Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Lalita BhatYour feedback matters!
Hello Doc, I'm loosing weight last two years time since my return from china. There's no medical problem nor any mental illness, but a huge stress personal and professional. Please suggest me how can I gain weight again, weight has significantly dropped from 68 kgs to 45 kgs. Thank in advance.
My brother of age 15 is suffering from from severe memory loss. He even forgot alphabets. Since three months he is suffering with this memory loss. Please give an advice doctor.
I am living a worthless life. I have no self image for myself. I feel dull and stupid. People do not find me attractive or impressive. Life has just become a compromise for me. I crave to become a strong and bold personality. But I wonder if I ll ever be one. M a 24 years old lady. I want to develop my personality since m suffering from social anxiety disorder. N this has further put an inferiority in me. I feel useless. Have even been to psychiatrists. But then I was not satisfied. Plsss somebody help me. Will be grateful for the rest of my life.
I lose my anger very easily and I am a short temper like I want that by doing physical abuse I will satisy. And many times I feel depressed that there is no obd who will listen to me. I just feel lonely and do not want to love anymore.
I my exams are nearby and cannot recollect whatever learn pls help me with some home remedies to improve concentration and memory.
I am feeling depression while I am feeling depression at evening time at summer I don't know reason of it what but not able to understand it wil l you help me with it as soon as possible pleased let me know.
Hi I am 33 years old, DOM -12/2009, in starting days me and my wife were enjoying the sexual life, but after delivery my wife having Zero interest in sex. I am very upset when ever I request her, she refuse it. After so many times if I request her, she agree, now I am very quickly discharge also. I am shame on very self also. Some time I thought I kill my self due to frustration. I having a son his age is 2+. Please advice me what should I do. I am very depress.
My exam is not far. Bt I have lots of stress. So I can't study. So my stress is increasing day by day. What I do?
I'm really worry about my sister life. She got married 2 years back and have a boy baby. About her she is somewhat adjustable, so friendly, Caring women and short tempered. Nowadays she is full of stress and anxiety. I spoke with her regarding this. She complained about her family and they are the reasons for this stress. Some misunderstanding between her and her husband. I told both of them to talk openly and find what's the problem for this? But nothing work's out. Her mother in law is somewhat adamant character. I don't know how to make my sister life peaceful. Please help me to find solution. Thanks in advance.
I am suffering from Depression and Insomnia for the past 27 years and I am taking treatment with a Psychiatrist. I am taking powerful sedatives and Anti-Depressants, still I don't get deep sleep during night and am not fresh at all in the morning and I can't wake up early in the morning. So I can't go to a Job. There are so many side-effects are there. One such side-effect is Gastric trouble! I can't shit one time! Few hours after shitting again I feel like shitting! How to get rid of this Problem? Please suggest me Doctor!
I am 19 year old male I had panic attack around 4 months ago .I had heart palpitations at that time and suddenly it feels like it stopped beating and the fear leads to my 1st panic attack. But after that it become a cycle of fear of death. I don't know how to get out of it. I had fear of death when I was around 10 but then I knew that it will happen after 60-70 years after but in now it feels like I am going to die everyday. And the old child anxiety of death is dragging me with more effective force. What to do?
The activity of delaying or putting off something is known as procrastination. Even the best individuals battle with it consistently. However, some people accomplish something that the majority of us do not- they push past it. They do not permit it to influence their work. They develop brilliant and beneficial techniques to break past mental obstructions and remain productive. Here are a few ways with which you can beat procrastination:
- Try to start: Starting something can be very difficult. However, in case that you can get over that part, you will have some level of energy. Even your brain will probably goad you to continue dealing with the task. This happens because of a mental phenomenon called the Zeigarnik impact. It says that unfinished tasks will probably stay in your memory. This is exactly why planned things and to-do lists consistently appear in your mind until you finish them.
- Separate huge tasks into smaller assignments: Enormous tasks can frighten you, so you put them off. By taking that huge task and separating it into smaller assignments, you can decrease your burden make a start. This could include concentrating on one part of the research to begin with.
- Ask yourself “why?”: It is easier to inspire yourself to accomplish something you value. In case you are attempting to complete something, why not spend a couple of minutes asking yourself precisely why you need to do it and why it is so important to you. Weighing out the positives and negatives of the task and its benefits for you, can make you decide and perform better.
- Attempt to take a break: For those who procrastinate out of having worked too much, it does not mean you have to complete the task at once. This is known as the "sunk cost bias." The "sunk cost bias" influences players, speculators, and even a procrastinator. They feel that the task will need to be completed now and cannot be completed in the future. In some cases, a task simply does not mean you have to work on it more and more after hours.
- Go easy on yourself: To beat procrastination, you should be strict with yourself. However, that is not what science says. In case that you have procrastinated till now, you will probably begin on time going ahead. You need to show yourself some sympathy for your previous laziness instead of thrashing yourself about it.
Self-control is an important quality many successful individuals have. Having self-control permits you to carefully understand why you are procrastinating and can likewise, work towards it. When you understand why you are doing so, it will be easier for you to make a plan to beat it. This will allow you to see the underlying cause of your problem as well.
How do conditioning, cognition, and biology contribute to the feelings andthoughts that mark anxiety disorders? Provide a specific example of each.
Parental Depression is an aspect which affects the innocent child, right from the time it is in the mother's womb.
Maternal depression could be due to various reasons ranging from familial disharmony to poor health. Unfortunately, a depressed mother's pessimistic thoughts could pass on to the pure soul inside her. So the effect starts in utero. After birth, she may be careless and negligent towards a child whose most important requirement is love. And children of these mothers become victims of behavioral and cognitive problems and poor school performers. They may also acquire the illness of depression eventually.
A depressed father will display stress and agitation instead of engaging the young minds in interesting learning or other activities.
Hence, before stepping into parenthood, it's important to be mentally fit and not just physically healthy. Exercise and meditation is of great help and of course a happy home environment.
Supporting each other is the key to getting things on track again.
- Talk to your spouse: Chat with your spouse, showing affection, doing things with them and encouraging them to get out of the house are important.
- Appreciate her but respect your family: Help her see that the family needs her and appreciates that she is expecting. While doing the same ensure that you respect the feelings of your family members.
- Opt for specialist care: Offer to see a therapist and encourage her to take medications. Getting the help of an expert helps get guidance to handle difficult situations.
- Be emotionally present with her: Go with her to as many antenatal checkups as you can, and make sure you are there for the ultrasound scans. This encourages a woman and gives her the satisfaction that her partner is involved.
- Compliment her and pay attention to her: Many women find it difficult to cope with the changes in their body during pregnancy. She may be worried about stretch marks, concerned about weight gain or just be feeling not much like her old self. Make sure to compliment her and let her know how much you love her.
- Be a shoulder for her to cry on: Listen to all of her concerns, and offer her the reassurance and support she really needs.
- Be there to help: After the birth, your partner will need time to recover. She will be exhausted, sore and hormonal, and will be relying on you for support. Help with the baby, and do as much as you can.