Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Mr. MaheshYour feedback matters!
We all come across relationships where a lot of negativity is thrust upon us be it from parents, siblings, friends, relatives or at work. What effect does this negativity have on our mind and what changes it can bring in us are described below
Loss of confidence- confidence is key to the successful planning and implementation of any idea. If people around you try to break your confidence to believe and implement in your ideas you are very unlikely to do anything with it.
Lack of self esteem- Self esteem is the mirror image of what we hold in our mind. If we don’t see a good image we are unlikely to like it and do anything with it.
Identity crisis- When we are unable to maintain a definition about us due to constant criticism and nagging we will become unsure of who we really are and what we really are capable of doing. This also effects our ability to project what we really feel and think to the outside world.
Low mood/depression- Feelings of guilt and worthlessness can easily develop once we aren’t able to win the approval and acclaim of people around us. This can make us sink very fast without leaving a trace of what our baseline was.
Impaired problem solving abilities-People who constantly are unsure of what they should be doing due to nagging In changing situations will loose the ability to deliver quick results when they are presented with a new situation.
Impaired concentration-Due to inability to depend on themselves to work out any problem people will develop inability to assimilate and process any kind of information and hence will develop problems of concentration as they are wary to pick up any new task due to fear of mistakes or failure.
Lack of foresight- As they get surrounded by feeling of inadequacy within themselves they start loosing ability to process information to deduce inference and their implications over consequences and hence slowly start loosing insight over what their actions might bring. This makes them incapable of doing actions which lead to what they find as desirable results because they are too busy seeking approval from who is nagging them.
Impaired/inappropraite communication – Due to lack of a coherent and independent functioning practice such people are often unsure of what they are speaking and tend of focus only on seeking immediate approval of who they are communicating with and even in that communication they are not accurate as they are worried they may face nagging due to what they may say. Example is stammering in people is somewhat due to same reasons partly.
Personality problems- Such people may often come across as people with borderline personality disorders as they are so weak so sustain a constant personality because they are scared they have to depend on the approval of several conflicting minds none of whom may be erroneous on their own but dependence on all of them may create a clutter of impossible unified solution.
Effect of negative feedback – This whole situation may worsen when the person does not get good results from what he is doing as inspite of his efforts he is not able to get approval of so many differing nagging fractions who he is dependant on. A good feedback and results is an immense booster to the victims efforts in developing his own image and personality.
Impaired social behavior and conduct- Due to such constant inability to please so many different sources and winning their approvals such people develop immense self doubt and tend to perform poorly and avoid social interactions.
Wavering minds-Due to constant criticism and nagging such people very soon develop inability of believe and maintain in what their decisions are and hence come across as people who don’t maintain their thoughts. Sometimes this can lead to a development wherin they just see everything as a task and go about doing them in a goal oriented pursuit without any emotional indulgence or attachment.
Depersonalization/dissociative disorders- In such environment people develop this condition. Symptoms can be classified as either depersonalization or derealization. Depersonalization is described as feeling disconnected or estranged from one's body, thoughts, or emotions. Individuals experiencing depersonalization may report feeling as if they are in a dream or are watching themselves in a movie. They may feel like an outside observer of their own thoughts or body, and often report feeling a loss of control over their thoughts or actions. In some cases, individuals may be unable to accept their reflection as their own, or they may have out of body experiences. While depersonalization is a sense of detachment from one's self, derealization is described as detachment from one's surroundings. Individuals experiencing derealization may report perceiving the world around them as foggy, dreamlike/surreal, or visually distorted.
Inability to develop intimacy, develop new relationships and maintain relationships- As they depend on many contrasting sources for approvals they develop serious self doubt and loose the ability to develop and maintain intimacy in relationships. They often tend to avoid new relationships due to previous experiences of negative outlash.
Therefore every person, be it a growing child or a new employee, a new partner, or a new friend or a new job is like a new seed we plant. The more good positive support t we provide the plant better the fruit we will get. I would not be too far from truth if I say that our minds and personality is hugely dependant and shaped by people around us who are largely responsible for what we turn out to be.
I have depression since three years and I stopped antidepressants before six month. I am working in a college as a lab assistant. It's a less pressure and less hour work. But salary is less and my wife don't want to adjust. I get an offer from one company with good salary so I joined it just to test myself taking leave at current work. My opinion is to find some other earning source.
I an 20 F and have persistent low grade fever from last two years. It comes with body ache and headache. Temperature never touches 100 F. Mostly in the time of noon evenings n recedes at night. Widal coming positive every time despite the antibiotic course I have done thrice. Gaining weight that is now 67 kg from 52 kg in 2013. Height 5 feet 4 inch. Menses normal no pain. hemoglobin 11.6. Urine reports normal. Urine culture normal. Stool reports normal. All blood reports along with blood culture normal except ESR that is 65 at present. Mantoux positive with 2 cms induration but chest X-Ray normal. BP normal but heart is 90-110 as I am suffering from General Anxiety from last 4 years. Still take clonazepam in moderation, Doing great in college. So a humble request here to help me with it please.
I Am 28 years old and I am dealing with depression and anxiety attacks from last 2-3 yrs. I used to get panic attacks and vomiting sensations , I am afraid of going to new places like party and relatives. I keep over thinking, think in every worst and good situation, facing financial difficulties, not enough support of my parents over me, being married since 1 yr. But wife is supportive and in laws. Afraid of facing situation. What to do, drinks and smokes but not addictive. Body gets tired easily and laziness becomes habit, doesn't like to hang around or get socialize. Like to keep myself locked in room alone and use to think different situations.
I have JUVENILE MYCLONIC EPILEPSY since 3 years. I came to know about it when I met a neurologist which had me an EEG test. There is no one in my family have this problem. Not even any neurological problem so far. I don't know where I got this disease. Doctor said the cause is unknown. Also I am physically weak. Is weakness might be a cause? I have also other problems such as memory loss, confusion and attention problem. Are these problems due to that disease? I just want to know what's cause of this.
I lost some weight close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I am taking antidepressant for alleviation of sertonin level. I am now fine. I want to switch to 5-htp food supplement. Which one is better.
Hi my name is rajeev Kumar podar. I have headache regular 2-3 hr. I not work in stress n tried medicine from doctor. Any yoga that can help.
What is sexual desire?
It is the attraction that manifests itself in a physical way, which leads to sexual excitement, peak and intercourse for satisfactory sexual activity. This is considered a normal part of the physiological make up of human beings. Yet, there are individuals who suffer from complete lack of desire, which may be categorised as an often unnoticed health issue. This can affect both men and women. So what else should you know about lack of desire? Here's our list!
- Lack of Desire for Women: Women often go through phases where they experience complete lack of sexual desire. This could be due to a variety of reasons, starting from hormonal changes to stress. This condition is usually known as Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder for women. This can be due to a combination of physical as well as mental factors.
- Lack of Desire for Men: Lack of desire for men is usually characterised by a condition known as erectile dysfunction where the patient may have a problem in getting and retaining an erection for long enough to go through with a complete cycle of sexual activity. The causes for this may range from ailments like low testosterone, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases, to stress.
- Frequency: Contrary to popular belief, lack of sexual desire does not happen due to less frequency of sex, for either male or female patients. As per medical studies, there is no set behaviour or pattern that can create low sexual desire.
- Relationship Issues: The issues may range from conflict and lack of performance as well as an utter lack of any kind of emotional stability and satisfaction in the relationship. This is one of the most common causes for lack of desire for both males and females. It may lead to complete lack of sexual interest for females, and stress that causes erectile dysfunction for males.
- Sociocultural Stress: Many times, there are many sociocultural factors that affect conditions like lack of desire. This may include stress due to one's job or peer pressure. In many cases, constant exposure to media executed imagery and pornography can also lead to unreasonable expectations. This can lead to stress and lack of interest in one's partner.
- Medical Issues: Lack of desire may also be a side effect of medical ailments like depression and other mental related problems. Also, chronic physical ailments like endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders can lead to such problems. Lack of desire may happen due to certain types of medicines like antidepressants and contraceptives.
Get to know more about your problem by visiting a doctor in case it becomes a persistent condition so that due treatment can take place.
I don't have a girlfriend. I desperately wants to have sex. Even the peoples to whom I respect. I started jerking off thinking about them. How to get rid of this thinking?
It has been 4 day I m have loose motion daily. I drink liquor most time what should I do. I also took many medicine give by the chemist what should I do to get healthy back.
Hello doctor, I am having a badly smoking habit. Due to this my chest always blocked. Could you please help me out?
I have been suffering with migraine, ibs since 10 years gb removed 2 years back. Having anxiety tension depression used lot etizolam, escloparam,fuluxetein, dipolarex,amitriptyline, clonazepam etc now my doctor prescribed tryptomer 25 mg to 10 mg lonazep 0.25.my migraine ibs was better now. Using librax, pantocid l as well. But my anxiety was too high can't control help me with any suggestion pls.
Sir/mam, I am 20 years old. I can not think properly to come up with the best solutions. I want to increase my intelligence in every field of view to become a versatile person. Please guide me.
Schizophrenia is a disease of the mind that is usually degenerative in nature. The complex disorder is generally characterized by symptoms, such as delusions, hallucinations (both auditory and visual) and disturbances in speech and is usually chronic in nature. The symptoms are not regular and can appear at any point of time. So it is highly possible that a person suffering from schizophrenia may sometimes bear resemblance to any other normal person and all of a sudden, might exhibit symptoms typical of Schizophrenia.
The causes of Schizophrenia include:
- Brain Dysfunction: Abnormalities in the cerebral cortex (the cerebrum’s outer covering that is vital in regulating consciousness) of the brain is the most common cause of this disorder. This is due to the presence of abnormally enlarged ventricles in that region. The decreased brain size owing to the enlarged ventricles is often related to the hallucinations and delusions experienced by schizophrenics.
- Genetic Factors: Studies have also stated ‘genetics’ to be an important cause behind this disorder. Closer the family ties, higher the risks of transmitting the disorder.
- Biochemical Factors: More than one neurotransmitter is being targeted by recent drugs to control schizophrenia.
Symptoms which most people do not experience normally, but are found in people diagnosed with schizophrenia are said to be positive symptoms. They are:
- Hallucinations: These are sensory experiences of things that do not exist outside the mind. Hallucinations usually manifest in the form of auditory or visual images.
- Delusions: Delusions on the other hand are false beliefs one has about oneself. Delusions are of 3 major types:
- Grandeur: Wherein the person imagines himself to be a famous personality
- Persecution: The belief that somebody somewhere is plotting against you and the whole world is going to get you.
- Control: The belief that a larger force, let’s say a witch, a demon or even a duck for that matter is controlling your actions.
These positive symptoms generally respond well to medications.
In addition to this, schizophrenics think and speak differently than the rest of the society. They jump from idea to idea, lose track of speech mid-way and often speak in fragmented and haphazardly joined sentences. They are, in fact, unable to fix their attention on anything in particular.
Examples of the most common negative symptoms include:
- The flat effect: The individual basically shows no facial expression and always has a flat emotionless mask on while staring into space. At times, they have inappropriate reactions to situations. Example - they might laugh at somebody's death and cry ad get angry when something good happens.
- Avolition: This condition occurs when the individual just sit for hours doing nothing as well as behaves in a way lacking any motivation or enthusiasm. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.