Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Ms. Sowmya H SYour feedback matters!
My mental condition is not well now days because of personal issues. Getting angry soon. Shouting on every body. So many times I feel like to kill myself. Please suggest me how to get off from this depression.
Hi 30 years of an age having anxiety symptoms such as derealisation depersonalisation. Brain fog. Numbness of head. Panic disorder. Always remaining upset. Light headed. Fear of public. Since 3 n half years. I consulted psychiatrist for the same Dr. Has given me patroxta12. 5 vitamin d3 and toliclam 50 and I feel energetic after having all these tablet. Dr. has told me I ll be alright within 6 months from these medicine.
How Mental illness affects Your Physical Health?
Myself Dr. Milind Barhate, psychiatrist practicing in Mumbai since last 10yrs. Mental illness is the most common illness in the world.
Stress is one of the most important factor for causing psychological illnesses. People believe that stress is not a psychiatric problem and it is a part of life. That's why most person donot come for treatment. Some misbelieves about stress are there. Stress effects everything, it effects your mind, your body from head to toe, it effects everywhere. When it effects your mind it causes migraine, headache, vomiting, nausea, paralytic attack, heart diseases, blood pressure, diabetes, acidity, stomach problems, restlessness, muscle cramps, sexual dysfunctions and a lot of illnesses like constipation, diarrhoea, anxiety problems. It effects every part of your body, and not only the body but it also effects your mind, it effects your emotions.
When the emotions are effected the person becomes irritable, he remains in a sad mood, and gradually other faculties of mind get effected and the person goes in depression or other problems like anxiety, sleep problems, psychosis, mood disorders and addictions. People believe that stress is not a problem, and when it becomes a big problem they come to us for treatment with a disease like depression, anxiety, mood disorder, psychosis or with suicide attempts. At that time the treatment becomes dfficult and the person has to take treatment for a longer period.
There are a lot of factors causing stress. Most of the people, they blame others for their own problems like inflation and job problems. Most of the time the person himself is responsible like his character depicts irresponsible behaviour, suspiciousness , not taking responsibility of family, child or at work place, unmanagebility, procastination, there are a lot of character defects that lead to problem either at home or work place or in society that leads to stress. So when it comes to stress management most of the people either go for changing their lifestyle, starting exercises, pranayam, moving around or reading some books, listening to music or going outside.
It relieves your stress but only for a couple of days or couple of weeks and again after those couple or days or weeks it becomes as it was before because the reason for your stress was character defects. Until and unless you change yourself the problem is not going to reduce. So when the management of stress comes, initially the most important character defect that leads to stress has to be managed.
It needs a long and tough behavioural therapy, counsellings, and if the problem arises again then you may need psychiatrist help. For more details you can contact me on Lybrate.com. Thank you.
I can't concentrate on studies. I tried many types of study position but no one help me to concentrate, I didn't understand what else can I do, can you please help me.
Hello I am undergraduate 1st year student I am getting problem in remembering my syllabus I study them ut then also after few day ibgot blank about that topic. Kindly please suggest any method to increase my brain memory.
I am having depression n taking pills of it. But couldn't having proper sleep. I sleep only 3-4 hrs a day and then suddenly my sleep broke n Heart beat gets faster. What should I do tell me please.
Everytime I feel very disappointed in my life. Everything is very irritated for me and I totally confused in my now situation. I don't know what should I do. So please help me.
I just don't enjoy the things I used to, and I don't feel much like visiting friends or family. Is this part of aging?
I'm a 1st year medical student, I'm not able to put my effort in studies, I'm deviating towards games and other activities, my exams are near, still I'm not at all studying, now getting stressed, so please give me suggestions to avoid extra activities than studies and getting interest in studying.
How to increase brain stability or power or sharp? What kind of goods or others we have use? How increase stamina of our body?
Many times I just lost my concentration / focus and all things in my real life, seems like to be happening in dream.
Feeling low confidence. Feel alone .i m in marketing job. I have work pressure as well feeling alone at same time. I feel like. I am not capable to do simple job. How I will survive. Now I am single. If I am not able to justify now. What is guarantee that I will justify to my partner after marriage. Clueless.
I'm 25 year old. I need psychological suggestion. I used to enjoy the life as it goes but nowadays getting hyper. Finding difference in everything. Shouting at people. Hyper bcz I feel people not listening to me wHat I'm saying. I feel nobody cares for me. If somebody cares me I don't want kind of attitude. Frankly don't know what is going on. Fed up with everything and everybody. Can I get any suggestion to overcome this phase.
I am in an anxiety, and panic disorder, and depressed patient from 4 years. I am 23+ now. 4 years before one day I smoked marijuana, from that day I faced this problem, my heart beat always racing fast, I can't even walk for 5 minutes. Almost 24 doctor treatment me but no change. Please sir help me, I want to be cure fully and want a new life. Please sir.
Hello.I want to ask you that my little brother in his sleep got shocked sometimes like he is seeing a really bad dream.I thought he got feared from something or i dont know.He is getting black circles below his eyes.Please suggest me something.
Living with anxiety on a daily basis can be really stressful. And while you are dealing with anxiety, it is very important not to sway away with the symptoms and commit yourself to a treatment. For instant release of anxiety, you really don't need to go for a vacation or to the spa or a weekend retreat. It is easy to beat anxiety within 5-15 minutes, just being where you are.
So don't think and instantly reduce your anxiety to give yourself a wonderful day. Here are 5 ways to reduce your anxiety immediately.
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. As per a research, doing meditation daily changes the neural pathways of the brain, thereby making it more flexible towards stress. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Deep Breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot way to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth. Psychologists state that deep breathing helps to bring down stress and anxiety by lowering the blood pressure.
- Laugh Aloud: A good laugh is a great way to shed off the stress and anxiety. When you laugh, chemical endorphins are released which elevate your mood. A good laugh also lowers the cortisol levels which are the stress hormone.
- Talk to someone: Distracting yourself by talking to friends and family helps. The mind starts wandering when in anxiety and alone and the effective technique to talk to some trusted person helps. The support you get from family and friends just boosts you back and wards you off the symptoms. In case of a panic attack, you can request the company of a friend and relative to watch over you.
- Trick your anxious thoughts: Anxiety does not happen suddenly but is due to the mind's tendency to have negative thoughts spiraling day in and day out and the worse is that you have no control over the thoughts. Learn to tame these thoughts and the triggers which cause these to keep anxiety at bay.
There are strategies which you can try to help you keep anxious thoughts away.
1. Question yourself when you experience anxiety. A long checklist helps you make your thoughts more realistic.
2. Give affirmations to yourself that everything is okay, you will get over the situation. Usually, affirmations are made to comfort one.
3. Know the physical symptoms as many times physical sensations like in case of a panic attack tend to trigger anxiety and stress. When you get used to the symptoms, the mind does not send signals for anxiety to the brain. Create exercise to habituate yourself to a panic attack. There is no cure for anxiety but the fastest way to get your anxiety under control is to simply manage it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist and ask a free question.