Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. PadmaYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. Is nicotix is useful for quiting cigret. I am smoker and want to quit smoke or any other way to quit please guide me. Thanks n regards.
I went to neurologist in 2013. He prescribed me antidepressants for 6 months; as a result of that I suffer from depression symptoms. Now whom should I consult? I suffer from many symptoms now.
From my last breakup i. E happened 2 years I feel like everything is over for me I feel depressed every time and I do not knw what happened suddenly to me I have fear of everything, I feel like I can not do anything can not achieve anything in my life what to do in this situation. How to deal with it. How to overcome from this.
If I swallow the garlic is it cures the night fall problem? please answer me my age is 19 I didn't addicted to alcohols.Please tell.
Sir, I am 21 year old, when I want to study for sometime I tired please do something to make concentrate on my study for futures?
While it is true that all our egos need some boosting from time to time, constantly nursing it to feel too proud about oneself and being too self-indulgent does not help. In plain words, that is what a narcissist does. The term finds its roots in Greek mythology where Narcissus was so absorbed with himself. This gradually got converted to Narcissism to indicate people (who, like him) became too self-obsessed.
By definition, it is applied to people who have a long-term pattern of grandiosity above themselves, either in fantasy or in actual behaviour. They constantly seek admiration, are too self-indulgent, and have a great degree of apathy towards almost everybody else.
The following are some traits that are usually found in people with this personality.
- They are preoccupied with fantasies where they see themselves with unlimited power, beauty, success, and brilliance.
- Have a false perception of superiority and do not associate with most people
- Completely lack apathy and do not usually connect with the feelings of people around them
- Have a grandiose opinion about themselves and think they are super-important in the lives of everybody around them
- Expect appreciation and praise, even if not worthy of it
- Think of themselves as special and unique
- Are considered arrogant and haughty by most people who associate with them
- Constantly seeks admiration and compliments
- Prone to exploiting relationships
- Enjoy flattery
- Inability to accept even small rejections
- Inability to take criticism
- Deep hidden feeling of insecurity and low self-esteem
- Can be very defensive and try to prove their point
- Fear of humiliation
- Very vulnerable, especially to rejections, humiliations
- Get enraged without specific reason to feel better and put down the other person
- If someone contradicts their view point, there could be major argument and even physical assault
- A combination of these features usually causes problems in relationships and friendships and affects their overall personal and professional lives. It is more common in males, and tends to decrease with age.
While initially narcissist may come across as extremely confident personalities, slowly it comes across as much more than that. While they do feel confident, at times, the confidence may not be true. It is just that feeling of self-importance which makes them to believe that what they are doing is right.
Causes: While there is no single cause leading to someone developing this personality, a combination of genetic, social, and psychological factors leads to this condition. Excessive pampering and/or criticism also can lead to this.
Treatment: This usually requires long-term counselling with people who are trained in handling such cases. They need to become less self-indulgent and more empathetic towards others, which takes time, but is not impossible.