Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Ms. NagaveniYour feedback matters!
I feel stress when I watching movie or something else either on tb, or laptop or mobile etc what can ido? What precaution can I do for that?
Am a retired teacher. Now am at home. I feel that now, am good for nothing. Every small thing irritates me. I want always to keep myself busy. My husband is a liver siroisis patient from last 5 yrs. Am fedup staying with him. Some times I feel I must commit suicide.
I am 26 year old I have a Stammering problem from long year. I am getting fail because of that problem. I want to get solution for my problem.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. please help me.
I am 17 years old I have a serious short temper and I get confused very easily. I am not a social person I likes to be alone. I have a healthy life style but I don't used to have conversations. I'm suffering from muscle loss sour throat, acidity and pain in right side of my chest sometimes and weak immunity.
I want a healthy diet plan for weight loss! I have gained 5kgs and I really need to loose it so please help me out. I am having exam preparation holidays so I sit and study most of the time which leads to increase in weight. So I need a proper diet plan for my extra weight to come in control:(
I have been getting pressure in head for months and it is daily and constant now. I have tried all sorts! Chiropractor, eye tests, medication. I have just had CT scan and don't think it'll show anything serious up! Please can anyone help. Don't think it's anxiety or stress, not sinusitis. God knows but it's getting me down and I am desperate!
Is there any hospital were mental people can be kept my friends brother is mental and they are poor to cure him if you know about any government hospital with low fees or no fees please tell.
I have smoked before 10 years I wanna know what kind of doses present in my body and how it will be fine?
I have so much of tension and I can't able to sleep through which I have head ache. What should I do to get relief from it?
I am 24 year male. Recently I have gone through a worst break up, and now I cannot able to control on my emotions, I have strong feelings to take revenge, I am not able concentrate on any work. Feeling depressed for that started smoking. Sometimes started weeping and night become more worst due to excess thinking.
I'm having panic disorder. I'm feeling shortness of breath from past 4 days and sometimes palpitation. So does inderal 10mg to get read of shortness of breath? Plse rply fast.
Hi. I am having a sleeping problem. I will go to bed at 10 o'clock but I can't able to sleep it takes upto 2 to 3 hrs to sleep in that time I am just thinking some what. I don't know because its a stress or anything. Kindly suggest.
As I was patient of depression from 2years. Its going to b cured finally. Bt I have grt notion to do something myself in society. So when I study something, I develop an urge that I will do something grt like that. Coz of this I have developed an headache. As reading such books inspires me a lot. But develops a headache on me dat leaving only I thing, I sud do something n I will do something. What, s this? May I know plz? What sud I do. Be far from such books?
I have a flight coming up. Since yesterday I do not sleep well or any. Also I have panic attacks and anxiety because I'm in another country and the medical services are not good here. I think if something big happens to me here, I will die. I have a lot sintomas. I have to go back to US to get help. But I have to fly. I'm scare that I will have a panic in the middle of that flight. Please help.
Anxiety, stress and depression are common mental health disorders. Though they may be overlooked as “something that’s in your mind”, but these disorders can have serious implications on your health and the quality of your life. Homeopathy is an effective way of treating disorders like anxiety, stress and depression with negligible side effects.
Anxiety can be defined as the general feeling of fear or apprehension. Anxiety disorders may be seen in the form of general anxiety, phobias and obsessive compulsive disorders. Anxiety symptoms are generally sporadic and follow not set pattern. Homeopathy can be used to treat anxiety once the cause for the disorder can be identified. Two of the most common forms of homeopathic treatment for anxiety are:
- Aconitum napellus: Waves of anxiety or outright panic attacks can be treated with aconite. This is also beneficial if the person is fearful, restless, agitated or if he has recently experienced an accident or natural disaster.
- Argentum nitricum: Anxiety often takes the form of apprehension and nervousness about the future. In such a case, Argentum nitricum (Arg-n.) can be an effective form of treatment. Such cases of anxiety can worsen with heat and in crowded spaces.
The terms stress and anxiety are often used interchangeably, but they have different medical definitions. The response to situations and events that make us frustrated, anxious or angry are known as stress factors. Each person has a different response to stress. While it temporarily enhances productivity in some people, it can paralyze others. Here are two common homeopathic medicines that can be used to treat stress.
- Kali phosphoricum: Stress caused by overworking or illness can be treated with Kali phosphoricum. In such cases, the patient may be jumpy, over sensitive and can find it difficult to cope with normal life. Kali phosphoricum helps relax the nervous system and can also be used to treat insomnia caused by stress.
- Lycopodium: If stress causes the person to feel inadequate and pretend to be someone they are not, Lycopodium is a good form of homeopathic treatment. This can also treat irritability, crankiness and social withdrawal that results from stress.
Mild depression is often self diagnosed as a simple bad mood. There are many causes for depression including changes in the biochemical makeup of the brain. Here are a few homeopathic prescriptions for depression.
- Aurum metallicum: Failure to succeed is a primary cause for depression in people focused on work. Aurum metallicum can be used to treat such cases of depression. These symptoms may also be accompanied by feelings of humiliation and discouragement.
- Causticum: Depression caused by grief or loss can be treated with causticum. This also treats accompanying frequent crying, forgetfulness and mental dullness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Hello I am 20 year old boy. I am studying in college. For the past few days I am having a pain in my neck, I have tried everything to get rid of it but nothing happened. I have taken pills and also tried some exercises and some Yoga too but nothing helped me. So I tell me how I can get rid of this pain. It usually starts in the morning and last till evening, so please kindly give me the right suggestion to get rid off my neck pain .Thank you.
Each and every person on this planet has to deal with the loss of a loved one at some point of their life or the other. It is an undeniable and unavoidable part of the human existence. However, at times, the grief can affect the person so much that their psychological, emotional and physical health may be affected. Their normal day- to-day functioning may be affected as a result of their extreme reaction to the loss of their loved one. In such a case it is ideal to seek treatment from a certified medical professional such as a counselor or psychologist. If the condition is even more serious and the patient requires help to treat him or her, then it is advisable to go to a psychiatrist.
However, the following tips commonly given by mental health professionals may help to deal with such a loss:
- Accepting one's emotion: Sometimes an individual may remain in denial about the loss of the loved one or about his or her own reaction to it. This increases the negative emotion as it does not find a medium of expression. The person withdraws into himself or herself, and is slowly unable to conduct the usual daily activities. The first step therefore is to fully accept the reality of the event and one's own response to it. It can help to speak to a friend or family member about one's own response, or even release the grief by crying. Such cathartic avidities are the first step.
- Taking care of oneself: Often after the death of a loved one, an individual may become wary of his or her own condition and fail to look after himself or herself. This should be avoided. Normal diet, exercise and activities are required.
- Channeling grief into productive activity: Constantly focusing on the loss of the loved one can increase the trauma and stress. Sometimes it helps to focus on helping others, e.g. Volunteering at a charity or assisting others in some way. Even taking up artistic pursuits or any productive hobby proves to be beneficial.