Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
I have two moles (black spots) on face m loosing confident everywhere. Am also depressed many times a day. Pls tell me any ways to remove that mole black spots.
Friendship is the fuel that keeps life interesting. Imagine a robotic life where you do not have anyone with whom you can chill or unwind at the end of the day. Friends are people with whom you can be yourself without having to worry about needs and requirements or judgements, at least most of the time. They are the layer that lies between your family and the rest of the world and provide you with a balance of sorts as far as insights, outsider perspective, advice for meeting challenges and unadulterated enjoyment go.
But many times, extreme shyness and an introvert nature can stop people from making friends easily. So how can you initiate friendships and keep them close? Here are a few tips!
- Understand Shyness: First of all, understand why you may be shy and how it makes your brain work. Shyness strips you of your security when you are faced with a new place or face. Also, it can lead to dismissive or avoidant behaviour, which keeps us from approaching people and learning more about them. Also, it keeps us anxious and preoccupied and makes us think that we will be met with rejection if we try to initiate friendship. Sounds vaguely familiar? Read on to know more.
- Eye Contact and First Impressions: The first way to initiate a new friendship is by making eye contact and following it up with a smile before the person in question averts his or her gaze. This is an unspoken language that is almost always answered similarly.
- Greeting: You can now approach the person and start by saying hello. It may be someone whom you have been seeing on your way to class or in the office cafeteria or even someone who lives in your building. So chances are, that this person would have noticed you too. Introduce yourself and ask for the person's name.
- Acknowledgement: Use the person's name often to show that you are acknowledging the friendship and ensuring that a bond begins to settle between the two of you from the word go. Offer to introduce this new friend to your other friends as further acknowledge of this new friendship.
- Information: In a new friendship, it is crucial to find common grounds without breaking the barriers of privacy. So ensure that you ask neutral questions about hobbies, family, education, work and other such issues without asking the when, where, what and how of things that might have to be explained by sharing personal details. In this way the person in front becomes more comfortable.
Be aware of the reasons that stop you and build your confidence when it comes to approaching people for friendship!
Please tell me how to improve my memory power. I am in a big trouble only because of this. It seems as if one hour for me is equal to three hours. Please help me out. Thanks!
Hi, i am 24 years old, I'm addicted to internet. I'm using iy quite often. Due to to this I'm unable to concentrate on studious. How to overcome from this?
Mother using nitrosun 10 because of some stress she did not sleep properly she take only one pill in nyt and that pill don't work so how many pills he has to take.
I am 37 love failure getting depressed. Every time unknowingly even I am busy I am unable to forget her . To forget her I make my self engage in work . Still no able to forget.
I know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day, but still it pains regularly, what to do? Please let me know.
Hi Thoughts frequently got stuck in my mind and I remain keep thinking about them. How to get rid of stuck thoughts.
I lost somebody close last year and since then fell very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all time please help me.
I get angry in a few seconds and become violent towards any my family members and friends please suggest me how could I control on my self.
I am still suffering from speech problem mainly when I speak fast and also feel stress, after I had my tongue tie surgery 2 years ago ,so what should I do to improve my speech.
Medical Detoxification is a process that systematically and safely withdraws people from addicting drugs, usually under the care of a physician. Drinking alcohol or using drugs can cause physical dependence over time and stopping them can result in withdrawal symptoms in people with this dependence. The detoxification process is designed to treat the immediate bodily effects of stopping drug use and to remove toxins left in the body as a result of the chemicals found in drugs and/or alcohol.
While at the present time, no proven pharmacologic therapy for cocaine addiction exists, several kinds of medications have been used in the detoxification of cocaine. Withdrawal from chronic cocaine use produces anxiety, depression and intense cravings for the drug. Several types of medications address these issues in different ways.
Antidepressant drugs such as desipramine or a combination of phentermine and fenfluramine have been used to reduce cocaine withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety and depression. Benzodiazepines, tranquilizers such as Diazepam, have been used to reverse anxiety induced by cocaine withdrawal. Amantadine, a drug used to treat Parkinson's Disease, may be an effective treatment for cocaine-dependent patients with severe cocaine withdrawal symptoms and may reduce cocaine craving. Bromocriptine, a drug that works on the brain's dopamine system, has been used to decrease the craving for cocaine during detoxification and to reduce mood disturbance.
Propanolol, a beta-blocker drug used to treat high blood pressure, may be useful for severe cocaine withdrawal symptoms, as it slows down the effects of adrenaline, thereby calming the body's "fight or flight" response to stressful situations. This type of drug has been used to treat general anxiety and anxiety associated with alcohol withdrawal. Propranolol's lessening of symptoms such as palpitations and sweating has helped reduce cocaine craving. Its use, however, is not risk free in patients who have taken cocaine and can be associated with decreased blood flow to the heart and other changes that predispose patients to arrhythmia and a severe increase in blood pressure that can lead to a stroke. Delayed toxic effects are possible. Any use of beta-blockers in this setting requires careful monitoring and caution