Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Mr. Vinny GeorgeYour feedback matters!
My issue is that I feel sad daily about 4 years and not interested in any activities and I'm not enjoying any activities and feeling hopelessness and fear with talking people not and feel heavy pressure of own work and lost my studies about 2 years and I feel I need a lover who loves more than her and I feel low and low everyday, one thing I feel tensed but I don't know the reason behind it, in my school days I'm brilliant student now I'm zero and I'm not able to do any work, I cannot take care of myself and confused in life, and many things happens to me like this only.
Actually I think a lot about everything happens with me in detail . Sometimes I feel too much cry . And feel a lot depressed . please help me to come out of it.
I am 44 male, after my schooling, I started smoking. Initially I started with 4,5 puffs from friends cigarette, it slowly gain and I reached, 4,5 packs, 40-50 cigarettes a day, got bronchitis within 5 or so years. Got treated, dropped my cigarette intake to 80-90 %. Started Guthka that time the cheap one available, like 'Tirangaa' and'555' (brand names ), and I still take it but now the expensive one. Due to some domestic problem in my family, I found some dark and ugly ways to avoid those of my haunting 24*7*365*15 (read, hour, week,year and 15 years) I took to heavy drinking and drugging. I kept drinking for 6 years approx, so much that my hands started to shake if alcohol not consumed. Somehow somehow somehow I shunned drinking, and drugging, after 6 years of heavy uses. But now, from last one year I started to take drugs again in the form of a cough suppressant named'Corex'which I usually consume 100 ml * 3 times a day. I want to overcome it as soon as possible. These things has immensely impacted my married and sexual relationship with my wife. My history is above, treatment needed is, how can I wipe out all the bad effects and side effects already running in my biological systems? Sorry for such a long question, but I couldn't explain it in short. Thanking you.
I have a desk job. I have been experiencing headache many times. Mostly I feel when I need to speak much whether on phone/person. I can not concentrate at all during that time. Pls advise.
While many of us may associate healthy food with a healthy body, it is also true that healthy food can support a healthy brain. As we start to grow old, there is something known as oxidative damage which can lead to memory impairment and general brain decline. A healthy brain is one where the brain function is at an appropriate level and the aging process has been pushed back in terms of stellar memory and information processing. According to Ayurveda and other arms of medical science, there are a number of super foods that can help in this process. Here is a list of five foods that can lead to a healthier brain.
- Brahmi: This is one of the most commonly used Ayurvedic herbs. It can be used for many ailments and it also prescribed as a brain tonic for stronger memory. Besides making the memory clear and sharp, this ingredient can improve the brain’s grasping power and the mental capacity of the brain. It is also an excellent anti-anxiety agent, as per Ayurvedic science.
- Ginkgo Biloba: This herb promotes better blood circulation in the brain, which helps in improving the overall brain function. It is also a memory enhancer. This herb is used by Ayurvedic doctors for the treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease and Amnesia. It is a good medicine that can repair the damaged cells of the brain.
- Ashwagandha: This is also known as an Ayurvedic wonder herb. This herb contains many beneficial properties for the brain and the rest of the body. When it comes to the brain and its functioning, Ashwagandha is ideal for patients who are suffering from severe stress. Besides being a stress reliever, this herb can also be used to keep the brain in a calm state for better performance. It helps in improving the functioning of the brain and its complex nerves. This herb is also a good memory enhancer.
- Gotu Kola: Gotu Kola is a well-known Ayurvedic herb that can be used for protecting the nerves from damage. It protects the brain cells as well. Also, it enhances the capacity of the brain and leads to improved performance thanks to the many vital elements that it carries.
- Mulethi: This is a stress relieving herb used by Ayurvedic doctors. It improves the blood circulation in the nervous system, which gives rise to better brain function. This is a very good herb for children and students, as it is a memory booster which helps them in retaining and retrieving information. It is also a stress relieving medicine that can be used to keep the brain calm and cool even in the most challenging situation.
I can not control my mind. I am tired. My mind is down in day by day. I detached from my family. I can not laugh or smile. My exams is on after 2 days. I can not concentrate and study. I cry every days. How can I recover?
Sir/Mam my lips are a little black from outer side. But are red. I mean half part is red n other part is blackish. And secondly the upper lip is more black than the lower one. Due to this difference lips look so bad. I don't smoke. Sir/Mam Give me it's reason and medicine.
According to most experts, Depression and Diabetes have been intricately connected in a vicious cycle. While the prolonged and sustaining nature of diabetes directly makes one vulnerable to the bouts of depression, doctors tend to locate traces of depression in the family history of an individual in order to diagnose the roots of diabetes. It won't be too far-fetched to state that both causes as well as affects the other.
If you have diabetes, either type 1 or type 2, you have an increased risk of developing depression. And if you're depressed, you may have a greater chance of developing type 2 diabetes. The good news is that diabetes and depression can be treated together. And effectively managing one can have a positive effect on the other.
How Diabetes and Depression Correlated?
There are myriad ways in which diabetes affects depression and vice versa.
Firstly, tackling such a long drawn disease and its various pitfalls might cause a lot of anxiety to one and lead to depression. Whereas on the other hand, depression reduces the zeal to live and thus results in poor lifestyle choices which in turn causes weight gain, unhealthy food habits, physical inactivity. As we are well aware, all these have the potential to wreak havoc for any patient of diabetes.
Similarly, diabetes ushers in various other health complications, adversely impacting one's productivity. This may cause depression in a lot of people.
On the flipside, depression impedes one's ability and enthusiasm to work or communicate, this in turn intervenes with one's monitoring of diabetes. Since these two extremely malevolent diseases have such close connections, medical science recommends ways to grapple with both. The rigors of managing diabetes can be stressful and lead to symptoms of depression.
Diabetes can cause complications and health problems that may worsen symptoms of depression.
Depression affects your ability to perform tasks, communicate and think clearly. This can interfere with your ability to successfully manage diabetes.
Treatment: Depression is just like any other illness, it can be treated. Treatment can lift the depression and improve diabetes control.
Looking after your diabetes will help decrease the risk of getting depression. If you already have depression, good diabetes management will help lessen the negative impacts it can have. Depression is no different to any of the other complication of diabetes. It is a genuine illness for which you need to seek help and support from health professionals.
The treatment for depression and diabetes involves a coordinated approach that monitors both diabetes control and the symptoms of depression. It is about finding the treatment that works best for each person. For example, people with diabetes and mild depression may find that regular physical activity improves depressed moods and also helps control blood glucose levels.
If you suspect you might have depression, take control of your health by:
- Going to a doctor or other health professional
- Getting involved in social activities
- Engaging in regular moderate physical activity
- Learning about depression and diabetes
- Very particular about medicines prescribed for Diabetes
- Eating healthily and including a wide variety of nutritious foods
- Achieving and maintaining healthy weight
- Limiting your alcohol intake
- Getting help, support and encouragement from family and friends
- Asking your doctor to check your blood pressure, cholesterol and blood glucose levels If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have Gender Identity Disorder, am a female now but would like to transform into a male. My parents agreed for me to go ahead but they don't want to be involved with all the meetings. And my doctor seem to be handling it for the first time for he keeps calling my father. Hence now my father is irritated and I am back to where I started i.e to convince them again. I am 23 years old. Am I not matured enough to take my own decision for this when I am firm about it ? I can answer all the questions but why is it so hard for me in India to even consult a doctor on my own?
These days I have been so much stressed out due to the reason that my best friend has gone away from me in other city for studying every time I keep on thinking whether he wouldn't forget me or his going away wouldnot affect the bonding between us. How can I over come this stress ?
Hello. Meri abhi engagemnt hui hai. But mera fiance mujhe time nahi deta. Coz uski job nahi hai wo pareshan rehta hai kafi. Or mujhe bolta hai ki mujhse dur raho. Main concentrate nahi kar pata hu. Mere mind me bahut si negative chije aati hai. please help me.
A panic attack can start suddenly and may be caused due a variety of reasons. A patient of depression and anxiety usually goes through such attacks. The symptoms of these attacks include sudden and persistent fear, the feeling of losing control, the feeling of having a heart attack, palpitations problem, sweating, dizzy spells and more. It has been medically proven that most adults go through at least one or more panic attacks in their lifetime.
Here are a few ways in which one can stop a panic attack:
- Recognise the Signs: Take note of the symptoms. From a feeling of choking to detachment, losing control, surreal experiences, dizzy spells, nausea, pain in the abdomen and chills, to tremors, and a fear of facing death, there are many symptoms that can put your body in a fight or flight response where things may suddenly seem terrifying, and without any reason at that.
- Breath Control: Learn to control your breathing as soon as you begin to experience the symptoms. This will help in distraction even as it soothes and calms you down, thus forcing you to think rationally about the fear and helplessness that you are suddenly experiencing. Sit down with your knees bent and let your shoulders relax.
- Relaxation Techniques: Learn and practice a few relaxation techniques during times like these. This may include simple things like rubbing your neck and more focused activities like talking to yourself and meditating.
- Continuation: Remember to hold your breath, let it out, and then carry on with the activity that you had set out to do. If you stop what you were doing, then the message going to your brain is loud and clear and you will panic even further. But if you relax and zone out before letting yourself go about the chore, however robotically, then it will have a positive effect on the messages that are sent to your brain.
- Medication: In the event that you are not able to fully control and relax yourself and your thoughts, then you may want to see a psychiatrist who can prescribe specific medication that will help in relaxing you. Sedatives and antidepressants may also be prescribed for patients who are going through severe episodes of panic with debilitating symptoms.
- Differentiate between Stress and Panic: Many times, we may feel like we are panicking, yet this may simply be a way of going through stress. It is important to focus on recognising events and reactions as stress or panic.
Not allowing yourself run away from a situation is a sure shot way of dealing with panic as this condition the brain to be more accepting and resilient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.