Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mr. VarkeyYour feedback matters!
I noticed that smoke is coming out from my stool and I am having yellow urination from 3-4 months. Even I had black stool in between. So, what does it imply? Is it a serious problem?
Dear doctor, when I become confused or stressed or depressed by putting pressure on mind without sexual stimulation, semen is discharged from penis. So my body is becoming weak and my weight is deduced and head ache I have such a problem. While taking stress, it happens so, is it possible for me to get affected by cardiac arrest, diabetes, some dangerous disease in future. I'm male, age- 29.
I am a college student. I getting stressed often even for small things. I am getting depressed. What is the reason for it?
People start smoking in teen age, how could we prevent them as we know it is an adolescence related problem.
Hi I wanna know one thing and that is if someone is suffering from any type of mental illness but he does not have any type of mood swings and if he only feels and behaves in angry manner and he have some type of delusions then is it possible that he is suffering from bipolar disorder.
I'm always think a lot. Sometimes I try to prevent it but I can't. It makes me much tired. Can you have any advice for me? Thank you!
My voice is very bad , harsh and very low and my breathe power is very low please help me suggest me easy ways to overcome it fastly and I want that my voice becomes sweet and soft.
Hi I'm a male I'm not good looking or handsome nor have a fairer looks thts y girls dnt look at me or I don't have any gf till now I'm 24 years now and I'm single no girls look at me bcoz I'm not fair looking nor good looking or handsome so I feel or get depressed by this and think alot I feel sad and depressed very much please help me or tel me wat should I do please help me with this please.
Always I feel very lonely I can't trust the people because few situations in my life had came like that so that I can't be with anyone all the time I feel very very lonely please help me to be free.
Hello Doctor, I am working as a PhD scholar here and I am native of Aligarh (U.P). Doctor I feel I am suffering with mental disorder because of I am not ready to accept some of the incidents happened in my life. And physically I think I am suffering with erectile dysfunction I am getting ejected without erected and felt thinning of sperm. Can you please help me or suggest something?
Alcohol is a major resource of erection problems. A number of people who are addicted on alcohol undergo from brewer`s droop which is a state of male limpness that unable people to get erection.
Apart from impairing your erection countless studies have shown that alcohol utilization is the major cause of risky sex which leads to catching infections and STDs. It is true that alcohol can impair judgment and this revenue that a lot of young people gaffe it as something that improve horniness but as is general knowledge you are less likely to enjoy alcohol induced sex as compared to sex while fully moderate.
Researchers have originate that too much alcohol affects in cooperation your brain and your penis. In a study conducted by University of Washington it was found that men who didn’t consume alcohol were able to achieve an erection more quickly than men who did. While some men were unable to have an erection altogether after consuming alcohol.
That`s because boozing before sex can lead to decreased flow to the penis and also reduces the intensity of your orgasm. It means that even if you are able to have sex after having alcohol you are unlikely to enjoy it as much.
I do smoking on regular basis I want to leave but can not suggest me what step should I take to leave smoking permanently.
I have recurrent depressive disorder and anxiety disorder since then 8-9 year old. Getting treatment from nimhans bangalore they said now you better treat with psychotherapy under CBT therapy. I live at navi mumbai.
I am 40 years old. I am suffering from stammering for childhood. What are the treatment required to cure it.
I get angry very quickly over little little things. How can I keep myself calm and stay focused towards my studies. As I am into BDS profession.
Benefits of tobacco cessation are many. You reduce your risk for hypertension, cancer, cardio-vascular diseases and other serious chronic diseases substantially, at whatever age you quit your nicotine habit. The earlier you quit, the more you benefit. If you quit before the age of 50, you bring down your risk of dying from smoking-related diseases by 50%. But if you’ve crossed 60, suffer from heart disease and/or hyper tension, you can manage these diseases better through tobacco cessation.
Here are a few other health benefits of stopping tobacco use:
- Reduces risks of heart disease, cancer especially lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cuts down risks of Impotence due to erectile dysfunction in men, and fertility problems in women
- Optic neuropathy affects the optic nerve that conducts visual signals from the eyes to the brain
- Cataract Macular degeneration is breakdown of the tissue at the back of the eye
- Gum disease
- Losing teeth early
- Osteoporosis or spongy, thin bones
- Complications in pregnancy i.e. women who smoke have more complications during pregnancy and have low-birth babies.
Your food and drink also tastes better once you kick the tobacco habit.
So, how can you stop smoking? Are there any medications and strategies available? The answer is a definite ‘Yes’. Tobacco cessation has been honed into an art these days.
- Clinics: There are tobacco cessation clinics that help you with tobacco cessation. These are manned by psychiatrists, who can provide detailed information, encouragement, and tips to stop smoking.
- Medications: You can use many medicines while you’re trying to stop smoking. This increases your chance of quitting and including nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). NRT can be in the form of gums, sprays, patches, tablets, lozenges, and inhalers. NRT is even available without a prescription. Medicines called bupropion and varenicline also very useful.
- Electronic cigarettes: Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are designed to look and feel like normal cigarettes. These contain a heating element that vapourises a solution and looks like smoke. Some may also contain low levels of nicotine. There is currently controversial evidence on their efficacy.
- Counselling and behavioural therapy: They are both very effective too, especially if you are being guided by a cessation expert. He or she can help you with a personalised quit plan, including ways to cope with nicotine withdrawal. Apart from this, online support is also available for those who don’t have the time or money to engage in personal, face-to-face counseling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Due to break up with my intimate girl friend I m very very depressed.I cant sleep properly and feel suffocated many times.Please help me.
Stress is the reaction of the body or the mind to the interpretation of a known situation. Stress management, therefore, involves either changing the situation, changing the interpretation or taming the body the yogic way in such a way that stress does not affect the body.
Every situation has two sides. Change of interpretation means looking at the other side of the situation. It is something like half glass of water, which can be interpreted as half empty or half full.
Studies have shown that anger, hostility and aggression are the new risk factors for heart disease. Even recall of anger has been reported to precipitate a heart attack.
Many studies have shown that when doctors talk positive in front of unconscious patients in ICU, their outcome is better than those in whose presence if doctors talk negative.
The best way to practice spiritual medicine is to experience silence in the thoughts, speech and action. Simply walking in the nature with silence in the mind and experiencing the sounds of nature can be as effective as 20 minutes of meditation. He said that 20 minutes of meditation provides the same physiological parameters as that of seven hours of deep sleep.