Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. S V Sreekanteswar Bhatt
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mr. S V Sreekanteswar BhattYour feedback matters!
Not able to concentrate even while writing an exam for a continuous stretch of 3 hrs. I am writing exam for 2 hours continuously and den could not concentrate on rest 1 hour. While I need to concentrate in that hour also as I need to solve quant in that third hour. Pls help me.
Plz tell me whether the voice loss/ voice change due to overuse (while singing high notes), laryngitis or pharyngitis is temporary?
I am 22 years old. I am very thin. My wheat is 50 kg. I do smoking. I want to get fit body. Pls consult me. What I take in food?
A person imaging problems which are not there. Thinking might come. And trying hard to find solutions. Thinking lot on them. In this case what is the state of mind?
Hello sir, My friend has just lost his father and in childhood he has lost his mother too. Now he has no sibling. He is very depressed, feeling very lonely, still we friend are giving support to him but we also have work. We cannot see like him anymore. I need your help.
During study I feel sleeping &my mind is not active at that moment. Please give me a suggestion for this. Please kindly help me and for my future.
Schizophrenia is a psychiatric disorder in which a person’s mood, knowledge, thought and several other characteristics gets disturbed. We can notice most of the adults and old people with few symptoms of schizophrenia, which are most commonly left unidentified. The exact cause of schizophrenia is not yet known. The person feels that they are being constantly watched, they feel the presence of someone or something, which is not actually there. They are always suspicious and think that other people are gossiping and thinking about them.
Possible causes of Schizophrenia
Though the exact cause of schizophrenia is not known there are few factors, which contribute to the cause of schizophrenia.
- Genetic factors: People with a family history of schizophrenia are at higher risk of getting schizophrenia.
- Environmental factors: Environmental factors include excessive stress during pregnancy or later stages of life. Several other factors during pregnancy and childhood are responsible for causing schizophrenia. These factors are:
- Decreased oxygen level during delivery due to premature birth or prolonged labour
- Parental loss or separation in early stages of life
- Parental exposure to virus or during infancy
- Childhood physical or sexual abuse
- Abnormal brain structures and brain chemistry
Sings and symptoms of schizophrenia
- Hallucination: To see, feel or hear anything that really does not exist is known as hallucination.
- Delusion: A thought or belief of a person, which is either false or impossible in reality is known as delusion.
- Thought and speech disturbances: The thought process and speech of a schizophrenic will be disorganized, due to which he or she will fumble or is distracted as they are unable to align their thoughts.
- Difficulty in concentrating: It is difficult for people suffering from schizophrenia to concentrate on the task at hand.
- Erratic behaviour: People suffering from schizophrenia tend to behave erratically, either they will be too jumpy or will be perfectly still for hours at a stretch. Most people belief that those who are suffering from schizophrenia are often violent in nature, which actually is not the case.
Treatment for schizophrenia
Schizophrenia can be treated, if identified at an early stage. It is best advised to consult a psychiatrist the moment you spot the symptoms. Anti psychotic drugs, self help behaviour change, counselling and rehabilitation are few treatment modalities available for schizophrenia.