may temporarily make you feel better but will worsen the situation in the long run. This is because all three of them are considered stimulants. Instead hydrate your body with plenty of water, fresh fruits juices and herbal teas.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is beneficial for a healthy mind and body. Exercising give you some time to yourself and gives you a break from whatever may be triggering your stress. Stress also causes the release of hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol. This can make you jumpy and tense. However, by exercising these hormones can be put to use and your body can be brought back to a calmer state.
- Talk to someone: Stress can lead to anxiety and depression. This can make you socially withdrawn and lead to even more stress. Hence, it is essential to find someone who you can open up to and share your thoughts and experience with. This will also help you make better decisions as stress can cloud your judgement.
- Get a good night’s sleep: Stress can affect your sleep cycles and make you either an insomniac or make you sleep excessively. In both cases, you wake up feeling tired and sans any energy to take on the next day. Give yourself a routine of going to bed and waking up at the same time every day to fight these effects of stress and to give your mind time to refresh itself. It will also help to avoid watching television or working on laptops or mobiles for an hour before going to bed.
- Prioritize: Seeing a never ending to-do list is one of the most common stress triggers. In such situations, stress can make you unable to complete your tasks efficiently and you’re left either feeling overworked or with an even longer to-do list for the next day. Hence, it is important to learn to prioritise tasks and get them done one at a time. Also, learn to say ‘NO’ to people when you know you do not have the time to take on additional tasks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Sir Good morning My son 6 years old suffering tongue tied problem he can take long & slowly. With out operation can problem is solved.
I have stammering problem since My birth, but it doesn't effect on my life, but from past year it becomes a big problem. I can't talk a single sentence without being stammer, what should I do?
The field of positive psychology explains this. Research says, one of the signature strengths that such people have is" gratitude. Gratitude makes them take better care of themselves physically and mentally. It also makes people engage in more proactive and healthy way. It promotes the motivation for exercise, healthy diet and willingness to wriggle out of any negative situations in life. It helps boost your immune system. Since it makes you more optimistic and alert, you cope better with stress and feel healthier.
How to have an attitude of gratitude?
1) be mindful of what you have - being thankful for very small things actually bring a great amount of joy. Have gratitude for small things like sunlight, rain, flowers, a cup of tea, a caring spouse, a child's laughter. It gives us the resilience to cope with tougher situations.
2) keep a gratitude journal - every night before going to bed, write down" what was the best thing that happened to you that day. It fosters better sleep and a sense of well being and satisfaction.
3) reframe challenging situations - it's not the situation but our perception of the situation that makes it challenging. You can reframe your reactions and respond by saying that" I may have a very demanding boss, but I have become more organized, patient. It will help you to attend to your work and be cheerful.
4) practice saying thank you - it's very simple. When you buy a bus ticket, just smile and say'thank you. Feel the first raindrops on your face and smile in gratitude for all the life it brings.
5) focus your attention outwards - according to emmons, a us psychology professor, people who are more aware of the positives in their lives tend to focus their attention outside of themselves. They feel complete, satisfied and fulfilled in their lives and are capable of helping the less fortunate ones.
If you have any questions, please click on" consult privately.