Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geetha Appachu
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha AppachuYour feedback matters!
Hello . I am so much concern about my sister's life. My dad love her very much that it became problem to her life now. Now her age is 23. She grown up in closed world and never learned anything (basic general knowledge, math , social relationships everything). Because of too much love of my father she became stubborn. Problem is she got married at the age of 18 and gave birth to 2 children. She is not behaving properly with her husband and in-laws. She became maid in her house. Even they also concern with her behavior. She stopped thinking on her own. She just became robot. Can you please give me solution for this ?
I was prescribed with stalopam lite 1 pill at night few moths ago by my family physician. And that helped me a lot. Now I'm feeling depressed again so can I start the course same as that on my own or should I visit my physician again?
I am 30 years old suffering from Anxiety disorder from last 8 years. I am taking medication like tryptomer and alprax. Please suggest how can I get rid of this anxiety.
I am 36 years old woman. I have anxiety problem. I feel unhappiness & insecure without any reason. Sometimes depressed too. What diet should I follow & to avoid what? please help.
I am 24 years male. I have problem of depression from past few years. And a continuous thinking cycle is running in my mind randomly always. I haven't taken any treatment yet. What should I do?
I have been smoking for 1 year. I smoke around 6-7 cigs daily. I want to quit smoking. I have tried everything. Self hypnosis, nicotine gum treatment. Bt craving is so bad that I start smoking again. Suggest methods to quit smoking?
I am 27 years old. I have backache and legs pain as I am trying to quit smoking. I used to smoke weekly. Could you please guide me how to quit smoking so that it be easy and painless?
My voice had become little vibration type. I am not a chain smoker but occasionally I do. Hw to get back my purified voice?
Bipolar disorder is a condition where the patient may go through certain periods of extreme happiness and joy which is known as mania. On the other hand, there may be other periods where the patient may be extremely sad and depressed and even suicidal.
In some individuals, these phases may last quite long whereas, in others, they may change very quickly. However, there are certain common symptoms displayed by patients with bipolar disorder. Let's look at a few of them.
- Feeling extremely happy, to the point of being careless - Certain patients, at the onset of bipolar disorder, will feel extremely happy and have their sense of judgment hampered. When patients feel very elated without proper context, or for very small reasons, it could be an indication that the person is experiencing mania.
- Feeling extremely depressed - Similarly, on the other end of the spectrum, if a person feels extremely depressed without an appropriate reason, it may be due to bipolar disorder. Also, the severity of depression and the length of time for which a person experiences it is also an indicator of the condition.
- Lack of interest in activities which formerly interested you - You may suddenly lose interest in an activity that genuinely interested you earlier. This may include your profession or hobbies.
- Loss of appetite during the depression phases - During the phases of depression or sadness, which may sometimes last for months, a person may rapidly lose weight due to lack of interest in food. Even for patients who have shorter cycles of changes lasting for only a few weeks, this will be noticeable.
- Extreme restlessness and lack of sleep during the manic phases - When the person enters a manic or happy cycle, it may trigger over enthusiasm, restlessness and lack of sleep. This, like the depression phase, will also vary from patient to patient and may continue for the entire duration of the phase. A jump from a depression cycle into this phase will be definitely noticed by others.
If a few of these symptoms are detected, then the patient should be taken to a mental health professional for appropriate treatment as soon as possible. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!