Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Ms. Sowmya H S
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Ms. Sowmya H SYour feedback matters!
age 45, weight 49 kg. Dr. I am suffering all 4 problems like mental stress, anxiety, loneliness and fear about future. My mind always speaking. My children (21 years and 16 years old) is not listen my words. My husband not live with us last 6 years, but I have no job. So I become irritating and frustrating. Pl guide me what can I do. Is I take medicine like aconitum napellus, arsenicum album, phosphorus, kali-arsenicum which you describe suffering physical and mental stress. Pl Dr. Suggest me. Thanks.
Please tell me some medicine for finish stress I take so much stress thats why my hair loss and its turning in white my age is 29.
Hi, Bachpan se mere mom dad mujh par bhut shk (doubt) krte h Mujhe ghar se bahar nahi Jane dete kahi nahi Jane dete ab mai kafi frustrated ho gaya hu. Please suggest.
Hi I wanna know 1 thing and that is I always or I frequently get very angry as well as aggressive in small fights or even when somebody do not complete my wish etc so now I wanna know that is this is the symptom of any mental illness or not.
I am sometimes depressed. Dont know what is wrong with me. I am in love but that irritates me some times. I am also mad about work. I gets irritated soon with my girlfriend this days. I need freedom but dont get.PLease do help me.
I am a 64 years Male , having ED problem and low libido ,Went to urologist and they gave me medicines for anxiety and got my testosteronelevels checked they were normal , Can you help?
Dear sir/madam,I am having 16 year old daughter, studying in 11th standard, distracted by his goal, using her mobile for chat with her friends 4 to 5 hours in a day. I tried so many time to cure this but I fail. I don't know what to do. Please suggest what I do for her so she will understand me.
Do you have the habit of breaking into violent outbursts, accompanied by repeated episodes of impulsive, violent, and aggressive behavior? These are indications of intermittent explosive disorder, which makes you react grossly in a situation. Such violent outbursts can cause great distress to you, by negatively affecting your daily activities and personal relationships.
It is important to treat violent outbursts to avoid getting into big troubles, which are quite likely.
- Psychotherapy: Individual counseling or group therapy can be beneficial for treating violent outbursts. Cognitive behavioral therapy is commonly used for treating people suffering from intermittent explosive disorder. You are taught how to identify behaviors and situations, which might trigger you to respond aggressively. You are also taught about anger management, using techniques like relaxation training.
- Medicines: Several different types of medications are used for treating violent outbursts. They include antidepressants and anticonvulsant mood stabilizers.
How can you control your anger?
- Unlearn problem behavior: Coping well with anger can be learned. You need to practice all the methods you learn during the therapy. This helps you to recognize what triggers you and how to keep away from being triggered.
- Develop a plan: You should develop an action plan for the times when you feel that you are getting very angry. If you sense that you are losing control, you must try to get away from the situation. Find ways to distract yourself.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs: Alcohol and other recreational drugs increase your aggressiveness and trigger your violent nature. Hence, keep away from them.
- Take preventive steps: In order to keep away from violent outbursts while you are under treatment, you should take several preventive steps. They are as follows:
- Stick to your treatment plan: You must attend your therapy sessions, practice coping skills, and take your prescribed medicines regularly. Maintenance medications may be prescribed for avoiding recurrence of violent outbursts.
- Practice relaxations techniques: You must practice yoga, deep breathing, and take the help of relaxing imagery to keep yourself calm.
- Cognitive restructuring: You need to change the ways you think about a certain situation by thinking rationally. You should be logical and must learn to have reasonable expectations. These help you in positively reacting to a situation.
For dealing with violent outbursts, it is important for you to change your environment. Try to leave certain situations to which you reacted violently in the past. You need time on your own, and should take a peaceful break in order to normalize your impulsive nature.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!