Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Mr. Sripathi K NYour feedback matters!
I am 27 year old student. I have some memory problem. I quickly forget what I read .so I can not understand what should I do to improve my memory power.
I have a habit of smoking cigarettes . This habit is from 7 years and a least 3 cigarette a day . What are the side effects ? And at what age it will complete show its effect in my body.
I am 19 years old and by this age I am fat and weight of 125 kgs and I am a short temper and I need to come out this both. Suggest an idea to reduce and to be calm.
I lost somebody last year an since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping myself all the time .please helo me.
my dad age is 48 and he is addicted to drink alcohol which is ruining our life he have no medical issue only has blood pressure problem please prescribe me a medicine which can help him to avoid alcohol without any big problems.
I am now Young man and the problem is knowledge power not sufficient, with the hlep of you what can I do for improvement of mind, brain that's what I am do? Please help me!
Dear sir, I have been smoking since 7 years and till now I'm smoking. How to avoid smoking? After how many years do cancer occur in a body?
Hi. for past few months due some domestic and personal problems i have been unable to look after my health, the problem starts with sleeping disorders and most of the times feeling afraid of something going wrong and feeling insecure in crowd, want to go away somewhere very far away from all these problems . I dont understand what to do.
Well I have been facing some stress issues which is increasing day by day and now I have finalized to consult a psychologist. I don't have any idea where to start. But I want the solution. My stress is affecting my health and my social behaviour as well. I feel like shivering more often. Tend to forget things. Agitation and anger are regular. Mind doesn't coordinate with body.
Dear doctor please inform us if there is any permanent solution to schizophrenia having auditory hallucinations, and is under medication from aiims delhi1 in ayurved 2 in homeopathy 3 through supplements 4 through hormone therapy 5 through regenerative meditations 6 yunani meditations 7 nano drug deliveryyou are requested to kindly guide us, we will be highly obliged and thankful to you.
I am suffering with headache frequently, I'm a software employee, working with laptop, feeling so stress, what can I do.
How to get energy and stamina for daily work. I got tired fast, for doing daily work. How to remember answer fast. How to get sharp mind.
I think I am addicted to a guy. He has become my habit. V didn't had sex anytime. Still not able to divert my thoughts. Can you help me with it, in any way.
Hello sir, From few month I forgot many thing in my daily life in these days I am not able to learn new things. I forgot all in short period. Also running negative thought in my mind Is this any kind of depression? Now my blood pressure around 142-145 I want resolve all these problems and want to get my normal life asap Pls help me.
Hi I don' t want to live i am abused and tortured. Please help me. My family loves me a lot. But I just want to run away from every one. A lot has happend in last 3 years. Please help
Pain in neck could rather when I'm sleeping and I can smoke for daily what should I do. Night at sleeping how I'm good going on that.
I have poor memory and useto forget the things which I instant do. Also I keep thinking much all time and goes on deep thoughts.
Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression. This usually sets in low and high moods in a person along with changes in energy and sleep.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.