Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Mrs. Asha JibleYour feedback matters!
I have Agoraphobia which i think due to my less talking nature which i want to rectify accordingly and also fear of speaking in english too in public instead i know english well enough. So what should i do and focus on to be a good speaker in public atleast be a normal speaker .Infact i have just nothing to chat on or have topic to discuss on . Please help me on it what should i do ?
There are certain aspects of our lives, which we may feel are not upto the mark and you might want to change them. For example, consider a situation that you suffer from dwarfism and people mock you about your height. You may wish that you were taller so that you are not ridiculed anymore. You may feel physically inadequate and stay depressed quite frequently.
No matter what the odds are, you should be able to find a support system somewhere, be it in your friends, family or within yourself. There are a number of methods which you may find useful in dealing with these kinds of situations.
- Mediation: Meditation may help in focusing your mind and keeping your mind free from negative thoughts. It helps in improving your concentration and broadens your mind. It may also help in seeing situations in a different manner and in a different light thus, helps you overcome difficult episodes in life.
- See things from a different vantage point:Usually we see things from one single standpoint and perceive them in a single manner. It is advised to see the same thing through multiple viewpoints and multiple vantage points in order to get a broader understanding of the entire situation. This helps in making a more logical and balanced decision.
- Focus on the positives: Let’s understand with the help of a simple anecdote. One day a teacher gave a student a white piece of paper with a black dot at the center and asked the student what he thought of the paper. The student said that there was a black dot on the paper. Usually, most people tend to focus on the black dot and not the white space surrounding it. Similarly, in life, you should see the positives instead of concentrating only on the negative aspects. This will help you sail through a number of difficult stages.
- Build resilience: Being resilient is a very good quality to have, as it can help you overcome a lot of setbacks in life. Problems are a part of life as they might result from external circumstances which you will have no control over. Hence, it is always wise to accept the situation and move on in life.
I am a regular student and my weight has been a topic of stress for me since a few days. Since a very long time i'm trying to put on some weight. Tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work. Need some advice.
Sir, I have a big problem of nervous. At a normal time. I feel normal. But. At any public place I feel nervous. Nd increased heartbeat, and whole body trembled. Also feel some problem of speaking. Before that time it was not at all. Plzz suggest what to do.
Is there any proven cure for 'Essential Tremor' mainly I have problem for writing.Not tremor is the main cause, but spasms when started to write.
Having pets around not only makes you feel better, but also teaches you compassion, empathy and loyalty. Spending quality time with your pets tends to have a positive effect on your mood and mental health. Pets can act as great stress relievers and actually uplift your mood when are depressed.
Connecting with your pet instantly improves your mood and makes you forget your worries with their unconditional love and care. Here are 5 ways in which your pet can relieve depression and make you feel better.
1. A healthy heart: If you own a dog, you are less likely to get heart diseases. Spending time with your dog, going for walks and jogs, playing in the park, etc. will keep you active and maintain a normal blood pressure. Activities with your pets will also curb any sadness in your heart, at least for the moment. You will have a routine to follow, and this will keep you distracted from your source of depression.
2. Stress relief: Petting your pet dog, cat or rabbit will soothe your mind and help you get rid of any kind of stress. Depression causes a lot of stress, and if you hug or lay down with your dog, you are likely to feel better and get much more relieved from stress. A relaxation hormone is released by the body which brings down stress levels.
3. Pets enable you to connect socially: If you are depressed, you may feel like connecting with new people for feeling better. Your pets can help you with this. If you walk down a road with your dog, it is likely that people approach you and start a conversation with you.
4. A better mood: If you are depressed for a long time, getting a pet dog can change your life. Pet owners are happy people and are more trustworthy than normal people. If you feel lonely and depressed, a pet dog can provide you better company and happiness than a human at times. You will have a new meaning in life and would love to take care of your pet and raise him healthy. Your general mood will be much improved.
5. Unconditional love: The best thing about pets and especially dogs is that they will love you unconditionally. No matter what you do, they will always love you the most and come to you wagging their tail. A loving touch has an incredible healing power and hugging your pets will make you happy and less depressed.
Pets are an amazing way to get relief from depression. Having a pet around makes any atmosphere much livelier. Raising a pet is like raising a child, and thus you will remain distracted and won’t have time to think about your reason for depression.
I am 20 year old college student. I don't have many friends because I am not social. I don't talk with friends because I feel that I don't have something to talk. My mind always feel empty. My concentration is low. I had poor marks I'm exams. I also gain weight. What should I do with this problem?
I take medician for last 6 months, no improvement, for stress, angry (m, d) trichy, I like to stop, and also think change doctor, what I do, please reply,
When you spend so much time with someone you are bound to have at least an occasional difference of opinion, to say the least, and it’s not always easy to keep objective and levelheaded when you enter into a disagreement with your partner. When this happens, remember to use these effective communication skills with your partner to improve the odds of reaching a solution that is in the relationship’s best interest.
This is because no matter how much you love and respect each other, it might not be possible to always keep cool and be levelheaded while entering into a disagreement with your significant other.
Here are a few effective communication skills that can improve the odds of reaching an amicable solution:
Use ‘I’ in the statement: Never blame your partner. This can make your partner feel that you are trying to attack your partner’s feelings, which often takes a negative turn. For example, if your partner is late, you can say “I would have appreciated if you had called me”. In this case, it’s all about how you feel and so it’s now up to the partner to appreciate, understand and consider your situation.
Don’t interrupt; listen first: Generally, in an argument, both the partners usually wait for their turn to talk and spurt out their anger and resentment. But this often makes things get worse. Most of the time, disagreements and petty discords, often, get resolved more easily, when someone pays more attention to the cause that might be making the other person upset. Also, watch out for the other person’s body language for getting a grip of his/her feelings. Try and pay undivided attention to what your partner has to say. Only when you have understood what might be the reason for all the hullaballoo, should you start explaining.
Don’t dig up the Past: Always stick to the discussion and the controversy at hand. Never dig up old corpses. Digging up past hatchet will only churn out further heated arguments, things you surely would want to avoid. Remember, resolving multiple conflicts could only get nastier and even more difficult.
Explain later, Acknowledge first: The most effective way of avoiding sudden escalation of disagreements is to first listen and acknowledge your partner’s feelings. Do it even if you think that the other person’s argument lacks reason. Take your time to hear out the other person.
Maintain a Positive and a Respectful Tone: Lastly, maintain a positive and a respectful tone. And never abuse. Abusing is derogatory and can invite further malice that will only keep on spiraling north. There never was and will never be any alternative to maintaining dignity and holding your ground no matter how much the malice is. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Helo doctors I'm in a relationship from past two years but I every time wants to meet her even while studying I think of her and can't concentrate on studies .every time I see her I want to kiss her but she never allows me .Ilove her a lot and so does she .I can't see her talking with other boys I can't see her enjoying without me .plz help me out. I wanna concentrate on studies.
Hi I have a problem i.e, my husband do very anger. He start break anything in home also bad behave with me. What should I do for control his anger. please suggest.
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence. Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
1. Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
2. Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
3. Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
4. Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
5. Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colours or ability of colouring within the lines.