Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Ms. Ms. ReshmaYour feedback matters!
Alcohol consumption is a common tool which is generally used by people in order to relax, calm down or temporarily change the way they think. People often use it also to hide their depression or anxiety or other such mental conditions. Alcohol can temporarily boost your mood, but along with that, it can also give you long term mental problems. Some of the common effects of alcohol on your mental state are enlisted below.
- Has an impact on your brain chemistry - The human brain functions on the basis of the balance of various kinds of chemicals excreted by the brain. Alcohol, if consumed in large amounts frequently can turn out to be a depressant and can change the signals that your brain transmits, hence causing undesirable mental effects like anxiousness, depression or aggressiveness.
- Anxiety and stress - People usually tend to take a drink after a hectic day so that they can relax and calm down their minds. But if you are frequently becoming dependent on alcohol to relax your mind, then it can be extremely dangerous. This happens because alcohol tends to interfere with the neurotransmitters in your brain exposing you to developing anxiety and stress.
- Depression - If you are resorting to regular and frequent drinking, then you are also lowering the level of serotonin inside your body. Serotonin is a chemical in your brain that helps to regulate your mood and kill depression-related thoughts and feelings. This depression can also affect your relationships in an adverse manner.
- Memory damage - Alcohol can also affect your memory in more ways than you can imagine. Alcohol consumption generally leads to your brain not recording information on a regular basis. This is the reason why people tend to forget whatever they say or do once they are under the influence of a heavy alcohol dosage.
Hi, My issue is that, I have lost the ability to get those fear for examination or the things which matters the most, I would rather avoid these situations even knowing the consequences but deep down I feel it's wrong, now I'm unable to come out of this zone. (sometime, I feel the patient of heavy depression). Age: 20.
Hi Sir. How to increase self confidence please tell me the best way for increasing self confidence sir.
I'm suffering from depression and anxiety for the exam. please help me how to attend biochemistry subject exam.
I think I have psychological problem that I think I am mentally ill. I always think ' I am trying to be normal but I am not normal" I tried to find what is the abnormally with my mind but I couldn't find anything major. I always think that I can't learn chapters but in real I observed that I can learn anything and I can talk very logically but when I am studying or doing anything I only think that I can't study . I have seen many symptoms of psychological ill person but I can't match any common problem with me. I always observe myself that I am normal or not and that thinking suddenly divert my mind even from very stimulating things and because of that thinking I can't concentrate on anything . That's all . But One thing I have to tell that we have shifted to new place and I missed the social circle and I am also so much back in studies . But I expect myself to be good in studies but my these feelings that I am not normal doesn't allow me to feel anything good or bad . I try to forget it but I have remember it when I think 'I have to forget it' I only think that I can't feel things but I'm not real to myself. How to forget the doubts on me . Should I try to concentrate on anything else . I am jealous from everyone else because they don't know the feeling to doubt on themselves . Please help me . How I divert my mind from I don't on which things I should concentrate . And I have dummy school from class 11 and I am in 12 now I have no social interaction but because of some home problems I couldn't study but now I started studying but everyone is so much ahead (I am preparing for IIT and go to coaching) . I am always tensed how to forget that doubt session on myself .
I am a 39 years old male. I have got a full body checkup done . All my parameters have come normal except for PCV 56 haemoglobin 18.6 and total RBC as 6.56. I do not have any other symptoms or problems. I am a non smoker. No medication . I drink beer regularly every day around 2 bottles. Are these values anything to be worried about. What should be my course of action. Does it warrant any further tests.
I am 28 years old I facing headache and body pain and depression. Depression not confirm by doctors. How to fix this.
I lost some body close last year so I am worried you can help me or my family my family is very depressed and very faithfully of you you are a doctor.
I smoke cigarettes nd hookah all day around 6 hookahs nd 3 packets of cigarette. I am addicted to it nd I can leave it. So can you tell me something which can be a remedy for the prblm cause in lungs by smoking. What should I eat or drink to keep my self health? Md fit?
I am getting frequent memory loss. In a day or two. Today at 12 I logged in to one account by used password. N right now I am trying to relogin in same account. It says you are typing password wrongly. I do not remember wht it was with which I logged in lastly.
Mere mother ko depression problems hai, woh har bar repeated kaam karte or doosray bhi karna wahi kaam bolte or woh treatment kay liye, ready nahi hai mujhe kuch nahi huwa boltay or batay bahut acha kartay kuch advice dejiye.
I am having lisping (Tutlana) problem from childhood. Gradually, it has decreased at large but still there are some letters with similar pronunciations which when I speak doesn't comes good. Such as: Tamatar, Talwar, and many others which I can't remember right now. Please suggest, how can I treat myself?
I had taken treatment for depression for 15 years has been found with bipolar mood disorder. I was addicted to alcohol and smoking but now I came totally out of it for past 3 years. Stopped taking treatment and tablets for depression and bipolar mood disorder for past 3 month. Now I feel restless and anger at times. What I have to do?
Sir/ Mam. I feel a depression due to work place. In our organisation one superior take position on the basis of 12 years in same company, less experience. One same position college on the basis of 6 years in same company. I am new for organisation with high qualification and experience. Rest are non experience and new for field. Both do politics and always given wrong message to top level, Top level blind faith on him. thanks
Depression is considered the common cold of all mental health issues and can strike in varying levels due to causes like pressing circumstances, problems in one's personal life and relationships, hormonal changes and other long term, chronic health conditions. Your intimate relationships are also subject to dejection when physical ailments enter the picture. Erectile dysfunction is one such area that creates depression. This is basically a condition that men suffer from. Due to this condition, a man is not able to get and hold an erection long enough to enjoy the act of sex. This can be caused due to related physical problems as well as stress. It can also lead to depression and problems in one's relationship due to anger, frustration, hopelessness and sadness. Here are a few ways to deal with depression caused due to erectile dysfunction.
- Recognising the Symptoms: The very first thing to do is to come out of denial and recognise the symptoms that are caused by this kind of depression. Usually, any long term or chronic problem can lead a person to look at himself or herself as a hopeless case. This can cause symptoms like dejection, a negative attitude towards everything and sudden outbursts of anger and frustration which may crop up in other areas of the patient's life. Since this is an intimate problem that one cannot discuss with everyone, the problem of depression gets all the more challenging. In such cases, the best thing to do is to be aware of the symptoms.
- Getting help: Simply being aware of the symptoms is not enough that is merely the first step. One will need to go ahead and do something about the symptoms. Visiting a sexologist or a sex therapist is the next step. With the help of therapy and discussions, the patient and the doctor can actually reach the root cause of the issue and help in realigning the attitude and thinking of the patient to come out of stress that is creating the issue, or to deal with medical repercussions of the issue in a more stable manner.
- Psychotherapy: One of the foremost methods used by most therapists includes psychotherapy that can help in unravelling the cause and finding a way to cope with the problem in a way that is focussed on discussions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: This form of therapy examines all aspects of the person's life and reality so as to find the cause of the problematic behaviour and reprogram the brain of patient with great deliberation.
- Antidepressants: While some medications can affect sexual functioning, there are antidepressants that do not have major sexual side effects. Please consult a Psychiatrist and discuss about this option too.
Tackling depression and erectile dysfunction is a matter of striking a fine balance with professional help.