Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Mala MurlidharYour feedback matters!
How can we liberate from doubting nature? I am having doubting nature and over possessiveness. What should I do to relieve from this?
I am hari. Studying tech final year. I lost my memory power. Forget some important knowledge. What I am doing now?
I have been suffering from depression for last three years, I have lost my most of memory power and also I have a headache problem. whom should i consult.?
My wife is so good that she cares for everyone and that is why she always remains under depression. She always does good for others but in return , she does not get the same. Further she remains conscious to help everyone.
I am 24 years old, I was smoking from past 2years and I wanted to know what are the health risks of smoking and how to get away from it.
I am suffering from depression from last 18 years and my psychotherapist prescribed me Tab depran Fort 20mg. Is there any alternate medicine or therapy to switch over the medicine. Pl. Help me.
I feel very depressed and lonely. I think on any topi or the things happened to me allot. Sometime I feel to suicide. please suggest me a medicine Which not cause any harmful affect to my body.
Yes often but in a diff way. I do not feel very frustrated or hormonal excitement. Instead I feel very sad & weak. Like going in great despair. Difficult to talk or reply to anybody at that time. Prefer loneliness. Keep myself away from relatives. Prefer formal talking.
Depression in adults is a lot different from depression in younger people. Adults have the overburdening thrust to believe they should be able to deal with any situation however adverse of their own accord. This pushes them to such a point that they bottle up worries and anxieties making themselves vulnerable to depression. Reaching out for help is almost a wager; lost before a fair trial. An elderly person could remain depressed due to varied reasons but the cause is seldom remorse. Assuming the cause as sadness could depress your loved ones even more.
Take a look at the following factors that can depress older adults;
- Serious ailments like strokes, cancer, diabetes, thyroid and so on so forth.
- The loss of a dear friend or a family member.
- Excessive work pressure.
- Stagnation in personal life, passions and goals.
- Lack of motivation to do the slightest of things.
To prevent depression in adults the following ways should be kept in mind:-
- Interaction is the key principle- Adults might need to talk. Being a grown- up doesn't mean you don't need suggestions and advice of your friends and relatives. Try to interact with a person who you think is depressed.
- Try to identify medical conditions and look for reliable treatment- Medical illnesses like cancer or diabetes can take a toll on your mental strength. It can discourage you from living life with full vigor and energy. Thus medical conditions should be treated with due care and a person suffering should be encouraged to take professional psychological consultation.
- Providing a person with space is mandatory- Adults hate being domineered or patronized. When they need space they should be allowed to be alone. It could help them deal with depression better. Staying alone doesn't always involve loneliness. People might need to clarify things to their own selves or might even need time to introspect.
- Make a depressed person take care of a pet- The presence of a pet in the household can relieve its members of accumulating stress. An adult when made to take care of a pet has added responsibilities and will naturally have less scope to wallow in their own sorrow. A pet gives a person the love and affection he or she had been lacking all along.
- Humor is a wonderful pill- Create opportunities to make a person laugh. Share jokes or make them watch funny shows.
- Ensure the person gets enough sleep- A full night's sleep is extremely important. Insufficient relaxation can push you towards depression. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.