Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Ms. Dimple KariyaYour feedback matters!
Hi, When I watch videos which are very positive I get energies but after a few time due to family disturbance and problem I start thinking about these prob and confidence get down. My family is not supporting me because they always create problem internally and ask me to solve. Because of this I am not able to concentrate on my goal. After this I get nervous because I am not execute the plan which was made for my goal. Because of that I do many mistakes in my workplace and defame badly. Even some time while I feel fresh I do best at the workplace and appreciated. In that case I am not enjoying today and all which going on with me will not allow me to enjoy tomorrow. Please suggest me so that I can make my life happy and prosperous.
He is having a bad alcohol habit and he is not eating food. how he will discontinue alcohol ? please give me some tips
The foremost thing that you can do to save your relationship is get your spouse treated for depression. When you are depressed, whether it is because of your relationship with your partner or some other reason, you must make joint efforts to save your relationship. Non depressed spouse has to take the lead. A relationship cannot go further only with the patience of one partner. Efforts and care of both the partners go hand in hand.
However, there are few things you can do even when you or your partner is depressed.
1. Communication: Don’t stop communicating with your partner. It’s very important to understand your partner’s viewpoint and to make him understand your viewpoint. Until, both of you share your thoughts and concerns; you will not be able to save the relationship.
2. Think about your commitment: When you are depressed, you might make your partner responsible for all the wrong things. You need to be wise. Don’t let one bad moment spoil your years of relationship. Think of the commitment you have made to your partner and then you might handle the situation in a more loving way.
3. Don’t leave your partner alone for longer time: After presenting your viewpoint, you must give your partner some time to digest everything. What is easy for you might be difficult for him and what is difficult for you might be easy for him? In such a case, you need to leave him alone for some time but do take care that this silence shouldn’t continue for a longer time.
4. Don’t play blame games: If you are depressed, you shouldn’t let your partner suffer from that. Do not strain the relationship any further by playing blame games. That will not help. When your spouse says something that seems negative try not to personalize it, even if it's directed at you. Attribute it to the state of depression.
While this can be a very difficult time for both you and your spouse, you can weather this storm with compassion and empathy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am a 24 year young male. I am having a problem of concentrating on my further studies. I have left my job recently. Please help as I feel I am in a lot of stress.
Hello sir, 3 days back I quit smocking after 4 year of smocking period now what shall I do to remove all the side effects of smocking.
I am 25 years old baby nursing mother. My daughter is now 1 years old. Since last 3 months I am suffering from the problem of forgetting. I forget things. Even I think about 2 min before. And before marriage I had a very sharp mind. I was very good in studies. After my marriage it is started that I am forgetting thing. Sometimes it is very dangerous. I forgot to off gas stove . Now I am scared about my future. My baby could be affected with my forgetting problem. I think I will do it and I forget. Yea I have some family problems also. I always think about somethings. Which are hurting me. I am always in a deep thinking. I am alone at home I have no one to share my feelings and pains. Now please you suggest me what should I do?
I became boring person I didn't get motivated for anything and doesn't feel any interest in any activity. Is there any problem with me. How can I cure the problem.
How to stop negative thoughts and reacting for the same or self talk when negative thoughts trigger.
Stress is the physical or emotional response of the body to an internal or external stimulus that upsets the equilibrium of the body. The contemporary lifestyle causes a lot of stress, which may have adverse impacts on your health. The stress hormones which are secreted in animals only during starvation, childbirth or torture are secreted in human beings all the time.
Natural remedies like homeopathy can be used to combat stress without harmful side effects. Since stress is responsible for several health problems and homeopathy aims at eliminating the root cause of said disorders, these remedies can cure a lot of stress related problems too.
The common homeopathic medicines used to deal with stress are:
- Arsenicum album: It is beneficial for people who are anxious, fastidious, nervous or excessively critical. It is also used for patients who exhibit tendencies of paranoia, such as arriving hours early for an appointment out of an irrational fear of being late.
- Calcarea carbonica: It is an appropriate remedy for work related stress or burnout. Often, people feel an intense amount of pressure at their workplaces because they feel that they are constantly being watched and evaluated, and are afraid of making even minor mistakes or have strict deadlines to meet.
- Gelsemium: Gelsemium is an immediate solution to anxiety and apprehension caused by an upcoming event such as a performance, an interview or a test. Gelsemium can relieve symptoms like short-term paralysis, increased pulse rate, dizziness, nausea and indigestion.
- Argentum nitricum: It is useful for nervous fits and impulses caused by suggestibility and extreme mental exertion.
- Ignatia amara: This is used to deal with depression caused by stress factors like humiliation, fear, guilt and loss. People who go into shock can also be treated with Ignatia amara.
- Kali phosphoricum: It can provide relief from exhaustion due to overwork or prolonged illness. The patient becomes over sensitive, anxious and feels unable to cope with stress.
- Natrum muriaticum: It is the treatment for symptoms like insomnia, claustrophobia, frequent headaches and pain around the eyes. It is also used to treat stress caused by isolation and dejection.
- Pulsatilla: It is a remedy for mild or violent mood swings caused by stress. The patient may alternate between over excitement and depression within a very short period of time.
- Sepia: It is a homeopathic medicine that is used to treat patients of stress who have developed cognitive defect and memory problems.