Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mr. MaheshYour feedback matters!
STRESS -BUSTING FOODS
Stressful events cause our cortisol levels to rise.cortisol causes food cravings, and in women, those cravings tend to be strongest for carbs, especially sweet according to research.
Stress and nutrition have always been linked- it's a fact. Someone with a healthy and balanced diet is likely to be far less than those someone with a poor diet.
Healthy, nutritious food and breathing exercise are the simplest methods for relieving stress.
Food with high vitamin and minerals actively help to reduce stress levels.
Food and drinks that can trigger and aggravates stress includes.
*Tea, coffee, coca, energy drinks.
* Fast foods and takeways.
* Butter cheese.
* Meat and shellfish.
* Sugar, alcohol, soda, soft drinks, chocolate drinks.
* Beverages like soft drinks which contain no vitamins and minerals.
STRESS - Busting food how they work:
1.Bowl of oatmeal boost levels of serotonine a calming brain chemical.
2.Complex carbs- All carbs prompt the brain to make more serotonine. whole grain bread, pasta, cereals, oatmeal.
3.Spinach- Too little magnesium may trigger a headache and fatigue compounding the effect of stress.other green leafy vegetables, cooked soybeans, fillet of salmon also high in magnesium.
4.Fish- omega 3 fatty acid found in fish such as salmon and tuna can prevent surges in stress hormone and may help to protect against heart disease, depression, and PMS.
5.Black tea- Drinking black tea may help you help recover from stressful events more quickly than tea drinkers.
6.Avocados- one of the best ways to reduce high blood pressure is to get enough potassium, and half an avocado has more potassium than a medium-sized banana.
7.Almonds- vitamins E to bolster the immune system, plus B vitamins, which may make you more resilient during bouts of stress or depression.
8.Raw veggie- crunchy raw vegetables can help ease stress in a purely mechanical way. Munching celery or carrot sticks help release a clenched jaw that can ward off tension.
10. Milk- another bedtime stress buster is the time-honored glass of warm milk. Research shows that calcium eases anxiety and mood swings linked to PMS. ADIVCE TO TAKE LOW FAT AND SKIM MILK.
I fear for everything. I feel tensed for even silly small situations I feel anxiety in those situations What to do? How to be strong and brave.
Hi, I have cold and fear from past 3 weeks. Even I consulted near by doctor also. But its not cured.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
A person closely related aged 60 is a regular drinker for very long. Gets depressed if he does not drink. Has a tendency to get angry and abuse those who oppose him. Works, but leads a aggressive style. Superstitious and highly operated about people. Is he only alcoholic or has a psychotic problem.
I am 27 year old, day by day m getting weak, my face also looks so dull nd weak, weight also declines from 53 to 45, pain in back nd left hand, or arm, or fingers as if it like arthritis pain, due to some major problems in life I always feel like of useless me nd meaningless life, nobody can understand me, nd nt getting help from anyone dat hw could I get out from all these problems.
I have eye number. Some times I shows flying lines or rings. When I move eyes the rings or lines also moves with eyes. It distract me for focusing some where. How I reduce this effect and how I reduce my eye number.
I am facing the problem of depression since last 5 months I will be crying whole day and will be just lying down and usually feel tired everyday and there is lack of sleep and food capacity has been reduced.
Nowadays i am fearing for everything..I am not able to do anything boldly..I am not afraid of ghost before 1 year,but now i am having so much fear to go out at Midnight.Some unexpected things happened in my life,this creates me more pressure..I could not concentrate on my work properly an sleep earlier at night also..Please help to resolve this problem as soon as possible..
Anxiety is a psychological and physiological state categorized by somatic, emotional, cognitive, and behavioural components. The basic meaning of the word anxiety is 'to vex or trouble'. Anxiety is a feeling of uneasiness, nervousness, or fright. The foundation of this uneasiness is not always known or recognized, which can add to the suffering you feel.
Symptoms of anxiety disorders are often chronic, and include difficulty in concentrating, high irritability, tense muscles, disturbed sleep, and trouble overcoming worries.
If no physical illness is found, you may be referred to a psychiatrist or psychologist, mental health professionals who are specially trained to diagnose and treat mental illnesses. Treatment for anxiety most often includes a combination of medicine and cognitive-behavioural therapy.
One should use, apply Ayurvedic Massage Oils such as Hibril Oil
- Appliance of Paste of Ayurvedic Herbs (Tagara, Vacha, Rakta-chandan and Nilotapala-these four herbs mixed with luke warm Ghee).Take ayurvedic medicines internally, such as,
- Ashwagandha which is one of the most effective ayurvedic resource
- Vacha (Acorus calamus),
- Jyotishmati (Celestrus paniculatas),
- Shankhapushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis),
- Tagara( Valeriana jatamansi),
- Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi),
- Brahmi (Centella asiatica),
- Haritaki ( Terminalia chebula) etc.
- In addition, relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing and biofeedback, may help to control the muscle tension that often accompanies anxiety.
Dear Dr. I am 42 year old and I get tensed / back headache cause of my office problems for not getting promotion and problems created by my seniors for no reason for which I feel tired and drowsy every time . I am a non alcoholic and non smoker. I saw a psychiatrist during 2014 he informed me that the drowsiness is because of anxiety and he prescribed me nexito 5 mg and lonazep0. 25. He informed me to take this for 6 months and now I stop. Now again I am getting the same type of feeling. Feeling restless and drowsy when I check for sugar instant it was 95 (low) and my HB was 10.7 and now I am taking some iron tablets. Sir please suggest me shall I continue taking the medicine lonazep and nexito. Is there any side effects when taken for long with any other medicine and how long can I take this medicine to stop my drowsiness / anxiety. Also please suggest how can I stop anxiety / depression / hand shivering if not taken food on time pls. Pls advice. Thanking you.
I panic whenever somebody give me some task. How to overcome that panic so I concentrate on the task.
In the modern day lifestyle, it is extremely difficult to be stress free. Even a tiny situation like losing your pen to a something like meeting a deadline at work can cause stress. Stress acts like a catalyst to different diseases like high cholesterol, hypertension, cardiac diseases, etc. You cannot avoid stress, but what you can do is help yourself fight it; and you can actually fight stress with the help of food as well. Here are a few food items which will help you with your fight against stress:
- Chocolate: Chocolate is one of the best stress busters. It contains magnesium, phenyl ethyl amine and carbohydrates, all of which help lift your spirits. Chocolate helps in the reduction of stress hormones, helping you to relax.
- Coffee: Coffee helps your brain signal the production of BDNF (a brain derived protein), which helps to keep your brain cells healthy. A low level of BDNF can cause a lot of stress and depression. Coffee triggers many neurotransmitters, which control your mood changes; so may be a cup or two of coffee will help your to be chirpier.
- Green leafy vegetables: All green leafy vegetables like spinach contain a high quantity of magnesium. Magnesium prevents headaches and fatigue, which in turn reduces stress.
- Black Tea: Black tea can relieve you of stress, quicker than any other food item. Black tea reduces the amount of cortisol, a hormone which causes stress, and gives you a feeling of calmness.
- Milk: Milk contains calcium, which is known to ease anxiety and control sudden mood swings related to PMS or post menstrual stress.
- Bananas: Bananas have a huge content of dopamine, which is a natural chemical that works towards boosting your mood. This is the same chemical released in your body after a session of working out. Bananas also have a lot of potassium and B group vitamins which work towards soothing your nervous system and a lot of magnesium which brings in positivity to your mood.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in vitamin E and group B vitamins, which will help you to be more resilient when you are depressed or anxious.
So if you are stressed out, pop in a few almonds or have a cup of tea, and release your stress.