Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Ms. Nagaveni
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Ms. NagaveniYour feedback matters!
Sex issue. I am not able to penetrate for more than a min. I some daily n even I consume alcohol. I am 24 years old. My girlfriend is not happy with our sex life.
Dear sir/ma" m I want to left cigarette. I was tried so many time. But I can't please give suggestion?
I am 23 year. I am very short-tempered. And also I feel lonely in Whole world. I am not good in study so ño one likes me. People always demoralizing me. What should I do.
How to cope up from depression and obsessive compulsive disorder, constant thinking n lack of focus and concentration.
Dear doctors I am suffering from hand tremors problem from my childhood. And I an felling it more during nervousness, anxiety, less sleep, etc.I am do not use to smoke or drink. Kindly prescribe me as I have started himalaya brahmi as medicine from yesterday. Would it help me?
I am taking amixide-h for 1 year till now for anxiety, headache etc. How long should I take without side effect? Please help me.
What are mood swings?
Mood swings are defined as sudden and abrupt changes in mood. These mood swings can sometimes help promote problem solving abilities, but a stronger form of these can be associated to a more complex disorder namely, bipolar disorder that is characterised by the cyclical shift from manic to depressive and vice versa.
What causes mood swings?
There are several things that can trigger mood swings starting from your brain chemistry to substance abuse. The most common cause of moods swings can be-
- Abnormal levels of neurotransmitters (NTs) in the brain (ex. Serotonin is majorly responsible for change in moods, changes in emotional state and sleep)
- Anabolic steroid abuse
- Borderline personality Disorder
- Autism or other pervasive developmental disorders
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Major depression
- Post traumatic stress disorder
How to deal with mood swings?
Mood swings can make life difficult for yourself and those around you as well. It is advisable to keep your mood swings under control in order to get along with your life normally.
- Try to remain positive: May be you have had a string of heartbreaks off late or failed interviews, but do not let that define a trend in your life. This can lead to depression and make you upset. Keep your mind open to other possibilities and never lose hope. Hope is something that keeps one going; it gives someone a purpose in life.
- Balance your life: Learn to maintain a balance between work and leisure. Don’t make your life all about work, take small breaks to do what you like (perhaps read a book, or play an instrument).
- Accept the grey in your life: “Life is like a box of chocolates”. You will never know what comes your way. It is never just black and white. Learn to accept that life can go a little downhill sometimes, but don’t be too alarmed by that. Enjoy the best and always keep yourself prepared for the worse.
- Learn to laugh: Enjoy and appreciate the little things around you. It might surprise you, if you consciously look around with an open mind, you will see the miniscule things that may make you laugh. Maybe that neighbour you find annoying is actually a fun guy to be with or that aunty who is always badgering you with questions is actually concerned about you. And most of all learn how to laugh at yourself! People have made a career over doing that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You are more fun than you expected to be. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.