Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Maullika SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 50 yr old, I am suffering from writer's cramp which caused anxiety & depression. Taking propanalol, alpazolam and pregabalin since long. Since a few year feeling sleepiness at day time, memory loss and digestion problem. Want help please.
She is suffering from severe palpitations and anxiety. Even after taking treatment she did not get any relief. Please advice wht to do.
I am 47 years of age. I am taking 200 mg*i.e 2*tablets eltroxin and had hashimtos thyroid after my delivery in 2000. Last month my tsh was 4.02 but total cholesterol was 225*and fasting sugar was 109. How can I reduce my cholesterol.
I am unable to take the spicy foods because of having the habit of chewing the gutkha. So please suggest me the remedy in ayurvedic.
I am very desperate about my studies what to do? Can any one tell how to improve my memory skills? Thank you on advance.
Depression in children is not a very uncommon phenomenon. But if the feeling of sadness persists over a period of time with little or no change to their behavior, then it can be seen as a symptom of depression. Children who are suffering from depression need immediate and utmost care as negligence may cause severe long term effects on the child. Read on to find more about them.
Symptoms that indicate childhood depression vary. Some of the different symptoms which indicate depression are:
- Social withdrawal
- Feeling of worthlessness
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Reduced ability to function during events
- Continuous feelings of sadness
- Physical complaints
- Depression in children can be caused due to the combination of a multitude of reasons.
- Children from a family history of depression are more likely to be suffering from depression.
- Similarly if the parents suffer from depression then it is more than likely that the child will also suffer from depression.
- Children from conflicted families or children and teens who are prone to substance or alcohol abuse can suffer from depression.
- Reasons such as physical health, environment, genetic vulnerability or biochemical disturbance can lead to depression.
The treatment process of depression in children is similar to that of adults and can be treated with psychotherapy and medication. If your child is depressed consult a Pediatrician who after his or her diagnosis may refer you to a psychiatrist. The medical specialist will recommend psychotherapy or medication. In some instances, a child suffering from depression may be suicidal. Parents are advised to be vigilant and observe certain behavioral changes that the child may have adapted to or suddenly switched to. Some of the signs are mentioned below:
- Changes in eating, sleeping or activities
- Isolating oneself even from family
- Talking of suicide, feeling helpless or hopeless
- Increased risk taking behavior
- Substance abuse
- Giving away possessions
Psychotherapy or antidepressant medication use is usually depending on the predominant symptoms and the severity of depression. The best results often result from a combination of prescribed medication along with multiple sessions of psychotherapy. We must understand that depression is just another disease with is treatable like any other illness so do not hesitate in seeking professional help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
Hello doctor, I have some strange feeling of guilty,I keep thinking that I made a mistake which cannot be corrected , so this feeling is killing me inside, I keep thinking about this all the time. Can you suggest me what I should do to get rid of this and lead a normal life?
I am not able to sex with my wife when she want me to have, not attracted to her or feeling. Watching porn or imagine other woman.
What is sexual desire?
It is the attraction that manifests itself in a physical way, which leads to sexual excitement, peak and intercourse for satisfactory sexual activity. This is considered a normal part of the physiological make up of human beings. Yet, there are individuals who suffer from complete lack of desire, which may be categorised as an often unnoticed health issue. This can affect both men and women. So what else should you know about lack of desire? Here's our list!
- Lack of Desire for Women: Women often go through phases where they experience complete lack of sexual desire. This could be due to a variety of reasons, starting from hormonal changes to stress. This condition is usually known as Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder for women. This can be due to a combination of physical as well as mental factors.
- Lack of Desire for Men: Lack of desire for men is usually characterised by a condition known as erectile dysfunction where the patient may have a problem in getting and retaining an erection for long enough to go through with a complete cycle of sexual activity. The causes for this may range from ailments like low testosterone, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases, to stress.
- Frequency: Contrary to popular belief, lack of sexual desire does not happen due to less frequency of sex, for either male or female patients. As per medical studies, there is no set behaviour or pattern that can create low sexual desire.
- Relationship Issues: The issues may range from conflict and lack of performance as well as an utter lack of any kind of emotional stability and satisfaction in the relationship. This is one of the most common causes for lack of desire for both males and females. It may lead to complete lack of sexual interest for females, and stress that causes erectile dysfunction for males.
- Sociocultural Stress: Many times, there are many sociocultural factors that affect conditions like lack of desire. This may include stress due to one's job or peer pressure. In many cases, constant exposure to media executed imagery and pornography can also lead to unreasonable expectations. This can lead to stress and lack of interest in one's partner.
- Medical Issues: Lack of desire may also be a side effect of medical ailments like depression and other mental related problems. Also, chronic physical ailments like endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders can lead to such problems. Lack of desire may happen due to certain types of medicines like antidepressants and contraceptives.
Get to know more about your problem by visiting a doctor in case it becomes a persistent condition so that due treatment can take place.
A student. Sometimes I used to smoke & now I am feeling very low. So smoking is the issue for this weakness.Please tell.
Hello I am 26 years old, in my 16-20 years age I easily remember everythig I read/learned, but now I forgot everything by 1 day, why it is happened? please tell me how to get back my memory power?
My Dad is 57 Years Old, Me and My Mom are quit sure that he is taking alcohol in Work Place at night, We can feel by his style of talking and He started using some chewing gum to remove the smell of alcohol from his mouth, He Has Blood Sugar and High Blood Pressure. Please Help me because I do not want him to take alcohol anymore.
मेरे पिताजी की उम्र 77वर्ष है वे 1998 से शुगर के मरीज है।वर्तमान में उन्हे कुछ यद् नही रहता ,पिछले दिनों गिरने से सिर् में अंदरुनी चोट से ब्लड जमा होने से याददाश्त चली गयी थी 3 दिन तक आ इ सी यू में रहे ।काफी कमजोरी महसूस कर रहे है चककर भी आते है ऑ खो की रोसनी भी काफी कम हो गयी है दो कदम चलना कस्तप्रद हो गया है । उपचार बतावे
Last 3 years my wife has been undergoing treatment for her condition after consultation with a psychiatrist. She has been prescribed the following medicine: fluanxol inj, serta 100mg, pacitane and melzap mp 0.5. She is completely normal and continue to take medicine. I would like to know whether there would be any side effects and also how long she should take this course?
What are mood swings?
Mood swings are defined as sudden and abrupt changes in mood. These mood swings can sometimes help promote problem solving abilities, but a stronger form of these can be associated to a more complex disorder namely, bipolar disorder that is characterised by the cyclical shift from manic to depressive and vice versa.
What causes mood swings?
There are several things that can trigger mood swings starting from your brain chemistry to substance abuse. The most common cause of moods swings can be-
- Abnormal levels of neurotransmitters (NTs) in the brain (ex. Serotonin is majorly responsible for change in moods, changes in emotional state and sleep)
- Anabolic steroid abuse
- Borderline personality Disorder
- Autism or other pervasive developmental disorders
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Major depression
- Post traumatic stress disorder
How to deal with mood swings?
Mood swings can make life difficult for yourself and those around you as well. It is advisable to keep your mood swings under control in order to get along with your life normally.
- Try to remain positive: May be you have had a string of heartbreaks off late or failed interviews, but do not let that define a trend in your life. This can lead to depression and make you upset. Keep your mind open to other possibilities and never lose hope. Hope is something that keeps one going; it gives someone a purpose in life.
- Balance your life: Learn to maintain a balance between work and leisure. Don’t make your life all about work, take small breaks to do what you like (perhaps read a book, or play an instrument).
- Accept the grey in your life: “Life is like a box of chocolates”. You will never know what comes your way. It is never just black and white. Learn to accept that life can go a little downhill sometimes, but don’t be too alarmed by that. Enjoy the best and always keep yourself prepared for the worse.
- Learn to laugh: Enjoy and appreciate the little things around you. It might surprise you, if you consciously look around with an open mind, you will see the miniscule things that may make you laugh. Maybe that neighbour you find annoying is actually a fun guy to be with or that aunty who is always badgering you with questions is actually concerned about you. And most of all learn how to laugh at yourself! People have made a career over doing that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You are more fun than you expected to be. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.