Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. Sripathi K N
Submit a review for Mr. Sripathi K NYour feedback matters!
Hello good morning Sir/Mam! I am suffering from Schizophrenia and currently on Clozapine. And now the problem is that I can't do any work properly or normally or can say with my ease as that I used to do before taking Clozapine. And it's been two days since I am taking clozapine and still some symptoms present. Hoping to get these symptoms be cured in next few days. But can't do my work properly as that I did without med. So, I want to know that is this the side effect of the drug, if it is then how get rid of, and how can I live and do my work properly along with medication. I can't feel anything natural viz nature (i can not enjoy natural beauties, weather, or whatever related to it), sex, any person, any moment, etc. I finally wanna know that is all these the effects of medication and if so then how to get rid of these or should I stop. I will be thankful for reply.
I am 30 years old male. I am suffering from depression for quite some time. I didnt see any doctor because I feared that antidepressants will have side effects and I might get addicted. But now I feel I need medications. Before seeing a doctor I want to confirm that whether taking anti depressants will have any serious side effect and will I get addicted or dependant on medicines for whole life?
I am 25 years old female. I feel like vomiting when I am tensed. I even vomit sometimes. I am a kind of person who easily get tensed for small reasons. Pls suggest some tips for my problem.
Hello sir im a singer Past 3 month se mera gala baitha hua tha awaj nahi aarahi thi. Mne doctor se cnsult kia or medicine li .yha ke best ent specialiet. Fir awaj aa gai par m feeling. Some hardness I mean awaj bht low ho gai h n bhari bhari lgta h chest m kbi gale mai. Please suggest me something _/\_ I am not able to sing :(
Am a chain smoker. Now am controlled it. But daily one or two cigarettes smoking continuous. What the way to am stopping. If any nikodin flavour chocolates available in store.
Don’t like social gatherings? Have you always been the one who avoids family get together? If your answer is affirmative, then you are probably suffering from Avoidant personality disorder (APD). Avoidant personality disorder is a psychological condition wherein, one feels extremely shy. Becoming overly sensitive to rejection and developing feelings of inadequacy are common signs of this disorder. This disorder can lead to problems in your work life and relationships.
With APD, the commonly surfacing symptoms would include disapproval and disregard of situations and people, rejection and embarrassment. It generally gets very difficult for the one to get acquainted with new people and form intimate relationships. One generally ends up misinterpreting people’s comments and criticism thus, feeling angry and frustrated all the more.
The exact cause of APD has not been established yet. It is believed that environmental and genetic factors play a role in this disorder. People who are inherently shy and reserved are usually prone to developing this psychological anomaly.
How do you treat APD?
In order to treat APD, you can opt for the following modes of treatment:
- Psychotherapy: Cognitive behavioral therapy is a treatment option for APD wherein, the doctor counsels on how to change one’s thinking patterns and thought process, thus, influencing his/her actions.
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy: Psychodynamic therapy involves you becoming aware of the unconscious thoughts. It helps you figure out how your past experiences frame your behavior. Your past emotional pains can be resolved with this technique so that you can move ahead with your life.
- Medications: Anti-depressant medications used to treat depression and anxiety can be used to treat APD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
When it comes to the brain, simple yet easy to make juices can make a lot of difference. These juices not only improve your memory, but are of great help to the cognitive functions as well. While green tea is a known component of increased brain function, there are other drinks too, which can charge your brain over the long term if consumed daily:
- Beet juice: Apart from being a nutritional powerhouse, beet juice is a great source of nitric acid. The latter helps with blood flow in the body. A smooth blood flow, on the other hand, helps the brain in functioning properly. A study has found that people who consume beet juice have an increased circulation in the white matter resulting from an increased brain activity. This juice is sweet in taste and can be consumed every alternate day.
- Berry Smoothies: Acai is a fruit which has a South African origin and hits the top of the list when it comes to brain assisting food. It increases the flow of the blood and dilates the blood vessels. However, this is extremely expensive. Berries also have a similar effect on the brain, but they are less powerful in nature. What can be done is to mix a little ingredient of Acai in frozen berries juice and drink the same every day. Frozen berries retain the freshness and the nutritional benefits. This drink will improvise your brain and increase blood flow in the body.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate is a great antioxidant and it very aptly limits the free radicals from damaging the brain cells. Antioxidants are also credited with increased blood flow and protection of the heart. A healthy cardiovascular system is synonymous to an increased brain function. What is surprising is the fact that Pomegranate has more antioxidant content compared to red wine and green tea. Pomegranate juice can be consumed daily during the morning or afternoon.
- Carrot juice: Carrot is known for its healthy components that are beneficial for the eyes. Recent studies have revealed that they are great for the brain too. Like other colored vegetables, they are a great source of antioxidant and have a high content of beta-carotene. Carrot juice can reduce the inflammation of the brain cells and improve memory. Carrot juice is not at all bitter and the same can be consumed every alternate day after your meal.
- Cocoa: A Harvard study revealed that two cups of cocoa on a daily basis greatly helps a person in improving memory. Cocoa contains flavanols that keep the blood pressure normal and relaxes the blood vessel linings. Cocoa is also known to be a great antioxidant agent that limits the free radical to affect the brain cells. Cocoa should not be overloaded with sugar and should be consumed hot before starting your day.