Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Ms. Shabana MsYour feedback matters!
Making brain feel sluggish or drowsy or exhausted depends on the interplay between few brain chemical norepinephrine dopamine n serotonin. Norepinephrine and dopamine make you alert and serotonin makes you calm and drowsy. Food for a good concentration level. Egg, sprouts, fish, flax seed, walnut improve brain performance and prevent brain illness Alzheimer, depression. Antioxidant-rich fruit and veg like apple, strawberries, mangos, lemon, are great for brain. Vitamin b complex, beta carotene n vit c are important in preventing free radical damage of the brain. They also play a vital role in energy generation in preserving attention n memory.
I do not have proper concentration on things properly, I forget the things also and also feel like tired on daily basis. I use to sleep for around 8 hours, please tell me the solution and help me.
Is Omega 3 can be taken in order to reduce Anxiety and Sleep related symptoms? I read lot about its benefits. Can you prescribe which one safe to take?
Hi sir I am 19 year old. I am student but in now days I fell that I have lost my memory. How can I get it back. If I read anything it should be cleaned in 2 or 3 hours and when rewise it can be remebred. Please give me suluation.
Dear sir/ma'am, v r having a 6 1/2 years old kid. She is studying 2nd standard. She often suffers from severe cold, cough and high fever (103'F and above. She gets almost once or twice in a month. V hv consulted so many doctors. But there is no change in the situation. Even now also she is suffering from the same fever nd cold. Pls. Pls suggest me what to do? Antibiotics were used every time v went to a pediatrician. But I think cold is a viral infection?
I know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day, but still it pains regularly, what to do?
Hi My younger brother is 20 years old He is not sharing any doubts or any thing he is thinking in his mind. He want to live alone. Why like he lives. What I can do? He can share his feelings with me. He is not sharing right now. When I ask him how he is. He just hate that question. And get angry. If I told him to come with me to Dr. then also he got angry he told "muze kuch nhi hua me Dr. k pas kyu aau Dr. se muze nafrat h. O papa ko nhi bacha paye muze kya bachayenge" I am so confused why he behave like that what it means. He want to die. He is in depression I asked with one my friend he told me talk with him. If he will share his feelings then it will easy to treat but as I try he is not sharing anything. Just thinking lonely . Any one please help me and tell what I can do so he can share his feelings. What type of talking I can do with. some time don't like to talk with. What I can do that time? please any one suggest. I am in too much tension regarding my brother.
My friend 29 years old male has taken 50avil tabs and after few minutes he vomited, got seizures for 5 minutes. He was admitted in ICU and had fever, hallucination problem. Later after 5 days he was discharged but still he has memory issues in remembering passwords and things. Is anything serious with him now.
Hello ma'am/sir my question is that I have a speech problem due to which I am not able to spell some word correctly, please advice me some steps so that I can improve my this problem as soon as possible, I am 20 year old male person. Please tell me some remedial steps ti improve my speech problem.
Anger is an emotion found in every human being. There is nothing wrong with being angry. However, if it gets out of hand there might be serious consequences. Knowing a few things about anger management might help the next time you are struggling to manage anger.
The Wrong Approach
Before knowing, what are the right things to do, it is necessary to know what doesn’t work well. This will give a better insight on anger management.
- Often, we think suppressing anger might be the right thing to do. But, it is not. Trying not to react to a situation and keeping it under wraps, might affect your health and can even be the root cause of heart disease. However, suppressing it often lessens the intensity of the anger.
- Just like suppressing it is not a good idea, venting it out completely is not the right approach as well. Venting might help you to cool down faster later on, but initially, it might hurt the other person and also have a negative impact on health. Venting anger occasionally will also make the person aggressive in nature.
- Thinking or using words like always, never, should/shouldn’t, must/mustn’t do not usually help. Thinking about ‘he should never talk to me like that’ or ‘they are always being unfair to me’, brings about negativity and doesn’t help in calming down.
The Right Approach
- Counting to 10, the age old approach to anger management often helps in cooling down and giving a clear perspective. When we are angry, we end up saying and doing things we don’t mean to. Counting gives us some time and helps us calm down a bit.
- Breathe slowly when you are angry, say experts. Instead of talking or reacting to the situation, just breathe in and out slowly. When you breathe out more, your body will calm down and make you relax.
- Talk to someone who understands you when you are angry. Instead of venting out or suppressing it, talk it out with a friend or a family member. Tell them your feelings and why you are angry. This will help you a lot in relaxing. It works as a counselling session.
- To manage anger, in the long run, one should always lead a healthy lifestyle. It means not just having a healthy diet, but also having proper sleep, not being stressed about anything, doing exercise, etc.
- Doing something creative often takes your mind away from angry feelings. Join a dance class, an art workshop, start keeping a journal, it will definitely help in the long run.
- Leave the place immediately for few moments and drink water slowly when angry. Don't prolong the anger, come back and start conversation normally. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.