Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Ms. Soumya
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Ms. SoumyaYour feedback matters!
Am able to feel my blood flow in my body sometimes, like pulses. Especially my wife telling that my body is shivering when I goes close to her. My blood pressure is normal 122 / 80. But I become nervous very quickly. Am trying to avoid nervous ness.
I am addicted to chew tobbaco. How to be refrained from it and how it's addiction going to affect in long run.
What is Depression?
Depression can strike a child at any age. A mood disorder, depression is characterized by a persistent sad or empty feeling, irritability, and a loss of interest in everyday activities. Unlike normal sadness or grieving, most bouts of depression last for weeks, months, or even years. A smaller number of children and adolescent suffer from biploar disorder-bouts of depression interspersed with periods of elevated (manic) mood (bipolar disorder).
Although depression is usually not considered life-threatening, it can lead to thoughts of and attempts at suicide.
Persistent feelings of sadness, apathy, or hopelessness lasting more than two weeks.
Diminished interest in most daily activities, particularly pleasurable ones.
Decreased appetite and subsequent weight loss; increased appetite and weight gain.
Lack of sleep (insomnia), frequent awakening throughout the night, or conversely, an increased need for sleep.
Anxiety; diminished ability to think or concentrate.
Because there are no reliable laboratory tests to diagnose depression, physical examination and psychological evaluation are essential.
Expression of either of the first two symptoms of depression (see Symptoms box), in conjunction with other symptoms, for a period of two or more consecutive weeks.
A positive family history of depression or a prior depressive episode helps establish the diagnosis.
Psychotherapy is as effective as drug treatment in mild cases. Psychotherapy may also be used in conjunction with drug therapy.
Antidepressant medications, such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), are mainstays of treatment.
Exposure to bright light, known as light therapy, may be effective, particularly when depression is related to seasonal changes (seasonal affective disorder).
In secondary depression, the underlying cause is addressed, although antidepressant therapy may also be prescribed.
Depression is a state of mind that adversely affects the way a person thinks, feels and behaves. It’s becoming an unpleasant existence in everyone’s life these days due to lot of factors such as:
- Competition with Others,
- Desires not getting fulfilled,
- Relationship related concerns,
- Performance Pressures,
- Societal Pressures etc.
In most cases, depression does not have a single cause. Rather, it results from a mix of factors i.e. your genes, events in your past, your current circumstances, and much more.
Depression, like many other behavioral health issues, has complex interacting Biological, Psychological, Social and Environmental contributing factors.
Depression in teenagers is very common owing to hormonal changes and increased stress of coping with studies and the social world. Genetic factors also play an important role in triggering depression in teenagers.
Signs and Symptoms:
- Persistent Sadness: Constant feeling of sadness irrespective of the company.
- Thoughts or attempts of suicide: Thinking that suicide will solve all problems.
- Fatigue: A state of decreased energy levels.
- Helplessness and Hopelessness: Living with a though that nothing will ever get better.
- Loss of interest in daily activities: Lack of interest in your hobbies, your favourite pastimes or social activities, or sex etc.
- Appetite or weight changes: Significant weight loss or weight gain.
- Sleeping disorders: Either insomnia, especially waking in the early hours of the morning, or oversleeping.
- Irritability: Low tolerance level.
- Loss of energy: Feeling fatigued, sluggish, and physically drained.
- Self-loathing: Feeling of worthlessness or guilt.
- Concentration Issues: Trouble focusing or remembering things.
Homeopathy For Depression-
Homeopathic remedies for depression in teenagers are no different from those used for treating depression in adults.
In the initial stages or in the milder forms or in people who are not aware of the disease, depression can go unidentified till its implications become too obvious. People often overlook it as a mere low mood or some start assuming it as a part of their psychological makeup. Even families or spouse start accommodating accordingly, thereby making identification of depression all the more difficult. Homeopathic treatment for depression is great form of alternative medicine and natural therapy for depression.
Advantages of using Homeopathy for Depression:
- The best part of homeopathic treatment is that the homeopathic medicines are totally side effect free and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- The options in conventional treatments are either to take antidepressant medications or to remain depressed, however, homeopathic medicines are said to be side effect free and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- There are lot of medications in homeopathy which are used, post understanding of the behaviour of a person; his/her complete biological and genetic status, his/her existing medical conditions.
- It is always recommended to consult a homeopath and not to go for self-medication, as it requires specific potencies of medicines for them to be effective on the medical condition.