Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. Sridhara A
Submit a review for Mr. Sridhara AYour feedback matters!
My frnd lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to him all the time please help him.
I am gay I wanna excite my straight friend to be have wild n hard Sex with me tonight I want good relationship with him please suggest me any medicine.
Dear sir/ madamMeri age 34 years hai me tobacco khata hu me isye chhodna chahta hu me isye kese chodu please help me.
Are you stressed out lately and not being able to overcome it for a long time? With the holiday season approaching, you are bound to feel worse as your stress is bound to get in the way of celebrations. Winter is a promising time for celebrating, travelling and having fun, and you cannot let your patience and stress ruin it. Here are some steps following which you will be able to cope with your stress and anxiety, so that you can enjoy
Start with a clear mind:
- Realize that some things are just beyond your control. This is a tough thing to do, but you have to accept it just like the fact that you cannot control rain, sun, and the actions of people. Fighting against something beyond your control will make you stressed out and miserable.
- Realize that there are things, which are in your control. Focus on them and get a firm grip on them. The power of controlling your actions and reactions lies only in your hands. You can also influence your state of consciousness, your physiological responses, and mental processes.
- Learn to surrender and seek acceptance. Instead of resisting against the aspects which you cannot control, surrender to them. This does not make you weak, nor a loser. It is just accepting that you cannot change certain things.
- Be mindful. Stop for a moment, and try observing your internal experience, without any form of judgement. Try to become more conscious and aware of what goes on inside you.
- Take charge of your thoughts. The aim here is not to ignore and deny certain thoughts, but to transform them after analyzing and acknowledging them.
- Utilize your breath. It is an effective tool, which remains with you forever and connects your body and mind. Deep, slow breathing can be more beneficial than you could ever imagine. Keep inhaling and exhaling till you feel relaxed. This is excellent for calming your nervous system.
- Look at the brighter side of life, no matter how hard it may be. Focusing on positive things might make you discover a solution for your stressful condition.
- Take proper care of yourself. Self care is important for eliminating stress. You should take regular showers, eat balanced diet, exercise regularly, and carry out pleasurable activities.
- It is important for you to abstain from comparing yourself with others. Comparisons can cause distorted perceptions and increase stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Can someone elaborate what anxiety is. What is the cause of it and it's effect And how to get it treated.
Hello sir, m 24 year old guy, actually my main problem is excess of sleeping hr, feeling tired all the time , unable to concentrate. Etc. I need medical advice .would you please help me.
Kindly tell me the name of a good book on" Adlerian Techniques" from which I can gain workable method for understanding the goal of the above techniques. Thanking you.
I am not getting concentration on studies but exams r coming soon , I am forgetting Wht iam studying ? Now I am 19 years of age.
Since my Girlfriend betray with me, im forgetting everything during my work time, even facing to remember other person name, Please help me,
My brother is a drug addict what should I do now to stop him from having drugs my family had reject him but I am staying with him in a room in other state.
How to deal with negative self talk? It is hampering my performance at work. I am not able to organize things and make it on time. This makes me feel worse and I find myself anxious because of the deadlines. Please suggest.
I love a girl who is a friend of mine but I don't know she loves me or not. So many time I scolded her but still she is still with me how can I know she also wants me or not and how can I get rid of addiction of her text.
We all have times is life when we feel sad and low. Is that a disease and does it require treatment? how to differentiate that sad feeling with depression? this is the question that comes to our mind which leads us to seek treatment from a doctor.
Depression is basically a disorder of mood where there is an reduction of a chemical called serotonin in the brain. Lack of sunlight, stressfull events such as child birth, illness, divorce, work tensions, bereavement, pain, lack of intimate relationships etc can all lead to depression.
To be classified as depression the following symptoms must be present for at least 2 weeks.
Loss of interest or pleasure in anything including what you used to enjoy before.
Sleep disturbances including early wakening, excessive sleeping or inability to sleep.
Ideas of guilt or worthlessness
Decrease or increase in appetite
Inability to concentrate
Slow and sluggish thought process and movements.
As you can notice all these symptoms effect our normal daily functioning and hence requires immediate attention. Suicidal risk in particular is an emergency and needs hospitalization.
The treatment depends on the condition of the patient and there are several options. Nowadays being depressed has become a cool thing and people take antidepressants" happy pills" by themselves. This is not a healthy thing to do. You must consult a doctor and get yourself evaluated before you take any medicines.
Please feel free to ask me a private question if you need further information.