Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Ms. Maria Madona AYour feedback matters!
I am a hosteler ,I cannot manage my expenses and every month I got short of money ,because of this my parents are very annoying with me,they have stop giving money,I donot want to borrow from friends,I am getting depressed,now what I should do?
Smoking during pregnancy can adversely affect not only your health but that of your unborn too. Kicking this habit can help you to have a safer pregnancy as well as a healthier baby. If not, it can lead to a number of serious pregnancy complications including the death of your baby. According to various findings, smoking during this period can double your prospects of having a baby with low birth weight as well as your chance for stillbirth.
What happens when you smoke while pregnant?
The cigarette smoke is made up of about 4000 chemicals, which includes about 60 cancer causing substances, lead, and cyanide. Of these toxins in cigarette smoke, carbon monoxide and nicotine are the two toxins that make up much of smoking-related pregnancy complication. The toxins go directly to your baby through the bloodstream, the only source of nutrients and oxygen for your offspring. By working in tandem, the nicotine and carbon monoxide toxins bring about a decrease in the supply of oxygen for your baby. While nicotine cuts off oxygen supply by constricting the blood vessels, the red blood cells responsible for carrying oxygen also pick up carbon monoxide molecules and take them directly to your baby.
What effects does it have on your little one?
When you smoke, you put your baby on harm's way and here's what happens to your baby:
- In terms of weight, it has been revealed that while smoking one pack daily can bring about a 226 gm decrease in the baby's weight, smoking two packs every day can affect your baby's weight by about 453 gm. A stunted growth during this period can negatively affect your child later in life.
- Due to the negative effects of the toxins, the development of your baby's lung and body gets hampered. It may also make your baby prone to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) and asthma.
- It can also increase your baby's chance of suffering from a heart defect. Research shows that babies whose mothers smoke during the first three months of pregnancy have 20-70% chance of developing congenital heart problems compared to babies whose mothers didn't smoke.
- Smoking can affect the development of his brain functions and cause him or her to suffer from low IQ, learning disabilities as well as behavioral issues. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Sir I feel tension n I n depressed by unemployment I did not remember essential things or work so what should I do.
Sir, I am 47 year old Mechanical engineer serving for Indian Railway. For mental refreshment, I Play Badminton in evening and get refreshes. But, then I feels physically tired next day and slightly pain continue in leg and whole body specially in bone. Should I take some medicine supplement on daily basis? Please advice.
Hi I, m saruk Ali. I lost somebody close last year and since then foel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me. Thank you.
I feel very tensed and my heart rate is 86 I am 21 year male. How can I reduce to normal heart rate?
We've no nicotine anonymous meetings at our area. I love smoking cigarettes and despite my ill health and embarrassing coughs all day long, I am helpless. I think switching to e cigarette or herbal cigarettes might do me some good. I am not a bad person by nature but people who see me with cigarette always think otherwise. I love the the idea of letting cigarette and can't imagine my life without smoking and its scary. I am terrified and that's another reason for another smoke. I want to quit on my own but it sounds impossible. I haven't taken alcohol in 5 years 20days despite being alcoholic with the support of a. A. Meetings.
Sir in my house there is lot of distraction for my studies My mom has expired no one to look after me except my dad I am 18 years old male
I really need solution please help, I am forcly married by my family before 6 months, I am months pregnant by my husband, my husband is not here his out of india now, my in laws and my husband are nice they don't give any trouble me but I love someone else since last 4 year and still continue the relationship because of cast issue we didn't marry, but now his joining office and his having affair with another girl and I am not handling the situation, I am trying to breakup with him but I can not forget him, I blocked him with every sides in my contact but still I can not stop thinking about him, I do not understand how can I forget all that things, I am just gonna mad and also feeling not well please help please I want to out of this relationship I want to stop I do not want to cheat on my husband but I can not getting out from him please any suggestion any medicine any think can get help me out of this please.
Is marriage even fun anymore? That?s what many couples who are getting divorced are trying to figure out. Time after time, we read about or know of couples getting divorced after years of marriage, but why? Once again, another Hollywood couple has recently decided to call it quits. Comedian Chris Rock and wife, Malaak Compton-Rock filed for divorce after nearly 20 years of marriage?20 years! How does this happen? Are Hollywood marriages that hard to maintain? With the onslaught of African American marriages visibly breaking down, we compiled this list of tips from successful couples on how to divorce-proof your marriage.
1. If you have to fight, walk and fight. Many arguments stem more from being cooped up together in tight quarters than from the issue at hand. Plus, getting fresh air is good for you, and it will give you more energy for No. 3. (Hey, everyone knows that makeup No. 3 is the best kind.)
2. Over-Communicate. Some, many men especially, don?t see the value in over-communicating to their spouse. While one spouse may not want to hear or share everything about themselves, the other spouse may want to know. So if one spouse needs to hear it, it?s important to the marriage. Over communication also cuts down on rumors about you and your mate?you?ll already know the truth before anyone else says something. Treat your life like a great Facebook post, SHARE IT!
Check This Out: Marriage Mistakes WOMEN Make (Yes, It?s True)
3. Have sex with each other. Seriously! Sex is proven to lighten the mood, make you feel better in a number of ways, including reducing stress. One piece of advice someone shared is to begin to undress anytime you and your mate start to argue?you will either have sex or die laughing (Ha! It?s worth a try). And if you can?t have sex with each other for some reason, let your spouse know that you are thinking about having sex with him and that you are looking forward to the next time you are both available for sex. Try sending a ?sext?. Just make sure you?re sending it to the right person!
4. Respect ?Me Time?. Sometimes your spouse needs to go to the bathroom for 45 minutes. Look, he?s not going to the bathroom the whole time; he?s trying to get away from you. And that?s OK. Maybe you?re being annoying. We can all be annoying at one time or another. That doesn?t make you a bad person or a bad marriage, it?s just time to one?s own thoughts and feelings.
5. Listen just to listen, don?t listen to respond. Many times, while our mate is talking, we are thinking of our response. That?s not truly listening. Sometimes we must forego what we want to say and listen to what he/she is saying (and not how they are saying it). Trust me, it will get you out of hot water many times.
6. Never apologize if you aren?t sorry. Some spouses want to ?keep the peace? and say they are sorry or apologize to keep their mate happy, but if you?re truly honest with your mate, you will state the truth. It may seem harsh at first, but it will get everything out in the open.
7. Date, date, and date some more. Just because you got married, doesn?t mean you have to stop dating. People say it over and over again; ?do the things you did to get me after you got me.? But we understand it?s sometimes hard to do with jobs, kids, responsibilities, etc. But you have to have unwavering when it comes to dating. Dating allows you to continue to have fun with your mate and learn more outside of marriage. Couples who dated for at least three years before their engagement were 39 percent less likely to get divorced than couples who dated less than a year before getting engaged. So even if you didn?t date long before marriage, make up for DURING the marriage. Keep dating!
I am 23 year old boy. I have been suffering from depression lately. Please listen to my problem and help me solve it.
How do I concentrate on my studies? I want to study long hours but I didn't properly doing that. How to prove concentration and memory power . Is there any medicine for that. Help me.
A year ago, I was engaged in relationship with a girl who already had boyfriend. Later I noticed that she just wanted to have romance. She did not love me so I broke up with her. We did not talk each other many months. I had observed her clearly and her behaviour shows that she don't love me. Only doing timepass. But before some days, we had function so I had wore suit. She suddenly msg me, talked to me by herself. And took me with her outside far from friends and started kissing me. I too kissed her as I love her so I could not control emotions. And day after it, she didn't msg me, no call nothing. She has done this many times before. That means she is just using me for romance. When we broke up I forgot her and moved to carrier. But my question is if she wants to have romance with me only when she wants, what should I do? Should I fulfil her hunger for romance?
Am a 23 year boy, am working in a mnc company, I had lot of work, and for the reason of that work load am frustrated and stressful life for come out from this what should I do?
Hi, I am 25 years old female, a student. I have been feeling very low from past sometime. I get angry at small issues and I do not get over those issues easily. I do not feel like doing anything the whole day, not even able to concentrate on my studies. I am also having sleeping disorders these days. Negative thoughts come into my mind and I pick up fights with people. I talk to friends but it doesn't help me much. I just don't do anything all day, I try to escape the loneliness and these thoughts by sleeping, but I fail, I don't know whats happening. I feel a constant dissatisfaction with my life. Are these signs of depression? What should I do?
I have married. And my husband not interest to sex me. He was always. Telling. Bore I have no one idea. That. My husband. Sex not coming. I was very angry with my husband. Please tell what can I do.
Inspire to be in charge of one's own ambitions, dreams, goals, action, health and life.
It's the time to implement the good lessons from last year and start a brand new one by discovering the potential of a new " u" for better physical emotional and mental health.
Inspire yourselves and others!
All the best.