Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Ms. Ms. Sowmya H SYour feedback matters!
I have ulcer's in my mouth, and my mouth doesn't open full. And it has become whole white from inside. I smoke cigarettes and eat supari.
In this fast-moving world, there is no room for self. Growth of IT firms and other long-hour demanding work has led to compromises in your lifestyle - long hours in front of computer, sleeplessness, late-night sleeping, quick bites, leaving us with emotions of anger, anxiety, stress and so on. This is a major reason why people today are hypertensive.
Diseases due to Hypertension: Tension and stress are the building blocks of numerous serious ailments like cardiovascular diseases, asthma, spondylitis (back pain) and grey hair. You may also suffer from gastritis leading to ulcer.
Natural ways to treat Hypertension : Ideally, tension and stress are not diseases. If you can control these, you can control the conditions that take root because of them. Naturopathic (or alternative medicine) treatments for tension and stress are most ideal.
Here are some natural ways to treat hypertension.
- Sleep well: An adult should sleep for a minimum of 7-8 hours daily. Your body cells rejuvenate while you are in a relaxed state. Many jobs demand late-night work or night shift work. However, your body is meant to sleep early at night. Instead of working late night, you can start your work early.
- Eat right: Stress leads to elevated levels of sugar in your body. Try to avoid sugary content food. Your body needs balanced diet of proteins, carbohydrates, less of fats, and more of vitamins and minerals. For proteins, eat fish, eggs or white meat. For vegetarians, you can have soy, cereals and protein drinks. Diet must include milk products like yoghurt, milk, vegetables rich in minerals and vitamins and roughage (salads).
- Destressing exercises: Nowadays, most of the jobs demand sitting for long hours. Physical activity is one of the ways to de-stress your body. A 45-minute walk would also help. Alternatively, yoga or tai-chi type marital art helps to de-stress. Breathing techniques involved in meditation also play a vital role.
- Anger management: Develop patience. That would automatically lead to anger management at your workplace as well as at home. Be a good listener. Laughter therapy also helps as it releases many happy hormones in the body.
- Supplement for stress: This has to be the last tip when you do not perform the first four. Multivitamins containing vitamin B and minerals such as magnesium are recommended. You can count on certain herbs such as Ashwaganda, Ginseng, Rhodiola and St. John's Wort.
Despite following these tips, you may still face problems because every human is different and reaction to every remedy could be different. In such cases, approach for expert advice.
Hello Doctor, I had a protected sex on 11th may 2016 with a women don't know about her status but I have doubt that she is in sexually active with multiple partners. During sex I used condom and there is lots of blood and other liquid on it when I removed it some part of condom touched my open penis head. After that I was to anxious about hiv and did continues study about hiv and its symptoms on internet. After few weeks I felt continues headache, burning sensations, low fever, sore throat, white tongue with red bumps on it, extreme tiredness, brain fog kind of symptoms. One night I suffered from oral thrush (Candida growth) & mouth ulcers. I tested for hiv antibody next day (7th june 2016) came negative. After that my symptoms didn't stopped. I became more anxious. I tested again for hiv antibody one week later (16th june 2016) came negative again. After few days I visit an infectious diseases specialist he advised me for p24 ag / ab Eliza. This report also come negative (after 6 week of exposure) But still I am facing anxiety of hiv. Can't able to concentrate on my work. Please guide me I am dying. Thanks.
Whenever any handsome guy comes across, one types of attraction and homosexuality develops in the mind. And which keeping mind unstable. Please guide how to get rid of this?
I have been taking medications for depression and anxiety for past 6 years. I am lot better and does not go to any extremes now. But always worried, anxious. Hypervigilance, over thinking and no night sleep. (sleeping only at day time) what can I do to get optimal mental health for normal functioning.
I'm 22 years old male. I'm suffering with a severe problem that I didn't get sleep in the night from last 4 months. I'm getting dreams in the night to morning which are really bad. This effects my next day and I'm unable to concentrate on anything. How can I get rid of this problems? Please help me out. I have habit of thinking more about any issue.
I was a smoke for my past last 1 year and now I suddenly quit its been past 2 days and I am feeling very low and depressed what should I do?
Kissing has several benefits than it may seem, sure, it feels great, but apart from that, it also lowers your blood pressure. It further releases epinephrine hormone into your blood which allows your heart to pump blood faster and hence reduces the amount of the bad cholesterol. Here are a few reasons as to why you must grab the person you love and kiss him or her as soon as possible:
- It helps reduce your blood pressure: Kissing dilates the blood vessels and this can in turn help reduce the levels of your blood pressure.
- Relieves headache and cramps: The dilatation effect on the blood vessels seems to have a pronounced effect in relieving pain. This includes headaches and cramps from menstrual pain.
- Fights cavities: The saliva production in your mouth increases when you kiss. The excess saliva production helps to wash away the germs and plaque that accumulate in your mouth over a period of time. On the contrary, the cavity forming germs can also be transmitted from the mouth of one person to the other.
- Helps by releasing your happy hormones: Kissing helps release a cocktail of hormones such as dopamine, serotonin and oxytocin that are responsible for giving you a happy high. It is not just the sense of happiness you get from it, but also the hormones released can help strengthen the bond with your partner. Your lips have a dense connection of nerve endings which elevate the sense of pleasure in a person.
- Burn calories: Does it substitute for a 2 mile jog? No. But studies have shown that a good session of intense kissing can help burn up to about 8 to 16 calories.
- Boosts your self-esteem: Research has shown that people who leave home with a good bye kiss are more likely to work better and be in a good mood for the entire day. It could be because of the sense of feeling loved and cared for that makes one happy. A kiss can boost your self-esteem and even make you more productive at work.
- Tones the muscles of your face: Kissing involves the muscles present in your face and jaw line. A vigorous smooch can allow those muscles to act up and shape them in the process.
- Check out the compatibility with your partner: Kissing can be an important factor to measure the initial attraction of a person. This could be so important that it is often noticed that if the first kiss is not up to the mark, it can be a great turn off. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.