Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Jayalakshmi E KYour feedback matters!
I am 41 years old. Having blood sugar 160/260, bp 150/100, having lots of stress in office work and family life.
Does anybody get Anxious when they meet friends I find when I try to communicate I heat up and get nervous feel all sorts can't wait to get back home, I wish I can find away to deal with this so I can meet people and get on with it, I find some people it don't bother so wondering if it's only me.
I cannot sleep at night no matter how badly I am feeling sleepy still I cannot sleep I usually sleep after 5 a.m. I am in certain situations that make me very tensed and depressed. I also feels that this is making me gain a lot of weight I have gained around 5-7 kgs in past few months. All I want is a good and proper sleep at night kindly help me in this.
I want to increase my concentration power so that I can stdy better And learn easily please suggest some tips I also forget the things and its hard for me to learn the things.
I'm taking veniz 75 for several years. This was prescribed for anxiety. If I don't take some uneasiness in my head next day. Please suggest .
I have been doing masturbation from past 6 years. . 2 years before I could speak fluently but now I can't speak without stammering and I can't do any work without staggering so pls give a solution for this problem.
Hi. Its about my friend's father. He is an occasional drinker. But whenever he drinks he gets irritated and starts behaving differently towards his family. At normal times also he sometimes gets irritated suddenly which is not often. My question is. Is it due to depression or anxiety. Kindly help. I will further consult in details.
My friend in depression because his wife in love and sex with other person before marriage so he think about this matter please help us.
Are you suffering from acute depression? Well, in this case nothing can be a better solution than taking anti-depressants. Anti-Depressants are nothing, but specialized medicines or drugs that can help in releasing the stress hormones and finally the depression is completely eliminated.
These medicines need to be taken only if the doctors have prescribed the same, otherwise you might face innumerable complications. Some people think that these drugs are equivalent to sleeping pills; in fact they are not.
What are the benefits of the ani-depressants?
- Provide Tranquillity: You can feel calm by taking the tranquilizers. However, in this case, you have to be very much aware of the perfect dosage as overdose can create innumerable troubles that cannot be easily rectified. In fact, these medicines can be treated as one of the major aspects of any psychological treatment. These drugs are the most powerful of all, and on the other hand, you can have greater effectiveness after consuming the same. If you are facing heath complications while taking these anti-depressants, then you have to immediately inform about the same to the doctor so that you can remain absolutely safe and protected.
- Increases Comfort: Your comfort level can be increased to a great extent. If you think that alcohol can provide you comfort, then you are wrong. Your health will get deteriorated a lot by having alcohol. But in this case, you will not face any health complications until and unless dosage is exceeded. All anti-depressants are not suitable for your health, and this is the reason you should listen to your doctor and then only consume the same. You should learn the safest usage of anti-depressants so that you can remain healthy and safe along with the elimination of stress and depression.
- Treating Anxiety Disorders: Anxiety is of the most critical types of mental disorders that cannot be easily treated, and this is the reason doctors often prescribe different kinds of anti-depressants so that anxiety can be controlled. In this case, Barbiturate deserves special mention and this drug is suitable for all. Nembutal and Phenobarbital are also very much beneficial in treating anxiety disorders. Acute stress and panic attacks can be resolved only by consuming Benzodiazepines. Brain activity can be reduced, and your nerves can get relaxed. This calming effect is really quite soothing in nature and can help you to stay away from all kinds of depression.
Hi I am a 26 years old girl and I am working. It's been 6 months I suffered from Anxiety Neurosis. Now I am all ok. But sometimes no actually most of the time I feel so weak like my hand and legs always feel shaking type of feeling. So please suggest me some health drinks or energy drink.
Dear sir/maim, during study my mind is not well concentrated and easily distracted. I can't remember the subjects for 1 day at least. What I can do to increase my memory and concentration power during study. Please reply soon.
My husband always reveals the past things and makes issues and allegations. He is always negative in thinking and never reveal the truth. In that time he shouts like anything beats me and he also hits his head to the walls. Many times I tried him to take towards a psychiatrist be he refuses to come with me. What should I do when he never gives a chance to discuss and know how to behave like a matured. He is 33 years and we have two kids. I am afraid of his behavior and daily I am tired of brainstorming to him, please help me out,
I am male 21 years old I have bad habits I have eating chewing tobacco since 2 year I want to leave this kindly help me.
I smoke marijuana often or you can say as in prescribed way for anxiety and depression. Is there something bad I should care about?
I have been feeling extremely depressed since an year now. I'm a class 12 student (i was born on may 4 2000). I was fine till class 10 but things changed when I went to join another school in class 11. I ended up dropping out of that school after 2 months of joining. I became extremely depressed and refused to leave the house. I joined another school but I go to school only once a week, and my teachers are really pissed about it. I lack motivation, I feel extremely low, I just can't get up and be normal and go to school everyday. Waking up in the morning has become extremely hard. I either oversleep or don't sleep at all almost every single night. I talked to my parents about this but they just think its a state of mind and I'm just feeling sad. My dreams would be crushed if I continue being the way that I am. I definitely need as quick fix to this problem as I cannot afford to fail in my class 12 board exams. I have always had high dreams and hopes and if this problem continues, I don't think I would be able to pursue my dreams. I'm failing in every single subject now and I feel horrible and suicidal. Everyday I wonder why do I even bother living? Life just doesn't excite me anymore. I really need to get out of this dark hole and make myself a future. Please help, I really need help so bad right now. Thanks!
Hi there, Actually I am a chain smoker and I have been smoking for last 5 years, which is not effecting my health And I want to quite, so can you please guide me to quite smoking?
I m not able to concentrate on my studies. I am preparing for competitive exams that require at least 10 to 12 hours of study daily. I feel lazy n sleepy n keep on yawning while studying even after I take 8 hrs of sleep. I can't sit for long to study. I want to increase my capacity of sitting for long hours to study as well as my concentration power. I want to focus as much as possible because this is the crucial time to build my career. please also suggest diet. Exercise. Yoga. Whatever that may help in my case.
In this fast-moving world, there is no room for self. Growth of IT firms and other long-hour demanding work has led to compromises in your lifestyle - long hours in front of computer, sleeplessness, late-night sleeping, quick bites, leaving us with emotions of anger, anxiety, stress and so on. This is a major reason why people today are hypertensive.
Diseases due to Hypertension: Tension and stress are the building blocks of numerous serious ailments like cardiovascular diseases, asthma, spondylitis (back pain) and grey hair. You may also suffer from gastritis leading to ulcer.
Natural ways to treat Hypertension : Ideally, tension and stress are not diseases. If you can control these, you can control the conditions that take root because of them. Naturopathic (or alternative medicine) treatments for tension and stress are most ideal.
Here are some natural ways to treat hypertension.
- Sleep well: An adult should sleep for a minimum of 7-8 hours daily. Your body cells rejuvenate while you are in a relaxed state. Many jobs demand late-night work or night shift work. However, your body is meant to sleep early at night. Instead of working late night, you can start your work early.
- Eat right: Stress leads to elevated levels of sugar in your body. Try to avoid sugary content food. Your body needs balanced diet of proteins, carbohydrates, less of fats, and more of vitamins and minerals. For proteins, eat fish, eggs or white meat. For vegetarians, you can have soy, cereals and protein drinks. Diet must include milk products like yoghurt, milk, vegetables rich in minerals and vitamins and roughage (salads).
- Destressing exercises: Nowadays, most of the jobs demand sitting for long hours. Physical activity is one of the ways to de-stress your body. A 45-minute walk would also help. Alternatively, yoga or tai-chi type marital art helps to de-stress. Breathing techniques involved in meditation also play a vital role.
- Anger management: Develop patience. That would automatically lead to anger management at your workplace as well as at home. Be a good listener. Laughter therapy also helps as it releases many happy hormones in the body.
- Supplement for stress: This has to be the last tip when you do not perform the first four. Multivitamins containing vitamin B and minerals such as magnesium are recommended. You can count on certain herbs such as Ashwaganda, Ginseng, Rhodiola and St. John's Wort.
Despite following these tips, you may still face problems because every human is different and reaction to every remedy could be different. In such cases, approach for expert advice.