Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Ms. Ms. Swati SapkaleYour feedback matters!
I remain ok all time as exam came I got lost my sleep and even seeing other girls studying I feel more depressed n not able to concentrate n study I am a topper student but due to my this habit I got less Mark in final ,now I am preparing for md exam.
My sis is mentally week. Can she be treated with hypnosis? sis got shocked by seeing something. From then she is mentally ill.
Doctor I am a teacher I have sour throat and change voice. Every 1 year any body suggest good medicine for me to cure sour throat and bring my original voice. Kindly give my good medicine doctor as soon as possible. Thanks. & Regards Hussain.
I am vani 37 yrs. I am very depressed due to my husband past affair. But I came to know only two years later. But I can not accepf. He say I din do any thing its sll lie. But thevlady says he used three times.
Cam GID (gender identity disorder) be cured? I mean can that feeling be treated to not to undergo transition?
I will use cigarette so I use 3 cigarettes per day I started it about 2 years so is it causes any problem.
The patient complains of pain in whole body from many days, remains in seclusion and lost appetite. Sometimes gets too angry and have no zeal to carry out day to day house work.
I am given medicines for schizophrenia though I feel I do not belong to that category. What to do, they are also increasing the dosage of Amisulpride to check the maximum limit of 400 mg *twice a day. How can I get rid of the doctor's treatment for a non-entity and be free from Medicines?
Social networking refers to a multitude of websites that let the people from across the globe to get in touch with each other and interact through photos, videos discussions or audio. To name a few, Facebook tops the list by having over 1.2 billion active users monthly from across the world, followed by Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
As per the latest statistics, around 42% of populace online at one time, is using social networking sites either on their laptops or mobiles. Majority of this population is below 30 years of age, whereas the figure is changing for internet users aged 65 years and above. People use these sites to stay in touch with family and friends, to share things, express their views on matters and to find out what's happening in the other corner of the world.
But this usage can have many negative effects on the mental health and well-being of users both children and adults.
- It is addictive: It has been analyzed that these social networking sites are often addictive with people using them daily or even several times during a day. They log in to these sites for many reasons like to overcome boredom, distraction, to check their likes and comments which are usually a positive support after posting a status or information.
- It makes us do unfair comparisons: Various posts on social media at times make people compare their lives with others. And it is said, the grass is always greener on the other side, it makes you feel low thinking how idealized are the lives of people connected to you.
- Social media makes us restless: Many people start feeling restless when they are unable to access their social media accounts.
- Cyberbullying: Social media increases cyberbullying specifically in adolescents.
- Increased use of Alcohol: Social media glamorizes the use of drugs and alcohol since the teenagers often view the pictures of people using it and out of peer pressure would like to try them.
- Social media increases unhappiness: Enthusiastic users feel that social media fluctuates their moods also leaving them dissatisfied in their lives.
- FOMO: It might also lead to FOMO, fear of missing out. Pinterest might give you a feeling that you are not creative or talented, Twitter and Facebook might make you feel that you are not smart and are not enjoying your life enough.
Excess of social networking might also lead to problems like anxiety, feeling of imperfection, may induce a feeling of being miserable or in some cases might even cripple the basic need for social interaction. It has been known to create a digital landscape has exerts an unnecessary and increased pressure on the generation today and the general population has to a larger extent.