Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Ms. Chitra T VYour feedback matters!
I am always thinking about future and not enjoying the present. So I feel worry about my future. Please suggest me how can I make my present life happy.
I love a girl a lot, it's not only attraction we don't have any physical relation, she started ignoring me but I am not able to forgot her pls help me I can't leave without her. She is already married n I am not married. Everytime I thinking about her. My life is disturbed. What can I do? please tell me solution.
My daughter in bipolar she is taking olzeanplus 20 mg with arifine 5 mg for the past 2 month. Now doctor advice to take altura 40 mg. After taking the take tablet for 15 days she is ok from depression. Bt now she is more annixety pinching, slapping too much enthuastic. My question is is the tablet is good .can we continue .pls give a answer.
Hi Doctors, Currently the water resource we have is bore well of 500 tds. Please let me know what type of precaution should I take in order to stop hair fall. I have aquguard for drinking water. But for bathing I am using bore well water. How I should soften the water in order to prevent damage of hairs.
I have a friend who wants to quit smoking. She has tried mediation. But nothing helps. Do you think therapy would help or what is the best method for her to quit smoking. Thank you.
Today been diagnosed with bipolar and now have to stop taking cit and start on new meds so the journey begins all over again and still off work so all in all the mountain summit is getting further away.
Sir/mam I am a boy of age 16 and once I watched lesbian videos and chat with lesbian girls and from then I am addicted to it but now I want to leave these things so I decided to not watch any type of these videos and chat with lesbian girls but it irritate me so much. Everytime these types of things come in mind, due to which I can't study properly. Whenever I study, these types of thing come in my mind and make me so irritable. So please Dr. help me I am in a huge problem please help me Dr. please.
I am 24 years of age. I have a bf and we are in a relation fr abt 5 yrs. Our families know abt it and everything is fine. I had askd something abt my relationship before also. I jst want to ask something particular. This might seem to be irritating or nagging but that is actually what I feel. My bf has gone for a tour. I know that he needs to enjoy der instead of thinking abt me or anything else. I do not disturb him by calling. I just msg him on watsapp. I wait for his one msg. He comes online but does not msg me. I asked him since he came online he can jst leave a small msg which would make me feel good. He said that I was at work and so he dint text. Its a saturday and I wrk fr half day. Even though he forgot that its a saturday I do come home arnd 2-2: 30 for lunch break and he had come online just before that. It might seem a bit irritating but it really kills me from inside. Yesterday I jst pranked him saying I am admitted in the hospital. I gt a call frm him in d next 5 mins. Thats when I tld him that its not that he does not have time but its just abt your preference. When I am out of station I give him my time by myself. But I always have to ask him y he couldnt find a bit of time to even msg me. I am a person who feels these small things matter a lot and makes me feel good. He knows everything about me by nw. I just want an experts opinion on this bcos wen I tell him or explain to him he never agrees. He feels wat I say is wrong. Is taking small efforts more impnt then always giving reasons ?Kindly advise.
Early childhood is a time when the brain develops rapidly and nutrition is an important part of healthy brain development. It is important for children to eat a variety of foods that can provide them with the proper intake of carbohydrate, protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. There is a very strong mind-gut connection; therefore focusing on the food you choose to complete the nutritional needs of your child can make a great difference in their brain function.
Certain foods are better for our brains than others, these brain foods may help boost a child's brain growth and even improve the memory and cognitive development.
During infancy, the amino acids and fatty acids in breast milk are ideal for optimal brain development. The brain continues to grow throughout early childhood and children who do no consume a balanced diet are at risk of developing mental retardation and behavioral problem.
10 brain foods to feed the mind and body properly:
1. Whole grains: Brain needs a consistent supply of glucose, thus foods those are high in refined sugars and carbohydrates leads to rapid fluctuation in blood glucose levels and the brain doesn't get the steady fuel supply and energy for proper functioning, therefore to nourish the most active part of body include whole-grain breads, oatmeal, roasted grains in the diet of children for regular release of glucose in body. Oats are also rich in vitamin-B, Vitamin-E, potassium and zinc.
2. Eggs: The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate because the egg yolks are packed with choline which boosts memory. Eggs are also rich in protein, which provides energy to help the brain stay alert longer.
3. Fish: Fish is a good source of vitamin D and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss. Salmon, tuna, and sardines are all rich in Omega-3s. The more Omega-3s we can get to the brain, the better it will function and the better kids will be able to focus.
4. Seeds: Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check. For example sunflower seed butter as they are rich in folate, vitamin E and selenium and are safe for nut-free zones.try to include seeds directly to the meals.
5. Iron is important for brain development: Preschoolers and toddlers typically eat less iron-rich foods than they did in infancy. In addition, the iron that children get is usually non-Heme iron (from plant sources,) which has lower availability than heme iron (from animal source).sources beef, nuts and dark leafy vegetable (spinach) and tofu.
6. Milk and Yoghurt: Milk and yoghurt contains healthy fats and proteins those are important for brain health. The majority of the brain is made up of fat, so it is no wonder healthy fat is important to feed the developing brain. Protein is important as it can help brain cells send and receive information effectively. Yoghurt also contains good bacteria that will help boost your child's immune system as well as aid digestion, children need higher dose of vitamin D, which is present in dairy and its products.
7. Organic Foods and leafy vegetables: These organic foods are free from pesticides and insecticides and preservatives and do not cause neurodevelopment problems in children, which will impair proper brain functioning. Green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamin A and K; these keep inflammation at bay .e.g. Spinach, kale, lettuce.
8. Walnuts: The high level of antioxidants, vitamin and minerals in walnuts improves the cognitive health of kids and improve their mental alertness also.
9. Colorful veggies: Vegetables with a rich, deep color such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are the best sources of antioxidants that support brain health and keep brain cells strong. These foods can be given from weaning age.
10. Berries: The color of the food tells the nutritional value of it. All the berries like strawberry, cherries, blueberries and blackberries have intense color are especially rich in vitamin C and high levels of antioxidants. Blueberries have high levels of Gallic acid, which boost memory by preventing degeneration of brain cells.
So, go ahead and try to include different food group to your Child's plate for a better performance.