Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Mrs. Renuka RajashekharYour feedback matters!
1.How can I remove my stress? 2. I believed god but some confusion occurring that which god I will chose for prayer? 3.Different type of loan I have taken from bank due some financial burden but not manage my financial system, I have to capacity to paid but there is different type of problem occurring in present. Medical issue, family problem, business issue etc. 4. I have high BP, no sugar, physically sound, life style- not bad. Age-52 5. When I speak sometimes loud voice arisen.
Sir I am suffering with phsychyrtic problem. That ism afraid I will get heartattack. Day by day I am afraid alot.in sleep somany nightmares coming in that time my heart beat very fast please help me sir I got ECH normal report also I contact phschartist he said it was panic disorder no problem and he pricript some pills lonazep 1 mg and wallbeta20, nexito 10 pls help me sir.
Sir, my question is a men can do after breakup when he loves her very much. Because I am shocked for this.
I am 25 year old female my brother is having mental illness is there any chance to get mental illness for my child in future?
During depression illness, in a problematic situation, is it possible to be in relaxed mental state, before the problem ends.
I am a first year medical student. I am not finding the subjects or the study interesting as a result am suffering from depression. I have lost interest in everything. Also I have very few friends and have lost the interest to make new friends and socialize. What to do?
Dear sir/ madam I am 46 years old guy, jobless, get sweat on my feet and hands. I have anxiety issues (obsession with washing hands called ocd) I also feel irritated and get angry easily due to my ocd. I feel low also, Depressive feelings again due to ocd. I am unable to do things fast. I am slow at all work. I think a lot again due to ocd. I am slow at work. My memory and concentration is very very poor. After any activity I get the urge to wash hands with soap. Please guide me. I would prefer homeopathy. I would be glad if someone help me without any charges. I can pay after I get cured and get a job.
I use anti depressants and also have Hypothyroid my sexual feelings are decreasing day by day because of the anti depressants I want to be normal again is there any good treatment for this to increase the sexual responsiveness and for the right erection.
I am severely suffering with my break up. Now I am in a stage that my family members are choosing matches for me i am just dying what to do and I can not even share it to any one the only choice left to me is to die, but the option left with me is to die because i cant' forget him.
My boy friend was a chain smoker 9 months before. He was smoking 5 to 6 cigarettes per day for nearly 3 years. Then he gradually decreased the count day by day due to my continuous compulsion. I personally hate smokers to the core. He said to me that he totally stopped smoking for the past 4 months. How to find whether it is true or not? Is there any way to find out that he is lining to me that he stopped it and still doing it when I am not around? Pls help me find it.
Drug abuse is characterized by the excessive use of illegal drugs, prescription drugs or even over-the-counter drugs. Drug abuse eventually leads to drug dependency whereby the drug begins to take control over you and affects your daily activities as well as your physical health.
Treatment of drug abuse normally involves a series of steps to be undertaken. These are:
- Group therapy
- Drug de-addiction
Furthermore, treatment of drug abuse generally follows a 12-step program which continues even after the treatment as a part of the recovery process.
Detoxification, or simply detox, is a procedure involving medical care while attempting to deal with withdrawal symptoms after your initial break from drug use. Since dealing with withdrawal symptoms can be quite problematic, you will certainly have to consult a doctor who will probably prescribe you certain medications.
There are different types of therapy needed to overcome the problem of drug abuse. These include:
- Group therapy, where you can interact your problems with other people who are going through the same ordeal.
- Motivational interviewing (mi), where you can resolve mixed feelings with regard to quitting and treatment.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), where you can learn to take control over your actions as well as change your thought and behavior pattern in order to adjust to a drug-free life.
- Motivational enhancement therapy (met), where motivational interviewing is used to help give you more motivation with respect to quitting drug consumption.
- Family counseling, or even couples therapy, where you can learn how to stay drug-free as well as improve your relationship with your family members or with your partner.
Treatment programs are often similar to therapies and are classified into three types:
- Inpatient treatment
- Outpatient treatment
- Residential treatment
Sir, mujhe kuchh padhne ya jyada baat karne par forehead ke beech m pain hota h or headache bhi hone lagta h. Mai jab computer ya books se study karta hu to headache hone lagta hai or gastric banna suru ho jati h. M mind ka koi bhi kaam karta hu to stress feel hone lagta hai. Mind m thinking or tension bani rahti h. Negative thinking bahut rahti h. Kisi bhi kam m mann nahi lagta. Mne ayurvedic treatment karwaya jisse mujhe fayada hua lekin puri tarah se abhi thik nahi hu. Please consult me about this problem. I have this problem since 2 years.
Hello I just tested hiv negative after 8 months of possible hiv risk exposure (two condoms protected sex at one time). I had tested 3 times for hiv all in different labs. Is there is still any changes to test positive from that exposure. Another problem is my anxiety How can I get rid from killing anxiety. I know I'm very likely to hiv negative Since I had protected sex plus I have 3 hiv negative results at 8 months of exposure. But for some reason I'm feeling too much anxiety about this issue sometimes feeling suicidal. Please help me I want to move on. But my deadly anxiety is killing me. Thanks for your Help.
These are the method to overcome it.
1. Talk to a psychologist /psychiatrist/therapist a psychologist or a therapist will be able to help you work through the issues you are going through at this time. He or she will also educate you about your depression and will further guide you the right line of action to be taken.
2. Spend time with positive people social support is crucial to getting out of a depression and can be very helpful for you to cope with stress full life. Support from positive people can also help to reduce negative thoughts that lead to depression. Please find those people in your life who make a positive impact on your daily functioning. Your friends, family members or co-members should be encouraging and you should enjoy their company. Please go out and do small small things with them [ like listening music, watching movies, walking, reading etc.]. Please create distance with people you know cause you anxiety or who are not supportive. Spending time with them will surely worsen your condition and make it harder to feel enthusiastic about recovery. Plan a short vacation with positive people. 3. Physical contact
Hug a friend
Play with your pet or dog
4. Always think positive and realistically negative thoughts are trademark of depression. This means you get struck thinking the same negative thoughts over and over again. Write down all the bad negative thoughts you have and create a positive thought for each negative thought you wrote down. For example I am ugly, please write I am unique and beautiful. I dont need any approval.
5. Compliment yourself for small small things.
6. Please avoid alcohol, cigarettes or any kind of substance abuse.
I have a stage fear.I can write down the thing. But it come to speaking with strangers or on stage everything gets blurred.
Being constantly anxious impairs work performance and creates havoc in relationships. The best way to deal with it to accept that it is only a temporary phase which everyone faces. If you keep worrying and try to fight it, you will become even more anxious and your health will become even worse.
It is therefore important that you acknowledge it, first of all and try to cope with it. Controlling anxiety isn't a gigantic task. You can feel at ease with by doing these simple things:
- Self-soothing techniques: There are many physiological things for you to do as well which will allow you to relieve anxiety. Diaphragmatic breathing is a very good way to achieve this. Sometimes reassuring yourself is more valuable than you think. Practice saying comforting things to yourself and the stress and anxiety will automatically reduce. Muscle relaxation is yet another method which will allow you to decrease your anxiety.
- Deep breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot way to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth.
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Get adequate sleep: Everyone feels bad when they do not sleep enough. However, did you know that lack of sleep is a major cause of anxiety. The more you sleep, the less anxious you will feel.
- Exercise regularly: You probably know that exercise is very important for maintaining good health. However, what you probably do not know is that exercise is perhaps more effective than even medication in relieving your anxiety. Therefore, it is imperative for you to get moving.
- Monitor your diet: Your diet is crucial in reducing your anxiety as caffeine and alcohol are two of the leading causes of anxiety in your body. However, abruptly stopping your intake of caffeine and alcohol also leads to withdrawal symptoms. Therefore balancing out intake of alcohol and caffeine is crucial. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.