Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Savitha JohnYour feedback matters!
I am vegetarian .I got memory loss. As per alopathic doctor's version my memory is comparably old age person memory. Due to work pressure I take 1strip of anxit 0.5 mg.Now I won't take this tablet. What is the ayurvedic medicine available in market for my memory loss.
I feel very disconnected to the world. I can't live the moment. I feel there is something with my brain that hinders me to live in the moment and I constantly lose attention. I am physically somewhere and mentally elsewhere 95% of the time. Earlier I thought it to be ADHD but then some told me that could be the traits of sociopathy or psychopathy. It's very difficult for me to do the day to day task since I'm constantly searching for focus. I've no social life and added low self confidence and low self esteem makes me even more miserable. Above all, visiting psychiatrist will give rise to so many questions from friends and family that I might not be able to answer. So, considering these tiny things, please suggest the solution for the same. Thank you.
Dear doctor, because of stress or chronic anxiety, will one's body skin get affected? My skin is looking very dull without shining. And I'm losing weight as well.
M suffering from stomach related problem since February this year. M not able to digest my lunch time food properly and I have to rush to the bathroom to poop for the second time in a day. This is happening daily. I have taken antibiotics which helped me to get relief but that was short lived. The problem came back after 4 to 5 days when I had to remain empty stomach for 2 hours. Moreover ; stress seems to worsen the situation. Please help me.
Sir, I'm 20 year old. I have hearing and speech problem from 6 year. I take BTE Aids in both ear from AIIMS, DELHI but I feeling that it's no useful. please help me sir. Thnx.
I lost somebody close last year and since then fell very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time. Please help me.
I am suffering from a condition called anxiety neurosis. Is this curable. My main problem is I am not able to be in a place for more than 5 minutes. Does the above tablets give erectile dysfunction as side affects. Thank u.
What are the main process to control jaundice? What was the main process to control cigarette smoking?
Hi. I just got back on citalopram after switching to Escitalopram on Dec 8 of last year. I was on Citalopram for many years for anxiety and I was pretty much stable with bouts of anxiety here and there but was always able to bounce back. I experienced a very anxious event in early Dec which.
How to cope with my son with deep depression. Having tab rexipra 20 mg daily morning. Since past 7 months. How much time needed for him to get out of this state.
I have gotten very addicted to my phone after my depression especially. I think it is leading to my lower concentration and weaker memory. I want to get over with this addiction. What should I do?
I have some problem I think always sexual dreams day and night so what should I do so how to control my problem I can not concentrate my study so please sent me some tips.
Hai. I use to smoke for 8 years. I smoke nearly 8 to 10 cigarettes per day. Now I am in mode to quit smoking, but I am replacing with e-cigarette nicotine level 16mg. I would like know is e-cigarette also harmful like normal cigarette?
Are you suffering from depression and it is hampering your daily life and activities? Are you so sad and preoccupied that you cannot focus on the brighter side of life? Depression is capable of causing great stress, anxiety and can even make you suicidal. There are many ways by which you can cure depression, and get back to a healthy life, with a healthy and untroubled mind. They are as follows:
- Stay in touch with people: You must not withdraw from everyday life and isolate yourself. This actually makes things worse for you. Instead, you should socialize and keep in touch with people. This will enable you to share your feelings with others and improve your mood.
- Stay active: Depression may make you tired and stressed, and you may not feel like getting up. However, you should stay active by taking up some form of workout. This is likely to improve your state of mind. Start with walking for 20 minutes every day, if you have not been in touch with regular exercise for a long time.
- Stand up to your fears: Instead of succumbing to your fears and avoiding them, you need to face them strongly. When feeling low and stressed out, it is likely for you to avoid other people, abstain from going out, or travelling. If you face such situations, do not give in to them. Instead try to oppose them.
- Do not drink too much: Alcohol may seem like a good solution for keeping away from your depression and negative thoughts. However, you must not drink excessively for coping with your problem, as this is capable of making you even more depressed instead of solving your problem. Alcohol should be avoided in depression as it is a CNS depressant and may worsen depression. Exercise increases endorphins and BDNF which are natural mood elevators.
- Maintain a healthy diet: When you are suffering from depression, it is likely for you to develop food aversion, which might result in undesirable weight loss. Some people find a resort in food and become overweight by overeating. Several medicines for treating depression also affect your appetite negatively. If you want to avoid the extremes of eating more or eating less, you need to consult a GP and get an ideal diet chart, which will keep you healthy.
- Get a professional treatment: In case your depression does not improve and if you feel like harming yourself, it is important for you to talk to your doctor. There are several treatment procedures for depression, which include talk therapy, self-help measures, and anti-depressant medicines.
There are plenty of ways by which you can get over depression. You should start making some major changes to your regular lifestyle, make a daily routine for yourself, and try to realize that both good and bad are a part of life, which you cannot change or avoid. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Drug addiction is one of the social menaces and in most people, what starts off as a result of peer pressure and trying to be cool ends up affecting lives significantly. It is not just social, but also affects financial, physical, emotional, and social well-being. The small periods of happiness given by the drug is followed by months and years of torment.
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) has identified that drug addiction causes chemical and structural changes in the brain, leading to dangerous and self-destructive behaviours. The brain’s response to stimulus like pleasure, joy, happiness, and pain are altered with constant drug abuse. For instance, the neurotransmitter called dopamine, which makes one feel good, is usually produced by the brain in small amounts. However, drugs increase this level to 2 to 10 times more, making the person feel extremely high and happy. Since the body is unable to reach the highest level of happiness on its own, the dependency on these drugs to feel good increases.
Repeated use of the drugs leads to increased dependency, wherein the brain refuses to feel good without reaching those high levels of dopamine. The issue is mostly seen in teenagers and young adults but can be seen in any age group.
October 2 is recognised as National Anti-Drug Addiction Day and nationwide campaigns and drives are done to help people overcome addiction. One of the main reasons a drive this size is required is because of the social stigma attached to the problem. Most families shun away from recognising it as a problem that can be easily treated, and so the affected person is sucked deeper into the problem.
Overcoming addiction: One of the main success factors for treating addiction is for the affected person to recognise that he or she is addicted and needs to get rid of the problem.
- There are national toll-free helplines that are set up, which can guide through the whole program. This way, if required, anonymity is maintained and support for overcoming addiction is increased.
- It involves a group effort involving the affected person, family and friends, medical and clinical personnel, and counsellors in some cases.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy: The person is made conscious of the change in behaviour and the way drugs affect it. Healthier patterns to be happy and joyful are discussed.
- In most cases, the underlying reason for reaching out to drugs needs to be addressed also to prevent relapse.
- Group therapies where the person makes friends who have faced similar issues and overcome the problem. This increases their accountability and commitment to getting rid of the problem.
Drug abuse is a national social menace and needs more free admittance and management.