Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. Mahesh
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mr. MaheshYour feedback matters!
I want a healthy diet plan for weight loss! I have gained 5kgs and I really need to loose it so please help me out. I am having exam preparation holidays so I sit and study most of the time which leads to increase in weight. So I need a proper diet plan for my extra weight to come in control:(
My mom has some kind of disturb feeling in her mind. And she has not replying any answers quickly as normal persons do. Everytime I am seeing I feel that she is thinking about something which I cant understand . She also not saying. She has also problem of headache and gaestro and pain during urine. What kind of doctor I have to search for above problems ? Please help.
I am Sleep at tonight everyday. Most of days I Sleep after 11: 00 Pm -1: 00 am. Is there any problem. Them I get up early at time of 5: 00clock. I study at that times.
I am socially weak and can't interact with anyone. I feel depress and don't like the way I am. What should I do?
Hello, I am asking this question for my mother Ms. Sushma Gupta as she is suffering from Depression for past 10 years, she is under medication for past 10 years. I want to know that how much time she needs medication to be fully fit mentally and physically. Also please advise what can we do for improving her health. She ocassionly does exercises, do not talk too much, love to be in isolation. She is a mother of two happily married children but both of them are not living with her as both are in government job, far from home. Also let us know daily routine which can help her.
Hello doctor, My question is what is bipolar I m talking tablet since 7 year is it cure completely or not.
Nowadays, drug abuse is a universally condemned action such that selling certain drugs are illegal. Children are not allowed to take drugs until they reach a certain age such as 21 for most states in India. Lots of problems start occurring when you are addicted to a certain drug. It is also nearly impossible to stop since the nerve cells change the way they function due to drugs.
These nerve cells overstimulate the 'reward circuit' of the brain. This means that your brain constantly needs to be 'rewarded' and this reward comes in the form of drugs. There are many reasons why people become addicts and here are some of them.
- People want to get high: This is perhaps the most common reason why people become drug addicts. The moment they take in one drug, they love the feeling they get so much that they keep wanting to go back to it.
- People want to fit in: This is also a very common reason. When all your friends and perhaps even your bosses and other superiors are taking drugs, you do not want to feel left out or ostracized by your friend group. This is why many people start taking drugs.
- Unintentionally taking drugs due to injuries or medical conditions: Sometimes a doctor prescribes a medicine for a certain time period but it does not work or works too well and so you keep taking the drug so that you will feel better. This happens more often than you think.
- People take drugs to relieve stress: This is another very common reason why people take drugs. You may easily rationalize with them thinking that taking drugs is a good way to relax from work and family pressures. However, the long term effects of taking drugs are much worse than the stress.
- Boredom from daily life: In young teens and adolescents especially, life can be so boring that they want to try something new and thus resort to drug abuse. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi I am 49 yrs old. I have a unwanted fear.I should come out from this. Because of this am not able to eat properly. So I have lost my weight.
Please note: Depression is a serious medical condition and can require medical attention. If you suffer from depression, please call your doctor for diagnosis and a treatment plan that works for you.
The first problem with depression is its definition. A feeling or mental state isn’t easily measured or defined. Sure, there’s a clinical definition, but diagnostic criteria can be awfully subjective. Because of this, and because of the pressure for doctors to prescribe expensive drugs, antidepressants are doled out to people who don’t qualify for the diagnosis of major depression. This includes giving pills to people with insomnia, muscle spasms, or really any report of being bummed out.
The DSM-5 (the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) lays out the diagnostic criteria for Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) like this (more or less): Five (or more) of the following symptoms have to be present for a consecutive 2-week period. At least one of these has to be “depressed mood” or “loss of interest or pleasure”:
- Depressed mood (i.e., sad, empty, hopeless)
- Diminished of pleasure in all (or almost all) activities
- Change in weight more than 5% in one month when not dieting
- Insomnia or hypersomnia nearly every day
- Psychomotor changes (slowed down or sped up) – must be observed by others
- Fatigue or loss of energy nearly every day
- Feelings of worthlessness or excessive or inappropriate guilt nearly every day
- Diminished ability to think or concentrate, or indecisiveness, nearly every day
- Recurrent thoughts of death, suicidal thoughts, or suicidal attempts
- Again, while it’s likely that doctors are overprescribing antidepressants, it’s important that if you’re suffering from any of the above criteria, you call your doctor to get some help!