Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Ms. Ms. NagaveniYour feedback matters!
Childhood depression is a condition marked by persistent sadness. It causes the child to feel lonely, hopeless, helpless and worthless. If this type of a sadness persists, it can disrupt his/her childhood and may have lasting effects even into adulthood. If neglected, childhood depression can lead to suicide.
What are the causes?
The exact cause of childhood depression is not known but a combination of other factors can lead to such. Some of them are:
- Physical health
- Family and external environment
- Mental health
- Genetic vulnerability and
- Biochemical disturbance
Children who suffer from such depression can behave and misbehave erratically. Yet, some children may continue to behave reasonably well in structured environments. Some young children may impulsively attempt suicide due to anger and frustration. Studies show that girls are more likely to commit suicide than boys.
What are the symptoms?
Children who suffer from such depression exhibit certain symptoms. Some of them are:
- Increased or decreased appetite
- Changes in sleeping patterns
- Difficulty in concentration
- Sadness and hopelessness
- Vocal outbursts
- Irritability and anger
- Increased sensitivity to rejection
- uicidal thoughts
Some children start to use drugs or pick up detrimental habits like smoking and drinking to evade their depression. Children with a family history of physical or sexual abuse are at a greater risk of experiencing depression. Consulting a therapist or a counselor in this case is duly advised.
How to control my mind thought of the negative thinking which has been arose by my family members and friends ? I am not able to study alone even for 1 minute without thinking something and it comes in my mind automatically when I am alone anywhere.
If you thought that fame and money are enough to keep a human being happy and healthy, then you could not be more mistaken. Mental and physical ailments can affect anyone at any time. Celebrities in particular are even more prone to mental disorders with their stressful lives that are centred around topping their past success with even more success, and filling their bank accounts with even more money.
So let us cast a glance on the Bollywood or Indian movie industry stars who have suffered from mental disorders:
- Shah Rukh Khan: After his shoulder surgery, Shah Rukh Khan went through a bout of severe and debilitating depression. This surgery had to take place due to an injury sustained on set during the year 2008. Depression and anxiety are known to affect people who have been going through chronic physical ailments and are forced to give up an overactive lifestyle. When this jet setting superstar was confined to bed, he fell into a state of despair and hopelessness. With the help of therapy and positive thinking, he was able to get back on his feet again and portray his charismatic persona on screen.
- Deepika Padukone: The dimpled actress recently came out in the open about her recent brush with depression and anxiety when she was busy promoting her blockbuster movies. She ended up going for therapy and taking control of the problem before it took control of her life. Once she had recovered from the overwhelming phase with proper therapy, she began to support mental health care causes so that more people would become aware and learn to take the necessary steps once they recognised the symptoms.
- Parveen Babi: She was one of the most beautiful actresses of her time who was also featured on the Time Magazine cover - a huge feat for an Indian celebrity at that point! Shortly after being diagnosed with depression and paranoid schizophrenia, she moved to USA. Overwhelmed with chronic depression and debilitating schizophrenia, she ended her life with suicide at her apartment in Mumbai.
- Sanjay Dutt: He may have played and aced the role of Doctor Munna Bhai on screen, but this actor suffered from insomnia and depression during his prison stay. The untimely demise of his mother and legal hassles followed by marital problems led to this state until he took the initiative to recover and get back to a normal way of living.
- Manisha Koirala: This well known actress suffered from acute clinical depression during her short marriage. With therapy and divorce behind her, she has started scripting her new life again.
These celebrities show us that we must take charge and bounce back no matter how profound the problem.